Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Maldives pre opening discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2006, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i had the W send me their full brochure, and it was extremely disappointing imho.

in direct response to the OP's question
is One & Only better?
yes, in my opinion One and Only Reethi Rah is better than W Maldives by far.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 12, 2006 at 10:06 pm Reason: doesn't add to the discussion or conversation - offtopic - Luxury Hotel discussion
Old Dec 12, 2006, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I had reservations there, but based on reponses I got to emails about things such as plat. amenities, etc.and pictures of the (over) development of the island, cancelled and stayed at 4 seasons instead (where btw, I was treated quite well despite not being an "elite" in their program, well they don't have a fstayer progream )
Old Dec 13, 2006, 1:34 am

Programs: MUCCI Diamante- that's all that matters
oh, what a dissapointment. I did think the place was over developed, but stayed in W Montreal and I really liked it. Also, i was looking forward to the SPG points that I would have transferred to BA Executive Club points.

I think I will cancel. Does anyone know how/where to get the best deals for O&O Reethi Rah?

Thanks again,
Old Dec 13, 2006, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

you should post here, as its not a starwood related issue >

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 13, 2006 at 3:04 am
Old Jan 5, 2007, 4:42 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by UPtravel
So after much research, I decided to call SPG and book a room at the W Maldives for December;
Did you end up staying there? If so, what were your impressions? I am thinking of staying there in mid-March. Thanks.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jul 12, 2008 at 5:14 pm Reason: Post opening discussion at http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=844323

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.