Best Starwood swimming pool?

Old Sep 20, 05, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, United 100k, HGVC, Hyatt VC
Best Starwood swimming pool?

Hi,

I am looking to take the kids on a vacation and wanted to get your thoughts on which Starwood hotel has THE Best Pool. I know the West Maui is nice, as is the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dewey
Old Sep 20, 05, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by DeweyWhopper
Hi,

I am looking to take the kids on a vacation and wanted to get your thoughts on which Starwood hotel has THE Best Pool. I know the West Maui is nice, as is the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dewey
I'm sure alot of people have been to more properties than I have and would probably have better suggestions but I like Our Lucaya in the Bahamas, the Sheraton Bal Harbour near Miami and also the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood, FL.
Old Sep 20, 05, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
I'm sure alot of people have been to more properties than I have and would probably have better suggestions but I like Our Lucaya in the Bahamas, the Sheraton Bal Harbour near Miami and also the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood, FL.
the Infinity pool at Princeville is fairly reknowned.
Old Sep 21, 05, 3:00 am

Programs: AP Elite, *Wood Plat
How old are your kids?

A number of the Starwood timeshare properties have good pools with slides, etc.: Vistana Villages, Missions Hills, etc. But my kids get bored pretty quickly with the slide so there has to be other stimulating kid activities. One great place that comes to mind is the Westin Whistler. There you have access to mountains trails, bicycle trails, horseback riding, wall/mountain climbing, canoeing, indoor and outdoor swimming, etc.
Old Sep 21, 05, 3:15 am

Great pool at Sheraton Nusa Dua Bali.
Old Sep 21, 05, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Plenty of properties with nice pools, I think we need to know a little more about what you're looking for besides pools.

I like the pools at the Diplomat (two pools, one on top of the other, you can see down the middle of the top pool into the bottom pool, plus a waterfall) and for that matter even the Westin PVR.

What else do you want for the family? Are there geographic limitations to where you'll fly?
Old Sep 21, 05, 5:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jchand
Great pool at Sheraton Nusa Dua Bali.
Yes, I second the Sheraton Laguna Nusa Dua ^

You have forgotten the letter s on the word pools
I lost count how many pools they have at the resort.

Last edited by mario33; Sep 21, 05 at 5:28 am
Old Sep 21, 05, 6:00 am

Programs: DL DM MM, SPG Plat
Westin Innisbrook

My kids, 3 and 2 and the time, loved the Loch Ness pool at Westin Innisbrook, outside Tampa. There is a fake beach, and the pool gently slopes down from it so kids can walk or swim in the water. Also has a waterfall to get under, and a serious waterslide.

(also has some of the best *wood golfing opportunities... I believe it's the only North American property to have a PGA event).

While the property has its drawbacks (isolated location off an eight lane highway), the pool stands out.
Old Sep 21, 05, 6:31 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...highlight=pool
Old Sep 21, 05, 9:19 am
Suspended

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

the hotel des baines in venice, italy has a spectacular pool as well as a very nice kiddie pool.
Old Sep 21, 05, 12:30 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, AA Plat, HH Gold
I really thought the St. Regis in Beijing had a wonderful pool. Not sure if you want to drag your kids there though.

The Shearton Grande Sukhumvit in Bangkok also has an enchanting pool.
Old Sep 21, 05, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT
I thoght the Sheraton Bal Harbour was great as well. too bad they are tearing down the property
Old Sep 22, 05, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Siocnarf
One great place that comes to mind is the Westin Whistler.
While it's a nice place and probably a great place to take the kids, that one definitely does NOT have THE best pool of any Starwood.......
Old Sep 24, 05, 1:17 am

Programs: *wood Plat, FB Plat
Thumbs up

The Sheraton Laguna Grande in Phuket has one of the biggest pool in Asia. It is truly amazing.
Old Sep 24, 05, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by daddcap
I thoght the Sheraton Bal Harbour was great as well. too bad they are tearing down the property
Agreed...great pool. I would hope they are keeping the pool area when they change to St. Regis, but who knows.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: