Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[CLOSED] Munich Four Points Central [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[CLOSED] Munich Four Points Central [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2003, 5:04 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Sorry to disappoint Ken hAAmer, but as I have said many times before, as long as the hotel provides sufficient bedding for the number of people in the room, they are "off the hook" legally-speaking as they have fulfilled their legal obligations.

Now practically, they are on the hook with Starwood Hotel Customer Service since this is a legitmate complaint for a Room Type Discrepancy. So, if Globehopper or anyone else runs into a similar situation, it should be taken up with customer service.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jun 10, 2003, 12:47 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ken hAAmer:
On the contrary, if people won't guarantee the number of and bed types, I refuse to stay with them. Marriott lost all of my business a few years ago (much to the delight of of Starwood and Hilton, to a lesser degree ~170 hotel nights a year) because most Marriott properties won't guarantee a non-smoking room.
</font>
Sorry, I have to disagree: This statement isn't correct any more since a long time. Marriott guarantees a room with bed-type and smoking/non-smoking. Neither Hilton nor Starwood have anything similiar. Since the end of the last year, you even get a compensation (25USD - 100USD compensation depending from brand) if Marriott is not able to give you the booked room type. I've never been in a smoking room in a Marriott brand ...

------------------
Pictures from hotel stays
Basic Hotel stays/nights/points calculator
Short overview: KLM FD, LH M&M
Old Jun 10, 2003, 7:02 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Globehopper, I wonder if you had specified 3 people in the reservation if you would have encountered trouble. This may be a way around the "preference" nonsense.

Marriott does have one thing going for them and that is they will guarantee the room type (beds & S/NS) at the time you make a reservation. If what you want is not available, their reservation system will tell you so and state that you can proceed with the reservation with your preferences noted. Thus, you always know what to expect or not expect when you get to the hotel.
Old Jun 10, 2003, 8:08 am

Not that the Munich 4pts needs any more "free advertising" in this forum, but for what it's worth, my wife had a middling experience there last year, capped off by a lack of hot water on the morning of her check-out.

Because she had to catch the early train to Frankfurt, that meant no shower for 24 hours of travelling (luckily though she had access to the AA Admiral's Club!). I don't believe she was offered a beer (though she was pregnant at the time, anyway, and not drinking)!

Good location, however.

lux
Old Jun 10, 2003, 11:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
The Arabella Sheraton Westpark is one stop further up the road on the U-Bahn and sounds like a much nicer property. I have stayed there regularly and have never had the problems that you have encountered.
Old Jun 11, 2003, 6:27 am

Programs: AA EXP; BD Gold; Hyatt Dia; HH Dia; IC RA; AxCent
Globehopper,

first of all congatulations for being moved to the ArabellaSheraton Grand Hotel - this is my favorite property in Munich, has 5 AAA Diamond Awards, and was voted among the top two German business hotels by BusinesTraveller magazine.

While located in a business park, it is still less than 10 minutes from the English garden or just about 10-15 minutes by the modern U-Bahn to Central station.

If the hotel would not honor my reservation, I would consider moving to a new hotel (may be of the same chain) right away, enjoy their breakfast, and have the hotel company reimburse me for at least the transfer cost as well as additional costs for accomodation and breakfast - I am sure Starwood would have done in this case.

The one instead of two bed issue only appeared once to me before, at a Marriott Courtyard, where they offered me an upgrade to a Junior King as well as two-for-one dining.

[This message has been edited by Expedient (edited 06-11-2003).]
Old Dec 24, 2003, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

4 Points in Munich - any recent comments?

I am planning an Easter weekend break in Munich. There are some reasonable prices coming up for both the City Centre and Olympiapark 4 points. Having searched the City Centre hotel seems to have had some fairly serious service issues in the past - any improvements? Any comments on the Olympiapark property?

Or should I just use Priceline for the Rennaissance at around USD60? I would stay at one of the Arabella properties but I can see a cash flow crunch coming early next year so I am keen to keep costs down.
Old Dec 24, 2003, 11:45 am

I stayed there (City Center) a couple of times earlier in the year and had no problem with the service.

You have to keep in mind that this is a mid-level (similar to Hampton Inns/Fairfield Inns) rather than Westin-level property, but it is good value for the money, and the service was very good in my experience.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 11:15 pm

Need info about Munchen Central location

Hi guys this is my first posting on the starwoods forum,my wife is arriving in Munich on Feb 8 with my 2 year old son ,and I make a reservation for both at the Four Points Munchen Central.
Could someone tell ..how can she get there by taxi...how much can she except to pay and how central is this hotel for some limited time of sightseing Thanks a lot
Old Jan 23, 2004, 2:48 am

Programs: MR Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat, IC Amb
The Sheraton 4points Central is indeed relatively central. It is across th famous "Wiesn" of the Oktoberfest, which does not help you much in February. But it indeed does help you with a subway station nearby. (U4) With that one everything you want to see is within easy reach. You could also walk to some closer places.
I assume that you will arrive at the airport. Taxi from there to the hotel will run likely at 60 Euro. Don't do it. Take either the train or the airport bus to the Central station. (I believe it is 9 Euro per person). From the Central station you can start using your U4 subway or take a short cab ride from there if you have a lot of luggage.

Old Apr 20, 2004, 1:38 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I stayed several times in the FP Central in the past and never had any problems. I usually got a room with a nice big balcony to the backyard, which was quite nice and every time an upgrade.

The 4P Cnetral is in walking distance to the main station (15 min.), but the subway station is nearby. They have a garage (fee) and - which is the reason to me to choose this 4P instead of the 4P Olympiapark - sauna, steambath and small jaccuzzi.

The breakfast is served in buffet, but the room is a little bit small and becomes sometimes crowded; there is no restaurant.

Jan

P.S. Munich is my favourite city to collect SPG Stays....
Old Apr 23, 2004, 4:02 am

FLYGVA:
1--Sorry if I did not understand: You selected Central because they charge fee for parking? Or, did you mean to say "free"?
2--Does either hotel have courtesy shuttle from airport?
Old Apr 24, 2004, 1:27 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by best
FLYGVA:
1--Sorry if I did not understand: You selected Central because they charge fee for parking? Or, did you mean to say "free"?
2--Does either hotel have courtesy shuttle from airport?
@ 1)
I choose the Central, because they have a sauna / steambath. The part which is the reason to me to choose this 4P instead of the 4P Olympiapark belongs to sauna, steambath and small jaccuzzi. I am sorry, I my syntax is confusing ....
@ 2)
I could not remember, but I do not think, that they offer shuttle service from / to airport. But they cold be easy reached by public transportation (S-Bahn).
Old Jul 11, 2004, 2:33 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
I stayed there one night about 2 weeks ago on a Internet prepaid stay at the 4Points Central. I was not impressed but it was just ok. Out of my 4 hotel stays in Germany and Belgium, this was the lowest rated of the 4. I was not offered a Platinum Ammenity and the morning desk clerk tried to double bill me in the morning. The location was within walking distance to the main train station (Hauptbanhof), about a 15 minute walk. The room was small but very clean. I was going to get a beer at the bar but it was walking into a wall of smoke at night. Also the desk was not staffed at night around 9:00pm as I couldn't get anyone to help me with a question.

I did walk down to the Hofbrauhaus and window shopped but just wasn't too impressed with Munich.

Last edited by newself; Jul 11, 2004 at 2:35 pm
Old Jul 13, 2004, 1:15 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
I'm going to be in MUC for one night next week. Was planning to stay at the 4pts central (best rate euro 66) as opposed to arabella grand at euro 110. I recently stayed at the 4pts in koln central. could i expect this muc 4pts to be quite similar to that...

also, i have some friends who are booked for the same night at the 'Hilton Munich City' on Rosenheimer Strasse 15. So ideally I would like to stay in the starwood property that is closest to this hotel, and preferable within walking distance. Could any of the locals please guide on the approx distances between this hotel and the nearest *woods.

thanks
AJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.