Search

Web site problems - problem Identified

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2005, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman, SPG PLAT, National Elite Exec
Web site problems - problem Identified

Starwood lurker and others.

I have been having problems getting to any of the starwood websites when at my office or connected to my corporate VPN (same IP address group). I was able to isolate the problem to my corporate network based on success connecting from home when not logged into my VPN and failure from the same computer seconds later when re-connected to my corporate VPN. The only difference being the IP address my computer sends to the Starwood web server requesting data.

I logged problem with my IT department and was told this morning that it appears starwood's ISP is the source of the problem blocking access from my company's IP address. My IT department is going to pursue it directly with starwood. I would note, my company is no fly by night operation. we run the largest electricity commodity market in the world with more than $20 billion per year moving through our markets. http://www.pjm.com

Since others are apparently having similar problems (see link below), I thought this was worthy of mentioning here to see if it can be escalated more quickly to investigate if it is more wide spread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...10#post4890910

Below is the actual response I got from my IT department.

Thanks,
Jeff

-----Original Message-----
To: Bladen, Jeffrey M.
Sent: Mon Nov 21 07:39:36 2005
Subject: Starwood Hotels

Dear Jeff,

A week ago you opened a ticket about trouble reaching the Starwood Hotels
website from PJM's network. Upon research the issue is that the ISP for
Starwood's webhost seems to be filtering the route to PJM. There isn't anything PJM can do directly to resolve the issue. I will attempt to contact Starwood to see if they can escalate but there is no guarantees with this approach.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 12:14 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Happy to pass it along.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Nov 21, 2005, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response!

Jeff
Old Nov 22, 2005, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

As of today, the problem accessing starwood websites has resolved. Not sure who is responsible for fixing it, but thanks William for forwarding it on. It had been a problem for 2 months and it was fixed 1 day after posting here.

Thanks again.
Jeff
Old Nov 22, 2005, 12:49 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by BLADE
As of today, the problem accessing starwood websites has resolved. Not sure who is responsible for fixing it, but thanks William for forwarding it on. It had been a problem for 2 months and it was fixed 1 day after posting here.

Thanks again.
Jeff
Yes. The web gurus deserve a pat on the back for pushing this through so quickly. ^

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.