Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Closed Jan 2022] Sheraton Roma (Rome) , Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Closed Jan 2022] Sheraton Roma (Rome) , Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2006, 7:07 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by UCSBCHRIS2002
I am also staying at the Sheraton Roma in August and I called starwood 800 number about an upgrade. They said that if you are using points and cash then you can't upgrade using points. Does anyone know if that is right or should I try again and speak to someone else??
I had the same experience when calling the Starwood number to try to upgrade beforehand, but when I checked in, the front desk staff had no problem in doing so.

While I was in Italy continuing my trip, I called the Starwood toll free number over there and tried to do the upgrade for my other stay in Milan with Cash and Points, and I got the same reply but the agent on the phone told me that usually if the hotel has upgradable rooms, we can talk to the front desk when we check in and they will try to upgrade us with more points.

Hope this helps!
Old Jun 18, 2006, 11:13 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Is breakfast included with the C & P rooms for a gold member?
Old Jun 19, 2006, 7:15 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Is breakfast included with the C & P rooms for a gold member?
No, unless you did what I did: upgrade to the Executive Club room by adding another 1,500 points each night which entitles you to go to the Club Lounge. You can only do the upgrade thru their front desk when you check in.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 9:30 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
After reading nice things about the Sheraton Roma I am thinking of booking it for the final night of our 2 week summer vacation to Italy. Since we have a 10:30 AM departure I figured it was a better option than the Westin Excelsior where we are spending our first 5 days of the trip.

We will come in that last evening around dinner time via train from Venice. My question is about the shuttle that runs from the city center to the hotel. Is this meant more for day tourists than a family of 3 with 2 weeks worth of luggage? I am not sure if it is the same as the airport shuttle or if we will be the only ones on it with suitcases rather than camera cases.

If it will be easier to catch a cab from the train station I will do that, my take from reading this thread is that it should cost around 25 Euro?
Old Jan 5, 2007, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by ghia74
We will come in that last evening around dinner time via train from Venice. My question is about the shuttle that runs from the city center to the hotel. Is this meant more for day tourists than a family of 3 with 2 weeks worth of luggage? I am not sure if it is the same as the airport shuttle or if we will be the only ones on it with suitcases rather than camera cases.

If it will be easier to catch a cab from the train station I will do that, my take from reading this thread is that it should cost around 25 Euro?
The city center shuttle does not go to the train station, and if you don't know the lay of the land, you will have difficulty taking the metro to the Colosseum stop and then finding the shuttle stop IMO.

You could take the metro from Termini (main train station) in the direction of Eur Fermi / Laurentina and exit at the Magliana station. From there, you can be adventurous and walk to the hotel (3-4 blocks along a busy street with narrow/non-existent sidewalks or take the bus to Viale del Pattinaggio (one stop?).

I don't know what a cab would cost you from Termini, but the Sheraton Roma is quite a ways out of the city center, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was more than 25 Euro.

Last edited by ExitRowAisle; Jan 5, 2007 at 10:10 pm
Old Jan 18, 2007, 8:16 pm

Can anyone comment on the Club Lounge and variety and types of beer / wine / liquor ? I am trying to guage whether it is worth the extra cost and avoid paying quite a bit for a glass of wine.

My experience is that there is a range of service / food in lounges that runs from meager to a bounty. I am happy in the middle and higher. Thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 8:11 am

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
Originally Posted by idainc
Can anyone comment on the Club Lounge and variety and types of beer / wine / liquor ? I am trying to guage whether it is worth the extra cost and avoid paying quite a bit for a glass of wine.

My experience is that there is a range of service / food in lounges that runs from meager to a bounty. I am happy in the middle and higher. Thanks.
When I was here a year ago, I recall that the red wine was just okay (there was beer and liquor though I can't vouch for the range or quality) and the nibbles were fairly middling. I don't know that the lounge is worth paying for if that was the main draw.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 12:54 pm

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
My wife and I are planning our first trip Rome this summer and are considering C&P at the Roma. Will the location be frustrating or is it worth the tremendous savings?
Old Mar 21, 2007, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
Hey neighbor!
I’ll be staying there for two nights in May with the family booked on SPG points. We’re then off to Florence, Milan and Venice. From what I’ve been reading it’s not such a bad location and they offer a free shuttle to the downtown area as well as a shuttle to-from FCO for a small fee. PM me and I can send you the hotel-airport shuttle schedule. I’ll let you know how it went when I get back but you’d probably be best booking your room sooner than later. The downtown starwood properties are pretty expensive. (OT, I frequently travel to YWG )
Old Mar 21, 2007, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by idainc

I was there last year, and as a Plat was upgraded to the Club Floor, IMO--the rooms were merely 'ok', and the food in the lounge was nothing to get excited about. As for beverages, there was beer, wine & champagne--no hard liquor. I was not given a free breakfast in the restaurant, but the spread in the Lounge was fine.

If this is a first trip to Rome, I wouldn't suggest spending the entire time at this property. Yes, it is cheaper, but after awhile taking the bus back and forth into the city would be a bit tiring. I would suggest staying the first and last nights there, but do try and stay within Rome for a couple of nights. Yes, the Starwood properties are expensive-- but try some of the other hotels, or check the weekend, or promo rates for Starwood.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pool availability

I'm staying here on the 30th September and called to find out if the pool would still be open.

Apparantly, it closes on the 9th October this year. Whether it is open during my visit will depend on the weather.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 11:57 pm

Queen Rooms/Single Sofa

One of the room types is queen with single sofa. Does anyone know if this would be a suitable sleeping arrangement for 2 adults and two children? (Specifically is the sofa really a double?) It's one of the few options available for points.

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2007, 4:18 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
from our friends in Italy...

Originally Posted by MikeyC
One of the room types is queen with single sofa. Does anyone know if this would be a suitable sleeping arrangement for 2 adults and two children? (Specifically is the sofa really a double?) It's one of the few options available for points.

Thanks!
"Some Classic Queen Rooms have pull-out sofas that may accommodate one additional adult/child. Unfortunately the hotel does not have guest rooms that may accommodate four persons or queen bed plus two extra beds.

For any further inquiries, specifically regarding very small children/infants, you may contact the personal assistant of the GM, Ms Palma Damiani at [email protected].

Many thanks,

The Hotel Management"
Old Oct 15, 2007, 9:08 pm

Thanks William!

You are amazing. I have to confess that Starwood has probably been my number three chain, but your service has me rethinking my priorities! Color me impressed with Starwood's general commitment to service and in particular your care and professionalism.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 12:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Any Platinum member has recent experience at this hotel? Do they upgrade you to their suite or the club floor? How is their free shuttle service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.