Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Cancelling reservations on-line but still being charged for them

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling reservations on-line but still being charged for them

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2005, 9:51 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by bigjim
When did you get promoted William?
Well, I considered taking the handle Supreme Commander of the Universe, but it was already taken.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Aug 20, 2005, 8:13 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by Sunny Day
For a paid stay you can cancel your reservation online at SPG.com but what about for an Award Redemption stay? Has anyone notice that while you can make an Award Redemption online and it shows up under your reservation, yet you cannot cancel it online? You must phone SPG to cancel an Award redemption. Why isn't the cancellation feature available online?

I experienced this problem when I was in South America. I redeemed one night at the Santiago Sheraton 4 Points using the SPG website. But when I arrived I changed my mind and decided to stay elsewhere. It would be so easy if I could cancel it online at an internet cafe. But you can't do that online. Well I was forced to find a payphone and tried to call SPG Global Toll Free # when I cannot speak Spanish to the operator or understand the payphone dialing instructions posted. I was so frustrated and ended up walking into a bookshop and asked the owner to help me call the local hotel directly to cancel. In North America phoning SPG toll free is very easy but if you are in a foreign country and don't speak the language, making that toll free call or collect call at a payphone isn't that easy.

Why can't SPG include the cancellation feature for Award Redemptions on its website?
Had this happen to me yesterday. I asked the CSR why I couldn't cancel on-line. She said they were having too many people claiming to have cancelled without any record of having done so, so they disabled the ability. Why this would be different for award stays vs. paid I have no idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.