Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

500 Series promo's - anyone get one in the past week?

Old Aug 20, 05, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1P MM, Mar Gld, SPG Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold

There are a number of threads on these 500 series promo's as individual threads, i.e., double stays, double points, free weekend stays, etc. William stated in one of the threads that the rollout process, like the 400 series promo earlier this year, will take time. Moreover, he said it is possible that some will get the promo in the mid to later stages of the rollout.

I started this thread to see if any FTers are getting the offer in the mid to later stages?

For me no 500 series yet.
Old Aug 20, 05, 5:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
I am a plat and still come up empty so far.....
Old Aug 20, 05, 7:45 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
me too.
Old Aug 20, 05, 7:49 pm

Location: DFW - AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plt Royal Amb., Avis PS, FT Premium!!
I have the double stay credit, but rec. it on 8/4...
Old Aug 20, 05, 8:11 pm

I wish...

I WOULD STAY AT SPG PROPERTIES MORE OFTEN IF I WAS TARGETED FOR A DOUBLE POINTS PROMO!!!

Hint hint...if anyone at SPG sees this...
Old Aug 20, 05, 10:54 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
I haven't received any promo since last summer.
Old Aug 20, 05, 11:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Nothing in this last round as a Plat.
Old Aug 20, 05, 11:28 pm

Programs: *wood Gold
Originally Posted by Scott218
I haven't received any promo since last summer.

Sigh. Me either.
Old Aug 20, 05, 11:31 pm

Programs: United 1k SPG Platinum
Nothing either. Starwood just doesn't want to make their loyal guest that happy . I haven't received a promotion for anything for a long time now but everytime someone receives an promo that I would like I would then try it to find out that i don't qualify for it. Do I need to take my loyality somewhere else in order to start receiving promos once again?
Old Aug 21, 05, 2:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
I WOULD STAY AT SPG PROPERTIES MORE OFTEN IF I WAS TARGETED FOR A DOUBLE POINTS PROMO!!!

don't hold your breath.

platinum here. got the double stay offer....even though i have already qualifed for platinum in 2006.

moved eight nights in early september to hyatt.
Old Aug 21, 05, 8:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
None for me!

Nothing for me either. I was on the phone with Platinum services and asked why I never received offers. The very nice gentleman checked my acct. and stated that even though that I was signed up to receive email offers from them it appeared they were targeting gold members to qualify them for Platinum status. I guess it pays to be gold. Needless to say, I won't qualify for Platinum after this year, only gold so I'll see what offers I get next year. But I'm not holding my breath. Sad, but I took my business to Hilton where I get some offers. Better than nothing from Starwood. Only did 10 Starwood stays this year to just make gold and see what happens. Probably won't get anything because they'll start targeting Platinum. That's my luck!
Old Aug 21, 05, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1P MM, Mar Gld, SPG Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Tmpy
Nothing for me either. I was on the phone with Platinum services and asked why I never received offers. The very nice gentleman checked my acct. and stated that even though that I was signed up to receive email offers from them it appeared they were targeting gold members to qualify them for Platinum status. I guess it pays to be gold. Needless to say, I won't qualify for Platinum after this year, only gold so I'll see what offers I get next year. But I'm not holding my breath. Sad, but I took my business to Hilton where I get some offers. Better than nothing from Starwood. Only did 10 Starwood stays this year to just make gold and see what happens. Probably won't get anything because they'll start targeting Platinum. That's my luck!
Some good points you make about Hilton. They have added a "my way" promo for Diamonds (equiv. to Plat) where you get to choose an amenity upon check in. It is almost exactly the same as the Stawood Plat amenity. If you take the amenity points and add all the Diamond bonus stuff you can earn a category 4 free night after four two night stays.

I received two promos from Hilton this year. At Starwood I had to call up several times until I got someone to give me a "me too" 400 series. The last promo Starwood sent me was a year ago. I like Starwood the best, but will probably stay only enough to make Plat again due to lack of incentive.

Last edited by MIKEM; Aug 21, 05 at 12:00 pm
Old Aug 21, 05, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 1P; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Nothing here. Didn't get anything for the 400 series as well (until I called)
Old Aug 21, 05, 6:48 pm
ewj

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG PLAT, NWA Plat
Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh

Could you prove that?
Old Aug 21, 05, 6:50 pm
ewj

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG PLAT, NWA Plat
Originally Posted by Tmpy
The very nice gentleman checked my acct. and stated that even though that I was signed up to receive email offers from them it appeared they were targeting gold members to qualify them for Platinum status. I guess it pays to be gold. N Sad, but I took my business to Hilton where I get some offers. Better than nothing from Starwood. Only did 10 Starwood stays this year to just make gold and see what happens. Probably won't get anything because they'll start targeting Platinum. That's my luck!

My spouse is Gold 12 stays to date and they got nothing.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: