Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood @ ski resorts?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2006, 5:29 am

Westin Whistler is a nice hotel in a great location. My only complaints are the unpredictable weather and crowds ar Whistler. Unlike Vail, it's not that easy to hide from the crowds at Whistler. It's also very probable that it may be snowing at the summit, but raining in the village. This limits you to the top of the mountains.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA - LFT GLD 1MM, UA - 2P, SPG - LFT Plat, Hyatt - Plat, HH - Gold, Avis - CHM
Originally Posted by SFO_Runner
FYI, the sale of Mammoth Mountain (California) to Starwood Capital was finalized this past summer:

http://www.twsbiz.com/twbiz/features...216683,00.html

Mammoth is big with the LA crowd. It won't be long before we see a W Hotel and related celebrity DUI arrests.
heh MAMMOTH W
i can only hope that they would put up a w sign worthy of the name, larger than the w dallas sign
Old Nov 2, 2006, 2:41 pm

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Sheraton Mountain Vista

Can anyone give me further information with regard to upgrades as Platinum, Free Breakfasts or Lounge availabilty?

Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2006, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Trappy
Can anyone give me further information with regard to upgrades as Platinum, Free Breakfasts or Lounge availabilty?

Thanks
Mountain Vista is a SVO property. They are not part of the SPG program. No upgrades, no breakfast and there is no lounge at that property.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 6:40 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by TerryK
Mountain Vista is a SVO property. They are not part of the SPG program. No upgrades, no breakfast and there is no lounge at that property.
Actually, they have limited participation in the SPG program.

They are one of the properties that fit into this description from the SPG T&Cs:
"At the following properties, Members will earn 1,000 Starpoints per stay on RACK, COR, BAR1 and AAA rate plans only. No in-hotel benefits, such as upgrades and late check-out, are available to Gold or Platinum Members. Free Night Awards and other hotel Awards cannot be redeemed at these properties, except for the 50% Discount Award which requires a three night minimum length of stay. Stays at these properties will not count as an Eligible Stay or Eligible Night towards elite levels of Membership or for threshold bonuses and promotions."
Old Nov 3, 2006, 6:59 am

Programs: All the regulars for an American. Retired now so peon on all of them
Saying they have limited participation is generous.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 9:56 pm

Westin at Snowmass Village -- Spring 2008

I received a survey from a marketing company representing Snowmass today. It turned out to be assessing interest in the Westin at Snowmass Village. Here's a recent news article.

This is to be a condo hotel but isn't forecast to open until Spring 2009. Here's the description from the survey:
The Westin at Snowmass Village:

Family Friendly Features
— Family swimming pool
— Ski in, Ski out adjacent to Assay Hill lift
— Ski concierge and ski lockers, on site ski school and rental facilities

Building Details
— A generous open lobby with two story see through fireplace
— Conference facilities, flexibly organized
— Two hot tubs
— 157 condo lodge units
— Skier outdoor warming fire pit
— Owner storage lockers and bike storage
— Fire pit at skier entrance with boulders for seating
— Indoor parking, reserved for owners and guests only
— Exterior: "mountain modern" featuring stone, glass and steel
— Contemporary kitchens with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances
— Interiors that feature strong, clean horizontal lines natural materials, and tailored fabrics and furnishings

Westin Branded Features
— Westin Heavenly Bed
— Westin Heavenly Bath
— Westin Service Express
— Westin Sensory Welcome Experience
— Westin Workout powered by Reebok
— Westin Kids Club
I added this Westin to my list of North American ski properties earlier in this thread.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 9:57 pm

Added Westin Riverfront at Beaver Creek to the list of upcoming properties

Today's press release about the Westin Riverfront at Beaver Creek, CO, that is forecast to open in 2008.

I added this property to my list of North American ski-related properties in Post #14.

Thought I'd bump up the thread since it doesn't always come up in a search.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:22 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by sc flier
Today's press release about the Westin Riverfront at Beaver Creek, CO, that is forecast to open in 2008.

I added this property to my list of North American ski-related properties in Post #14.

Thought I'd bump up the thread since it doesn't always come up in a search.
Woohoo! Great news! I like Beaver Creek, and it's close enough to Vail to stay at the BC Westin and ski at Vail, too.

The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa is anticipated to open in time for the 2008 ski season,
Does "in time for the 2008 ski season" mean by November 2007 or November 2008?
Old Jan 6, 2007, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
Woohoo! Great news! I like Beaver Creek, and it's close enough to Vail to stay at the BC Westin and ski at Vail, too.

Does "in time for the 2008 ski season" mean by November 2007 or November 2008?

Beware this is not in BC but in Avon (base of BC mt). The riverfront gondola will connect to BC mountain.

There was a lunch @ LArkspurs (vail) with over 50ppl i was told by a mate of mine which he went in mid Dec, and sales are little less than expected. (approx 40 currently under contract but not sold, they expected at least half of phase 1, aprox 100 out of 210). In any event i will go check this out even though currently there is only heavily construction to see. They are promising summer 2008 completion. That will depend on how phase 1 will shake out. Interesting concept but there are various other projects in the works in TRUE ski in-ski out areas which do not recquire any other access other than your ski's.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
i can say that the westin in whistler is great... they even gave everyone in our room westin whistler rubber duckies
Old Jan 8, 2007, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA - LFT GLD 1MM, UA - 2P, SPG - LFT Plat, Hyatt - Plat, HH - Gold, Avis - CHM
Originally Posted by brarrr
i can say that the westin in whistler is great... they even gave everyone in our room westin whistler rubber duckies
rubber duckie, youre the one.....
Old Jan 8, 2007, 4:01 pm

Programs: spg gold
Originally Posted by psyflyer
Beware this is not in BC but in Avon (base of BC mt). The riverfront gondola will connect to BC mountain.

There was a lunch @ LArkspurs (vail) with over 50ppl i was told by a mate of mine which he went in mid Dec, and sales are little less than expected. (approx 40 currently under contract but not sold, they expected at least half of phase 1, aprox 100 out of 210). In any event i will go check this out even though currently there is only heavily construction to see. They are promising summer 2008 completion. That will depend on how phase 1 will shake out. Interesting concept but there are various other projects in the works in TRUE ski in-ski out areas which do not recquire any other access other than your ski's.

I stayed at the SMV over the holidays and saw the end location where the gondola will take you. It is NOT going to take you to the bottom of chair 6 (Centennial). Instead, it is only going to take you to the bottom of chair 15, which is where the day-parkers get dropped off. There, you will buy your lift ticket, and in order to get to the popular areas (Park Hyatt, Centennial, etc.), you would have to then take CHAIR 15 and ANOTHER CHAIRLIFT and then do some skiing. In comparison, the free Avon Shuttle Bus will get you to the main skiier/bus drop off in 10 minutes, and then a one-minute walk to Chair 6. This is much warmer, and just a little more crowded. So, in my initial opinion, this gondola is probably not all it is cracked up to be.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 7:37 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by sc flier
(Opening Sept 2007: Westin Monache, Mammoth Mountain, California. Cat4? condo hotel)
There's talk locally of *wood opening a "Hotel One" (not sure what this is), some sort of "green" constructed, high-end, luxury amenities (spa) hotel being constructed two blocks from the Westin Monache.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 8:41 am

Location: somewhere Cl. III / III+, with green waves and friendly holes
Programs: *wood Platinum, HH Gold, OneWorld Emerald, QF GOLD, AP Premium, Mabuhay Elite, bunch o others...
rubber duck for resort fee

Originally Posted by brarrr
Seems fair... a rubber toy for that silly resort fee...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.