Sheraton and Starbucks in Exec. Lounge

Old Aug 20, 05, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Unhappy Sheraton and Starbucks in Exec. Lounge

After a recent stay in the Providence Sheraton Airport, and a couple of other Sheraton properties I noticed that they have stopped offering Starbucks coffee in the Executive Lounges and have replaced with Maxwell House.

Rather disappointed since I don't really care for Maxwell House.
Old Aug 20, 05, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Charbucks is way over rated. I like Peet's better. Though it is better than Maxwell House, bad to the last drop.
Old Aug 20, 05, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by [email protected]
After a recent stay in the Providence Sheraton Airport, and a couple of other Sheraton properties I noticed that they have stopped offering Starbucks coffee in the Executive Lounges and have replaced with Maxwell House.
Wow, that Sheraton did something right!
If they could take the same approach to the food...
Old Aug 21, 05, 8:11 am

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Okay, there will always be a variety of opinion on this one, but if you ask 100 Sheraton guests at random what their preference for coffee in the lounge would be (Maxwell House or Starbucks)......can't we ALL agree that 92 of them (or more!!) would state a preference for Starbucks?!?

At the very least, the same 92 would state a preference for anything other than Maxwell House!

Sheraton's apparent choice to have Maxwell House coffee in most of the rooms I've been in this year does not make me happy at all. I find it simply undrinkable.

In an related comment, I am also noticing that Westin continues to distance itself further and further from Starbucks (who used to make a Westin Blend, for heaven's sake!). In my experience, only half or so Westins still have Starbucks in the rooms ......
Old Aug 21, 05, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
I find that drinking mostly a Starbucks "type" coffee (the other brands not my Dad's bought in grocery store brand - Maxwell House, etc) is a shock to the taste buds when Maxwell House is on offer.
Old Aug 21, 05, 9:21 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, United Premier Executive
Maybe there's not Starbucks in the Westin rooms because there is invariably Starbucks in the lobby.
Old Aug 21, 05, 9:47 am

Programs: SPG Platinum / PC Gold
I'm sitting in my room at the W Silicon Valley and I just wonder...

Don't you have anything better than to complain about coffee?

I though this board was about sharing information in a usefull manner and sometime quite humourously. If points or miles are not showing up, or if benefits are not offered, then it's worth a complaint here and see how others have managed to get it and share the results with others. But coffee?? Do you want to start a boycott of SPG properties?

Sorry for the rant, but it feels good to get it off my chest!
Old Aug 21, 05, 9:58 am

Do people actually drink the in-room coffee? Who knows when the last time that coffee maker was cleaned if ever

I always take the coffee, tea along with toiletries after all my stays and when I have a good amount I drop it off at a shelter.

Good Karma :-:
Old Aug 21, 05, 10:37 am
In Memoriam

I just spent five nights at the Sheraton Seattle (SeaDoo VII-Yeah!) in the tower and was pleasantly surprised by the coffee situation there. Each day we got not one, but two, packets of regular Starbucks plus one decaf.

We DO drink in-room coffee after cleaning the pot and cups and running just water through the maker a couple of times. I always bought the same individual filter packs of Starbucks at the Starbucks outlets for my travels to replace those other hotel nasty coffee packets until they recently discontinued carrying them. I also like Peets coffee as well as Tully's and a couple of others, but I'll settle for Starbucks as at least it's a coffee I can taste. Whether I like Starbucks or not, I'm happy Starwood is classy enough to pay a bit more for better quality coffee than Marriott or Hilton.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: