Four Points Lubbock, TX

Old Nov 6, 05, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Thumbs down Four Points Lubbock, TX

My family took a road trip across country last week. One of our stops was the Lubbock Four Points, and other stops included Grand Hyatts, Hyatt Regencies, and Best Westerns (motels, basically). Summary and comparison as follows, although I realize that the competition isn't quite fair among these hotel types.

Facility/Rooms - Just above motel quality, and that is because the rooms do not open directly onto the parking lot. Otherwise, dated, not particularly clean and inconveniently configured rooms. Not inviting enough to make us want to explore anything other than the rooms and the check-out desk.

Rooms Service - Didn't use it, but the Cajun seafood place across the street was cheap and tasty.

Service/Attitude - Not acceptable. When I called to confirm my rooms the day before, the hotel told me they were sold and and I did not have a reservation. I called SPG, and they returned my call in ten minutes with a confirmation. When I arrived, my rooms were ready, but no crib. Hotel refused to provide a crib, so I asked for a roll-away bed. Called three times before it was delivered. When checking out, several employees ignored my request for assistance before finally ending their conversation and taking the two minutes to process my bill.

Connectivity - Free cable modem, reasonable speed.

Price - Cheap. Internet rate without any bargain-hunting was $75 or so.

Summary - Had I known what to expect, I would have looked harder for a Marriott property of some denomination, as they at least have never shown this sort of wear or attitude. We did see a Hilton as we left town, so maybe that was a different option. All in all a disappointment, as SPG has usually provided fairly consistent products in my experience.
Old Nov 7, 05, 5:57 am

Programs: UA 1P; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Thank you for this trip report. I am actually scheduled to stay here over next month. Will look into other options now. Once again, thank you for the trip report.
Old Nov 7, 05, 9:24 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
One of the worst Starwood properties

I'll have to agree with Wilbur. This is probably the worst Starwood properties that I've stayed in. (However, I don't often end up in FP's.) This is even despite a makeover within the past few years. I'll add to his review that the restaurant was awful. Had breakfast there one morning and could not finish what I was trying to eat.

Lubbock has few good hotel options, though. The price of this FP is low. Better properties include Courtyard and Residence Inn -- usually for about $25 - $50 more. There's a Holiday Inn almost right next door, but I find it smokey in their lobby. There's also a relatively new Comfort Suites on the south side of the loop. I think that some other new hotels have been built during the past couple years.
Old Nov 7, 05, 1:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Plt, Hilton Gold, AA Plt, Hyatt Plt
by themselves four points and lubbock both are adventures in hell. taken together, it is a special level of hell.
Old Nov 7, 05, 2:21 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by zaccaggie
by themselves four points and lubbock both are adventures in hell. taken together, it is a special level of hell.
Yes, but if you do get stuck there, I recommend Stella's for dinner. Another good place was Lujan's Mexican restaurant, I think.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: