Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai

In case anyone is planning a trip to Shanghai in May or after: the Four Points Shanghai is opening on 18 May. Opening rates are around RMB 1,100, but prepaid rates are as low as RMB 750. I'll be trying the Four Points end of May, but if anyone goes there in the weeks before me, please try and post a stay report. Thanks.

On another note, Shanghai seems to be quite a good location to hotel hop and rack up some stays to achieve status in SPG--St. Regis, Westin, Sheraton, and now Four Points!
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:50 am

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
On another note, Shanghai seems to be quite a good location to hotel hop and rack up some stays to achieve status in SPG--St. Regis, Westin, Sheraton, and now Four Points!
Indeed. It would make for a helluva mileage and mattress run when one can combine PVG and BKK in one run. One can dream, no?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 4:18 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
In case anyone is planning a trip to Shanghai in May or after: the Four Points Shanghai is opening on 18 May. Opening rates are around RMB 1,100, but prepaid rates are as low as RMB 750. I'll be trying the Four Points end of May, but if anyone goes there in the weeks before me, please try and post a stay report. Thanks.
This date is a recent change from their previously announced opening which was to be March 28.

Just curious if anyone knows what happens if a reservation is made and the opening is not achieved?

I was debating staying there April 4 at the time it was suppose to be the March 28 opening.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 5:38 pm

Programs: Cathay Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Platinum Executive
I noticed that the location is overlooking the Huangpu River in the Lujiazui financial district on Pudong side. The map does not show much detail...does anyone know of the exact location? Is it next to Jin Mao building or the Shangri La?
Old Mar 11, 2006, 4:02 am
Original Poster

I forgot...should also add Le Meridien She Shan Shanghai starting later this month! That's FIVE SPG hotels!
Old Mar 11, 2006, 9:17 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
According to spg.com, they are taking reservations for any date after 4/1.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rbAA
According to spg.com, they are taking reservations for any date after 4/1.
The site must have been recently updated. Only two days ago, when I first posted this thread, the site still said 18 May. Maybe they are having a soft opening between 01 Apr and then.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tofuboy
I noticed that the location is overlooking the Huangpu River in the Lujiazui financial district on Pudong side. The map does not show much detail...does anyone know of the exact location? Is it next to Jin Mao building or the Shangri La?
Based on the address, it appears to be just east of the Jin Mao building.

If I'm not mistaken, the W site is on the river near the Shangri-La.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have a friend that's staying there now.....

..... and she says it's already (80%) a Starwood property (including the the soap and the POINTS).
Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:53 pm

Programs: Cathay Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Platinum Executive
Originally Posted by moondog
Based on the address, it appears to be just east of the Jin Mao building.

If I'm not mistaken, the W site is on the river near the Shangri-La.
Thanks for the info moondog!

Looking forward to checking this place out next time I'm in Shanghai. Can't wait to see how the W turns out as well.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by tofuboy
Thanks for the info moondog!

Looking forward to checking this place out next time I'm in Shanghai. Can't wait to see how the W turns out as well.
There's gonna be a W in Shanghai? Where? When?
Old Mar 13, 2006, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Upcoming Starwood Hotels in China

Originally Posted by bp888
There's gonna be a W in Shanghai? Where? When?
W Pudong, Shanghai is scheduled to open in 2008. So is the W Hong Kong.

I'm more excited about the Westin Beijing Financial Street opening this fall, in September.

You can check out this website for a listing of the existing and upcoming Starwoods in China: www.starwoodchina.com.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 9:04 am

W Pudong, Shanghai is scheduled to open in 2008. So is the W Hong Kong.

I'm more excited about the Westin Beijing Financial Street opening this fall, in September.

You can check out this website for a listing of the existing and upcoming Starwoods in China: www.starwoodchina.com.
Thanks! Finally, another Starwood property in HK. Long overdue.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 9:10 am
Suspended

Four Points Sheraton Shanghai

At Cat 2 the Four Points Shanghai seems pretty good value compared to the other SPG properties at Cat 4 & 5.

Can someone comment further on the location of this hotel.

Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2006, 9:32 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by mario33
Can someone comment further on the location of this hotel.

Thanks
Using this map http://www.hoteltravel.com/china/sha...pudong_map.htm my guess (and it is only a guess) is the 4pts is just south of the #8 at the SE corner of the intersection of Pujian and what on this map is called Fucheng Nanlu but on other maps is called Pudong Road.

My plans are to book for April 4 so I will send a report from their free wireless unless the opening is so soft that the wireless is not functioning on that date.
What I am more concerned about is explaining to a taxi driver who doesn't speak any of the languages that I do very well that I want to go to a just opened hotel.
General Directions from SPG.com
From East
Take the Outer Ring Highway and turn right onto Luoshan Road. From Luoshan Road, turn right onto Pujian Road. The hotel is located on the left.
From North
Take the Inner Ring Highway to Yang Pu Bridge. Continue over the bridge to Yang Gao Road. Proceed to Pujian Road and turn right; the hotel is located on the left.
From West
Take the Yanan Road Highway and turn right onto the Inner Ring Highway. Continue to the Nan Pu Bridge and exit onto Pudong Road South. The hotel is located on the right.
From South
Take the Outer Ring Highway and exit right onto Yang Gao Road. Turn left onto Pujian Road; the hotel is located on the left.

Last edited by magic111; Mar 13, 2006 at 10:12 am Reason: spwelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.