Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

FAQ: How long does it take to transfer starpoints to AA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: How long does it take to transfer starpoints to AA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2009, 6:13 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
It's never too late to give a call to SPG to explain what happened. No guarantees but you should give it a try.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Thanks Thyetus. I'll give it a try.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold
I just transfered SPG points to AA, and updates in terms of time?

Also does anyone know how long AA will hold my ticket while I wait for the points to come in?
Old Aug 24, 2009, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jwurz

Also does anyone know how long AA will hold my ticket while I wait for the points to come in?
Straight from aa.com:

How long may I hold an AAdvantage award reservation before ticketing?
A: If booked between 330 and 15 days prior to departure, an AAdvantage award reservation may be held for 5 days from the booking date. If booked 14 days prior to departure or less, an AAdvantage award reservation may be held for one day. If booked inside of 24 hours, an AAdvantage award reservation can be held until two hours prior to departure.

Note: Award processing charges apply to tickets issued less than 21 days before you begin travel.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 2:32 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum/ DL Silver
Not sure about AA transfer time, but when I went from SPG to DL it took 5 days IIRC (but no more than 7). It also included to 5000 mile bonus for transferring 20000 points.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Originally Posted by FireforEffect
Not sure about AA transfer time, but when I went from SPG to DL it took 5 days IIRC (but no more than 7). It also included to 5000 mile bonus for transferring 20000 points.
SPG -> AA has taken 3-5 business days during my transfers this past month.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:01 pm

Wirelessly posted (palm: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint Treo850e)

i did it a coulpe of mos. back it took 2 business days-some say that if you do it by thursday morning(or noon)it will be in by friday end of day-but totally unconfirmed-one spg manager told me she thinks it may have some truth to it but i guess ymmv...i believe it may be mentioned earlier in the thread
Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold
My points posted on Sunday night, and I transferred on a tuesday. I read on another thread the points hit sunday... but I guess it varies.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
My usual experience is they are there Monday morning...not sure if they post Sunday night or Monday but I think they need to be transferred by Friday to be there by the following Monday.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:51 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
I transferred 78k (including bonus) on 10/20, and 25k on 10/21. They both posted this morning.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:59 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by dartagnan
I transferred 78k (including bonus) on 10/20, and 25k on 10/21. They both posted this morning.
I transferred a couple of thousand points to top off my AA account for an award booking on 10/23 and they also posted this morning.

Just adding my two cents. If you ask me officially how long it can take, I will tell you up to two weeks.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Plat
Same experience as others. Requested the transfer on Friday afternoon. The points posted by Monday morning.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 9:51 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by jwurz
My points posted on Sunday night, and I transferred on a tuesday. I read on another thread the points hit sunday... but I guess it varies.

I transferred this past Tuesday...coveted res with AA will expire at midnight Sunday (today). Hoping they come in this pm...

Update: Did not hit until around 5 am. MONDAY. Although AA.com says they were picked up on Oct 27. Called and fortunately was able to rebook the reservation.

Last edited by GuyverII; Nov 2, 2009 at 2:30 pm
Old Jan 7, 2010, 1:30 pm

How long does it take for miles to post to AA airline from SPG account?

I was looking at transfering points from my SPG account to my American Airlines AAdvantage account. So I was wondering how long does it normally take for the points to transfer and do the names on both accounts have to match? thanks.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jan 7, 2010 at 2:17 pm Reason: Merged into relevant thread
Old May 3, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, DL PM
Just to add another data point, transferred SPG points to an AAdvantage account on a Tuesday (Apr 27) and they appeared the following Monday (May 3).
Old May 12, 2010, 11:32 am

how long to post SPG->AA

Hey, just wondering how long it has taken to post from SPG to AA in the past? Thanks!

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 12, 2010 at 12:53 pm Reason: Moved into relevant thread; thanks CE for link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.