Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by melodrama
Would like to stay at any of the following Starwood properties in Rome:

St Regis
Hotel Eden
Westin Excelsior

The best rate I could get for any of these was 250 Euros a night from May 1-5. If anyone can help me get a better rate, please PM me. Thanks!
$250 is a killer deal at any of those places. I'd book that immediately and be happy. No need to shop around any further.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mtacchi
$250 is a killer deal at any of those places. I'd book that immediately and be happy. No need to shop around any further.
N.B. USD vs. EUR
Old Mar 9, 2010, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
No, I think the rate was 250 Euros, or basically US$340. But I agree that US$250 would have been a pretty good deal.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
Will be returning to the Nines (in Portland) again in April. . .anything better then the 50% off 2nd night code ZBT.

i can get club level king room for 2 nights at $313 before tax. If anyone has something even slightly better please please let me know. Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
lol.. and they don't even realize a good rate when it slaps them in the face
Old Mar 9, 2010, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
my set code was always present whenever i logged on to the spg website....but today the code is gone....i don't even remember what it was....has this happened to anyone else????

Last edited by Keyser; Mar 9, 2010 at 1:57 pm
Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by saad
my set code was always present whenever i logged on to the spg website....but today the code is gone....i don't even remember what it was....has this happened to anyone else????
no, but if you were legitimately using the SET code it should be pretty darn easy to get: call your travel department. If you were using a SET code you weren't entitled to use, then well you get little sympathy from me.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by saad
I think that means your individual SPG number has been removed from the company's list of employees.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:00 pm

Programs: SPG +Starwood Privilege
Cool

SET gives 15% off ? FYI...

The Canadian Association for University Business Officers has partnered with Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., to offer you a 15% savings opportunity on the best available rate at the time of booking.¹ By completing the free membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG®) program, you will be enrolled at the Preferred Guest level. Your benefits will provide significant savings and increased travel flexibility at any one of Starwood's more than 890 distinctive properties in 95 countries.

SET No. can be found in the page
http://www.spgpromos.com/gpsp/spgenr...anding_id=CAUB

Well, I have tried all the SETs # under the topic, none of them work for my Chiang Mai, Thailand trip in the end of March....
Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ryan182
no, but if you were legitimately using the SET code it should be pretty darn easy to get: call your travel department. If you were using a SET code you weren't entitled to use, then well you get little sympathy from me.
it was a code for the american bar association & was legitimate....i called & got it again but that is not the point....it was strange that it just vanished....
Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by todd-r
I think that means your individual SPG number has been removed from the company's list of employees.
even if that were the case (which it isn't) then it wouldn't explain why it disappeared from my spg page....
Old Mar 10, 2010, 3:26 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by RiceBear
SET gives 15% off ? FYI...
The discount varies. I think that 10%, 15%, and 20% are typical. Here's an example of a partnership that gives 20% off and that also includes enrollment at the Corporate Preferred Level:
https://www.spgpromos.com/gpsp/spgen...anding_id=U2UP

Lots of colleges and universities have such partnerships, and alumni are often eligible, too. At least in some cases, an alumni association may have a different SET code from the university's regular SET code.

Correction to their marketing wording...
"Your benefits will might provide significant savings..."
Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:15 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I am entitled to two SET numbers: One from my company and the other from my university. Does anyone know whether and how I can try both of them to see which might give me a better rate? Can you even have two in your profile?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt D, HH Gold
I believe only one can be attached to your profile but when making the reservation online you can override the SET number as it is in the drop down along with AAA and the rest. Just try them both and see what the rates are.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: AMEX Centurion/Platinum, SPG Platinum, ICH Platinum, UA 1K, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold
Sweet... I looked to see if my company (Fortune 100) has a SET #... 20% off hotel stays while still retaining points and status!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.