Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
Hotel email: [email protected]

Latest Email: [email protected]

As of April 2024:
Resort fee inclusions / hotel details: https://ipoolside-media.s3.amazonaws...tivities_2.pdf

Elite Breakfast offering: https://www.kaimarketwaikiki.com/our-menus (look for the elite benefits)

Parking: Self-Parking $55.00 per night / Valet $65.00 per night

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
If you have a chance to meet with any long term employees that you know, maybe you can get the inside skinny on what is going on there, where the directives are coming from and how bad it's going to get.
+1 to this - interested in your take on the current situation at the SW. I'm Plat and have been going to the SW once or twice a year for...a pretty long time. Have always enjoyed great service and a relatively frequent suite upgrade. If any or most of that seems to be changing...that will be good to know. About to book another Hawaii trip in the coming week.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:10 pm

Is it normal at this hotel that bedding type is only considered a request and not guaranteed? I booked two double beds and they switched me to a king bed without letting me know.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gabeee
Is it normal at this hotel that bedding type is only considered a request and not guaranteed? I booked two double beds and they switched me to a king bed without letting me know.
Not just this hotel, all Starwood hotels and resorts.
FAQ: Starwood policy: guarantee bedding and smoking preference on paid/award stays
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I have been advised by one of my contacts at Sheraton Waikiki that they will begin extensive renovations in Nov 2018 which will take about 2 years to complete. Work will be done from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday. Exact start date has not been confirmed, so no official announcement on website yet.

Guests who are booking are being advised of the renovations.

Last edited by margarita girl; Apr 27, 2018 at 1:48 pm Reason: Udated renos to start in Nov instead of Sept
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I have been advised by one of my contacts at Sheraton Waikiki that they will begin extensive renovations in Nov 2018 which will take about 2 years to complete. Work will be done from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday. Exact start date has not been confirmed, so no official announcement on website yet.

That will set off a firestorm !!!!!! Happy I am at the Westin next door over the Holidays
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:05 pm

Thanks for the interesting update.

How did you find the service and overall feeling on your last trip? Any noticeable changes with the managerial turnover?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by zs58
Thanks for the interesting update.

How did you find the service and overall feeling on your last trip? Any noticeable changes with the managerial turnover?
I had a great trip. My guardian angel was taking care of me. That's all I can say.

Kelly Sanders is now the mgr at the Alohilani.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I had a great trip. My guardian angel was taking care of me. That's all I can say.

Kelly Sanders is now the mgr at the Alohilani.
Very interesting, Marriwood's loss is Alohilani's gain.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Any recent PLT experiences? I've been coming here last few years and really enjoyed the waived resort fee + free valet parking. With those benefits gone, is it really worth staying here as a PLT? Maybe something will change after the merger for PP?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by araknis
Any recent PLT experiences? I've been coming here last few years and really enjoyed the waived resort fee + free valet parking. With those benefits gone, is it really worth staying here as a PLT? Maybe something will change after the merger for PP?
+1 on this. I have a Hawaii trip in November and I’m wondering if they still waive parking charges for plat.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by araknis
Based on the mass exodus of senior leadership from the hotel, perhaps based on instructions to dial-up the pain for Platinum guests, my guess would be to expect pretty much nothing and be pleasantly surprised if you get a benefit, or better yet, there are nicer places in the area you can stay.

Honestly, now that I'm Lifetime Platinum and with the usefulness of Suite Night Awards pretty much going the way of the dodo, thus negating any need to hit 50 nights, I am spending more and more time looking at upscale AirBNB units in the cities I am visiting for more than just 1-2 nights. If you'll be here for 5+ nights, I would probably suggest going that route unless there is a pressing need to be at a hotel.

Not sure what your rate is at the Sheraton, but assuming it's around 300/night, that would be a very nice AirBNB unit in Waikiki in an upscale building.
itsaboutthejourney and vg247 like this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Based on the mass exodus of senior leadership from the hotel, perhaps based on instructions to dial-up the pain for Platinum guests, my guess would be to expect pretty much nothing and be pleasantly surprised if you get a benefit, or better yet, there are nicer places in the area you can stay.

Honestly, now that I'm Lifetime Platinum and with the usefulness of Suite Night Awards pretty much going the way of the dodo, thus negating any need to hit 50 nights, I am spending more and more time looking at upscale AirBNB units in the cities I am visiting for more than just 1-2 nights. If you'll be here for 5+ nights, I would probably suggest going that route unless there is a pressing need to be at a hotel.

Not sure what your rate is at the Sheraton, but assuming it's around 300/night, that would be a very nice AirBNB unit in Waikiki in an upscale building.
Exactly. If Marriott is going to foolishly take away the perks formerly given at the wonderful Sheraton Waiiki, its an incentive to look at better options. Then again the original MR folks to stay at the boring Waikiki Marriott will think the Sheraton Waikiki is amazing and put up with fees, no reserved pool chairs, a kid-clogged lounge and 1/3 of the MAGC points.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: Marriott AmBE ; AA EXP; Amtrak Select Executive; Hertz PC
i just booked 2 nights here and tried to put in for SNA but it when I try to put it in it gives me an error that it is not available for this property. anybody else has similar issues? might just call my ambassador
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: Marriott AmBE ; AA EXP; Amtrak Select Executive; Hertz PC
i have a 2 day stay from this sunday to tuesday. anybody there right now that's experiencing the strike? I am about to cancel my reservation. sucks because i have no other options as ALL marriott properties are on strike.. wish SPG was still by itself...........................................
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by dunno282
i ,,,,,,,,,,, am about to cancel my reservation. sucks because i have no other options as ALL marriott properties are on strike.. wish SPG was still by itself...........................................
WOW..appropriate Flyertalk handle you've got. You got some bad info! ALL are NOT on strike. And only the former SPG ones ARE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.