Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Pentagon South--no longer!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2005, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Sheraton Pentagon South--no longer!

I was driving to work on 395 today into DC and noticed that there was a man on a crane who appeared to be taking down the "Sheraton" sign at the top of the Sheraton Pentagon South by Seminary Road in Alexandria VA.

I've never stayed there as I live in the area, but I could never get over how bad this place looked--location was not good, and the building physcially didn't appear to be very nice. I thought it was a very odd property for an upscale chain.

In any case, out of curiosity I looked it up tonight, and this is on the starwood website:

The Sheraton Pentagon South Alexandria will be leaving the Starwood system on August 22, 2005. Please contact the hotel directly for reservations after August 22, 2005.

I'm not sure if its being rebranded or what...

Interesting!
Old Aug 24, 2005, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA gold, UA Premier, HH Gold, *wood gold, PC gold
It's actually not too bad... stayed there when I was in town for the mileage run seminar.

Although, housekeeping forgot to make up my room after the 2nd night.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Well, it was a category 2 in the DC area which was a good thing, but location wasn't too great for most purposes.

Never understood the name "Sheraton Pentagon South" since it's not the closest Sheraton to the Pentagon.. the Sheraton National is.

But then the Sheraton National isn't the closest Sheraton to National Airport, either -- the Sheraton Crystal City is!

Drove past the hotel about 10 days ago, didn't realize it was leaving the Sheraton brand.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 5:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
It was a former Ramada Inn before it was a Sheraton. That should tell you everything you need to know about the place. It will be interesting to see what goes in there next.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 6:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Priority Club Ambassador
Good move on the part of Sheraton. This property provided the worst hotel stay I've ever had. Stayed away from Starwood for a while after that hotel stay.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
This morning, it had a sign on it that said "Alexandria Hotel" for all you fans out there...so you can call them directly!

I always figured that Sheraton National wasn't referring to National Airport, but rather just being in the National Capitol area (with a nice view, though a lousy area). But they really should rename that Sheraton-Pentagon now.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 8:02 am

Programs: *Wood Plat.; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
No Great Loss

As a per diem traveler, sometimes this was the only Starwood property in the area that I could get within per diem. And after my first stay there, I understood why. (I only stayed there twice....I was desperate...."they" made me do it......I was being punished......honest!)
Old Aug 25, 2005, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA gold, UA Premier, HH Gold, *wood gold, PC gold
Wow, after all these negative posts I'm thinking maybe I just have much lower standards!

At least I won't be disappointed much....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.