Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Arabellasheraton Vitznauerhof no more a SPG hotel ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arabellasheraton Vitznauerhof no more a SPG hotel ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2005, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More FTL, Flying Blue Silver, SPG, HHonors, LHW LeadersClub
Unhappy Arabellasheraton Vitznauerhof no more a SPG hotel ?

It seemed that Arabellasheraton Vitznauerhof is not more a SPG hotel... Do someone know what happened ?

Too bad, this hotel was one of the best SPG deal in Europe...
Old Dec 18, 2005, 8:39 am
Suspended

Was not this property (badly) damaged by flooding in the Spring and was going to be closed for a while?

Yes I agree, was one of best values in Switzerland had a great stay there in 2004.

mike
Old Dec 18, 2005, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
This hotel closes every winter. Try again after April.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by stimpy
This is true, but such hotels are still usually listed on the web site. The hotels in Sardina are also closed until April and you can find them on the website.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 2:02 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I really hope this is a glitch or somebody just decided to put the hotel off the website as long as they are renovating... It surely has not been this way in October...

The Vitznauerhof is my favourite spg hotel in europe. This year we decided to have our summer vacation there - and it was cancelled a few days ahead of the date because of the flooding.

I try to contact the hotel by email and will post the reply...
Old Dec 19, 2005, 4:37 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Due to the flooding, they are still closed. While undergoing renovation, the have assessed damages in the structual statics of the building. Therefore, no time for re-opening is know yet.

I have asked during a stay in one of the ArabellaSheraton hotels in Germany about this hotel. Being well known in this hotel, front staff tried to get me the information about reopening of the Vitznauerhof, as I have planned a Matress Run in some Swiss SPG Properties. ArabellaSheraton Hotelmanagament GmbH (owner of hotel) called me back some time later. They told me, they are still not sure, if they are able to open in 2006 (and added, they are not sure, if they can open the known historic building ever again due to this damage).

So, I think we will have to wait.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Dec 19, 2005 at 4:40 am
Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Very sad news. Thanks for getting to the bottom of this. A weekend stay there last spring with upgrade to a two floor attic suite was my all-time SPG redemption value winner. Beautiful, peaceful location.

Let's hope that the foundations can be fixed.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 9:23 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Actually, March...

Originally Posted by stimpy
I stayed there in March 05, just as they opened. I'm going to run down to check on them in January, as I plan to be in Zurich and Lucerne at that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.