Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE : Le Meridien Khao Lak, Thailand (leaving Starwood 31 Oct 2014) [Master Thread]

GONE : Le Meridien Khao Lak, Thailand (leaving Starwood 31 Oct 2014) [Master Thread]

Old Aug 2, 2008, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I tried Z6R after seeing this and it isn't available for the same period. I hope there is no problem.
if you're talking about the one-bedroom oceanfront villa, well, there's only one of those. so if you have it booked via z3r you won't be able to book another via z6r for the same nights.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I would do what gleff suggested - change name on one of them if you can -- call Starwood reservations.
as long as there are 2 people traveling, there's no reason not to do this.

it's what i did on the ugx rate. made 2 back-to-back z3r reservations. said 'd'oh' no back-to-back reservations! so i called starwood, changed one to my wife's name, then we had both reservations honored. one was for the 2-bedroom villa. the other was for the royal suite, which they upgraded to the one bedroom villa. and i asked if we could just have the two-bedroom villa all 6 nights so we wouldn't have to move...
Old Aug 2, 2008, 10:00 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by gleff
as long as there are 2 people traveling, there's no reason not to do this.
Well my wife doesn't have an SPG card. But I guess I could get her one, use this and hope my PLT status is getting honored, and then combine later.

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
The T&C clearly state "Consecutive reservations for this offer will not be honored." I doubt that the reservation system is smart enough to enforce this, but the hotel might. I would do what gleff suggested - change name on one of them if you can -- call Starwood reservations. You could be in for an unpleasant surprise if they don't honor.

You may have taken the last room available on those dates for the buy/get free rates.
First, thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize this when I booked it. I got to it from the 2+1 link on the property-specific offers.

Wouldn't it say something in the Details when I look in the reservation? I can't cancel as they are prepaid. I don't see anything about it in there.

(The gray text is struck out)

Terms & Details
Total Room Rate THB 12,000.00 THB 8,000.00
Taxes Vat of 7.70% Per Room / Per Night is not included in the rate.
Service Charge of 10.00% Per Room / Per Night is not included in the rate.
Provincial Tax of 0.50% Per Room / Per Night is not included in the rate.
Total Room Rate THB 12,000.00 THB 8,000.00
Taxes Vat of 7.70% Per Room / Per Night is not included in the rate.
Service Charge of 10.00% Per Room / Per Night is not included in the rate.
Provincial Tax of 0.50% Per Room / Per Night is not included in the rate.
Additional charges
Extra rollaway: 0.00
Child rollaway: 1,575.00
Crib: 0.00
Please note that in addition to the room rate, certain Preferred Guest properties may impose additional charges for requested services. Please contact the property directly for specific information regarding any additional charges.
Rate Plan Description

Promotion Rate, Full Pre-Apyment Required, Non Refund
Room description 40 Sqm Thai Style Rooms Featuring Wood Floors, Oversize Bath Rooms, And Unique Arts And Crafts
Room amenities Deluxe Pool View Non Smoking, Priv Balcony/patio W/tbl&chrs, Separate Shower/bath, High-speed Internet For A Fee, Contemporary Thai Style Decor
Stay requirements 1 Day(s) Minimum
31 Day(s) Maximum
GTD/Deposit policy 100 Percent Deposit Charged On August 02, 2008. For reservations guaranteed with a form of payment at time of booking, rooms are held until hotel check-out time the day following arrival. For reservations not guaranteed with a form of payment at time of booking, rooms are held until set cancellation time per the rules of the reservation. In the event more guests arrive than can be accommodated due to hotel overbooking or an unforeseen circumstance, and hotel is unable to hold rooms consistent with this room hold policy, hotel will attempt to accommodate guests, at its expense, at a comparable hotel in the area for the oversold night(s), and will pay for transportation to that hotel.
Cancellation Policy Non-Refundable Deposit- Too Late To Cancel 100 Percent Penalty Is Applied

Last edited by yosithezet; Aug 2, 2008 at 10:05 am Reason: Edited to address gleff's comment since I didn't want to add another post and go beyond my 2000th post. :)
Old Aug 2, 2008, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

given the poor disclousre you probably have a decent case
and it might not be enforced anyway
but as long as 2ppl are traveling, why not just call spg and change the name on the second reservation? (ok, there are downsides, but if they're two ppl at the same residential address the points can be combined later. and if you're booking the oceanfront villa there's really not that much left for status to get you other than the plat amenity)
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, UA 1K, SQ PPS
If I stay for 3 and pay for 2, will I:
- get credit for 2 nights stay?
- be eligible for the Sept 500points/night promo?
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:31 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Your stay credits will post as 3 nights.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by gleff
That really is a sweet deal on the one-bedroom villa.

Technically IIRC you can't reserve back-to-back Z3Rs. But I guess if you were traveling with someone you could make one reservation in your name, one in theirs, back-to-back. (That's what I did on the UGX Z3R promo.)
Still on the road and this property deserves a glowing report which will come later. Just wanted to update that the back-to-back Z3Rs were honored without even a comment. Perhaps this is due in part to the 40% occupancy rate.

It posted as 1 stay and 3 nights rather than 2 and 6 which is fine with me. I expected only 1 stay to post and have enough stays/nights for Plat for 2009 anyway.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 2:55 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by pathfinder05
If I stay for 3 and pay for 2, will I:
- be eligible for the Sept 500points/night promo?
Hi pathfinder05,

As long as the rate you are paying for is an eligible rate, it will qualify for the promo.

[email protected]
Old Aug 30, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite; SPG Platinum
Platinum upgrade prospects

I am planning at stay at the LM Khao Lak either during Christmas (approximately December 23-29) or right before Christmas (approximately December 17-23). I will pick whichever period maximizes my chances of a Platinum upgrade.

During Christmas, the only upgraded room showing as available is a Pool Villa. During the pre-Christmas period, the only upgraded room showing as available is a Lagoon View Villa. Is there any prospect of me getting a Platinum upgrade to the either of these Villas?
Old Aug 30, 2008, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Six night stay around Christmas...

Magic Upgrade Eight Ball says: not likely.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by countmookle
I am planning at stay at the LM Khao Lak either during Christmas (approximately December 23-29) or right before Christmas (approximately December 17-23). I will pick whichever period maximizes my chances of a Platinum upgrade.

During Christmas, the only upgraded room showing as available is a Pool Villa. During the pre-Christmas period, the only upgraded room showing as available is a Lagoon View Villa. Is there any prospect of me getting a Platinum upgrade to the either of these Villas?
I wouldn't count on it at all.

I stayed for 9 nights checking in Christmas day on points,upgraded to a suite room for 2nights then either had to move or was offered to pay $115++ for pool villa,ocean villa $175++.

Mind you this was during new years at peak season.
I thought all considered very reasonble.

YMMV
Old Aug 30, 2008, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lovtofly3
I thought all considered very reasonble.
$175 buy-up to an ocean villa? I hope you took it! ^
Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:35 pm

While I was there the upgrade to Ocean Villa was 16K points/night.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
When I was there early this year, the hotel GM actually recommended NOT to stay there during Christmas and early January as the place is packed and they struggle to deliver their usual service level, as they have a lot of temp staff working in this time. Forget about any upgrades as they will be sold out !
Old Aug 31, 2008, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
While I was there the upgrade to Ocean Villa was 16K points/night.
Well, I'd rather pay the cash, but the ability to access an ocean villa with cash or points is a real treat!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.