Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange Things Found in Hotel Room

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2006, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Strange Things Found in Hotel Room

Saw this thread in the Marriott forum... Pretty hillarious...

I will kick it off... I have found ladies underwear, mens underwear and socks in various dressers across the US...
Old Feb 16, 2006, 10:47 am

Programs: UA (1k) lifetime gold, AA (EP), Starwood (Life Plat), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by redarrow
Saw this thread in the Marriott forum... Pretty hillarious...

I will kick it off... I have found ladies underwear, mens underwear and socks in various dressers across the US...

I found $200 in a hotel in Athens once!
Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:26 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by sfallsflyer
I found $200 in a hotel in Athens once!

I found a Snickers wrapper in a closet...

-Vincent
Old Feb 16, 2006, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've found people that didn't belong to me.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 1:02 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by PremEx
I wouldnt want to find that, although I wish I had some interesting story to tell involving that...

-Vincent
Old Feb 16, 2006, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I rented a cottage in Hawaii a couple years ago and arrived around 10 pm after a late flight and found a woman hiding in the bathroom! It turns out she was the groundskeeper and snuck in to watch TV, thinking nobody was coming that night. When she saw our car's headlights, she shut off the TV and decided to hide in the bathroom. How she was planning on getting out, I have no idea. I found her because I routinely do a "safety walk through" when I arrive at a rental property with my kids (now you know why!).

Somewhat surprisingly, the incident didn't much bother me at the time. I got a quick explanation from her, sent her on her way, and went to sleep. I did make sure to use the deadbolt, however
Old Feb 16, 2006, 1:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
LOL I've had something similar like that happen.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 1:24 pm

Programs: US Chairmans, AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum
Admittedly this was not at a Starwood property but I did find a lizard/chameleon in the toilet when I arrived at a rental villa in Costa Rica. He proved impossible to catch as he would run up the walls and hang upside down on the ceiling if you chased him.

I learned that he was actually desirable to have around as he ate mosquitoes and other insects which inevitably found their way through the gap under the door...
Old Feb 16, 2006, 1:49 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Crabs!

Originally Posted by dankyone
Admittedly this was not at a Starwood property but I did find a lizard/chameleon in the toilet when I arrived at a rental villa in Costa Rica. He proved impossible to catch as he would run up the walls and hang upside down on the ceiling if you chased him.

I learned that he was actually desirable to have around as he ate mosquitoes and other insects which inevitably found their way through the gap under the door...
On three different occasions in July 2004 we found a sand crab in our ground floor Lanai Suite at the Westin at Our Lucaya. We don't know which way they got in, but there was a gap under the front door, and a crack along one of the sliding glass doors. While walking back from dinner one evening, we joked about whether one would be in the room. When we walked into the room, there was a crab with claws up in the air watching the Starwood channel! The maid had turned on the TV during turndown service.

(There are worse kinds of crabs that one could find in a hotel room.)

Second story:
When I worked at an independent hotel in Daytona, we had a room in which the occupants never returned after the first day and yet never checked out. Their safe was locked, though, and when we opened it, it contained a glass pipe -- not the usual tobacco type of pipe.

Most recently, someone with a Japanese-looking name left their $1080.00 spa receipt in my room at the Aladdin. (I hope that they got Starpoints credit for that!)

I sometimes leave pertinent coupons (such as leftover spa or restaurant coupons) or travel tips in the guestroom guidebook.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 2:06 pm

Strange things just at a *wood hotel ?

Ok, this is a long one. Apologies in advance.

Last year I stayed at the Sheraton Harbor Suites in NJ across the Lincoln Tunnel in NJ.

11:30 pm at night, waken up by noises from next room. Unmistakenly, I could hear every detail, position changes, cute comments about body parts, etc. I turned on the TV and turned up the volume on my TV, didn't make a slight difference to reduce the noise from next door.

Went on for over an hour.

Next morning, my check-out paper was in my room. But it wasn't my bill. The bill was for the gent next room, with his name and address in full view. And he's from NYC. Hmm, I wondered why he didn't just bring the girl back to his own apartment ?
Old Feb 16, 2006, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by sc flier
(There are worse kinds of crabs that one could find in a hotel room.)
I wonder if someone actually found those and brought them home as souvenirs I would NOT be a very happy camper

I havn't found anything interesting at the SPG properties I've stayed. I guess that means housekeep is donig a wonderful job ^

Well, I do occasionally find blond hair on the bed (while I'm a brunette)
Old Feb 16, 2006, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 3po3po
I turned on the TV and turned up the volume on my TV....
You mean, you turned OFF the TV and leaned against the wall to listen?
Old Feb 16, 2006, 2:31 pm

I found a crisp 100 bill on top of the safe at the Ambassaro in Monterrey, it was a few days before christmas.

I found a bhong (water pipe) in my room in AMS at the pulitzer on top of the dresser.

I found half a joint in a match book at the El Dorado in Santa Fe (non starwood). My 10 year old brother actually found it in my Dad's room, the night before I got married.

I found a sealed bottle of jack daniels in the closet behind the pillows at the Westin Park Central in Dallas.

Used rubber in the trash can at the former sheraton 4-points, Austin (gross).

Used tampon at hyatt in Chicago (gross).

Keys to a BMW in Westin Embassy Row, DC.

Highlighter which was actually a drug pipe at Sheraton in Alexandria in the desk drawer.

I kept the money and the Jack and had house keeping dispose of everything else.

I did leave the bhong alone because it was AMS and figured that someone might be back and actually need it.

Money I actually considered giving to front desk, but then I figured that they would never find the guest and just keep it. I used it as a generous x mas tip to my standard taxi driver. He was thrilled and I went with him to buy his little girl a bike at walmart for x-mas.

Novel Run A Way Jury in Room at Sheraton IAH-I kept that too. Made my flight the next day to NRT go a little faster.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 2:43 pm

Programs: 1K
1) Many years ago found a scorpian in the bathroom sink at a motel in Texas, I think

2) Also many years ago 2 full (sealed) bottles of really nice champage under the bed. Too bad I don't drink champagne. I gave them to a friend who seemed quite appreciative
Old Feb 16, 2006, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Daringdoo
1) Many years ago found a scorpian in the bathroom sink at a motel in Texas, I think

2) Also many years ago 2 full (sealed) bottles of really nice champage under the bed. Too bad I don't drink champagne. I gave them to a friend who seemed quite appreciative
I think finding things under the bed is just as amusing as someone would actually look under the bed when staying at a hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.