Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

FAQ: How long does it take to transfer starpoints to AA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: How long does it take to transfer starpoints to AA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2006, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster and GameStop, several libraries
Thanks Sanders,

The person is actually my room mate, will this be allowed then?

Thomas
Old Oct 12, 2006, 8:05 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Yes, you need to have the same addresses to transfer. I transferred 20k to my son so he could put 25k AA in his account for an award and it only took 3 business days for the AA miles to post.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Lifetime GLD
Originally Posted by lessthanzero
Anyone know how long this takes (beyond the 2-4 weeks listed on website)?
When I did the transfer to AA back in August the points were in my AA account in about 4-5 business days. Don't remember the exact timing, but it was much faster than what I was expecting.

Last edited by Illini_Fan; Oct 12, 2006 at 9:23 am Reason: clarified business days vs calendar days
Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:21 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Thanks Sanders,

The person is actually my room mate, will this be allowed then?

Thomas
Assuming the address on the roommate's SPG account is the same as is on your SPG account, yes.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:53 pm

Does anyone recall any bonus promos when you transfer to AA? Just wondering if I should hold off as I'm in no rush.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by imverge
Does anyone recall any bonus promos when you transfer to AA? Just wondering if I should hold off as I'm in no rush.
Yes, if you transfer as many as 20,000 Starpoints at one time, we add 5,000 to the transaction to make it 25,000 airline frequent flyer miles.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Oct 13, 2006, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Yes, if you transfer as many as 20,000 Starpoints at one time, we add 5,000 to the transaction to make it 25,000 airline frequent flyer miles.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Thanks for the reply William... I was inquiring about special bonuses beyond that. I thought I had heard about it happening before and if so what was the additional % bonus?

Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:51 am

Programs: US Air Chairman's Preffered/Hertz President's Circle
Hello All!!!!

If I transfer 100K Points from American Express to my Starwood Preferred Guest account and then transfer those same 100K Points in multiples of 20K points to American Airlines does that mean that Starwood Preferred Guest would give me an extra 5K Miles foe each time I did it in multiples of 20K??? Making a total amount of mileage to American Airlines 125K Miles???

Would this also be the same on USAirways?
Old Oct 14, 2006, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Originally Posted by vmrfsps
Hello All!!!!

If I transfer 100K Points from American Express to my Starwood Preferred Guest account and then transfer those same 100K Points in multiples of 20K points to American Airlines does that mean that Starwood Preferred Guest would give me an extra 5K Miles foe each time I did it in multiples of 20K??? Making a total amount of mileage to American Airlines 125K Miles???

Would this also be the same on USAirways?
Yes(assuming 1 to 1 ratio MR to SPG). Any transfer of 20K SPG pts to AA, SPG will add an additional 5K bonus.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Lifetime GLD
IME Starwood will provide the bonus on any transfer over the 20,000. I wanted approximately 35,000 miles to complete a OW award ticket, so I transfered 30,000 SPG points to AA and figured I get a 5,000 bonus plus the original transfer. I actually received 37,500 miles which means SPG gave me the 25% bonus on all miles transfered. From reading SPG T&Cs I didn't realize that would happen.

Last edited by Illini_Fan; Oct 14, 2006 at 12:40 pm Reason: corrected typos
Old Oct 14, 2006, 3:48 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Would that I could transfer my MR points to Starwood and get a 1:1 transfer!. It's usually 1:3 altho there are occasionally 1:2 specials. So using your math, 100,000 MR points would net you 33,000 Starwood points, which would then get you about 41,000 AA points - or one-third of what you were hoping for.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 9:39 pm

Programs: US Air Chairman's Preffered/Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by stevens397
Would that I could transfer my MR points to Starwood and get a 1:1 transfer!. It's usually 1:3 altho there are occasionally 1:2 specials. So using your math, 100,000 MR points would net you 33,000 Starwood points, which would then get you about 41,000 AA points - or one-third of what you were hoping for.
I thought that with the Rewards Plus Gold Card it was a 1:1 transfer?! Who would I need to call to confirm this? I would hate to transfer 100K from Amex for only 33K SPG points.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by vmrfsps
I thought that with the Rewards Plus Gold Card it was a 1:1 transfer?! Who would I need to call to confirm this? I would hate to transfer 100K from Amex for only 33K SPG points.
Call American Express. SPG associates are not allowed to speculate any longer because of at least two variants in AMEX MR.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Oct 18, 2006, 5:59 am

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster and GameStop, several libraries
Lurker,

thanks for being so helpful to everybody here (myself included). How would I go about transferring points to my room mate? Do I just call the general number or can it be done via the website?
Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:57 am

Lurker,

thanks for being so helpful to everybody here (myself included). How would I go about transferring points to my room mate? Do I just call the general number or can it be done via the website?
You would have to call the Customer Contact Center so that the addresses could be verified as being in the same household.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.