Promotions

Old May 27, 2005, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeropolan Super Elite SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Promotions

Any new targetted or non targetted promotions come out lately?

I am looking for the good ones like stay 5 nights get one night free, triple points etc.

thanks
Old May 27, 2005, 3:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
me too
Old May 28, 2005, 12:28 am

I wait and wait.........
Old May 29, 2005, 10:16 pm

Programs: CO (platinum), SPG (platinum), Hyatt (platinum), UAL (PE), QF (silver)
Thumbs up Que Pasa?

That makes about a million of us. This should be slow times for business hotels now that it is summer, and there ain't anything going on! I am in the midst of a relo and will be spending about 50 of the next 60 nights in a hotel as a result. What gives, Starwood? By the way, just came back from Vedema in Santorini, which was awesome. Staff bent over backwards and the food at the restaurant is awesome. All of the rooms there are actually 3 room apartments (LR, Kitchen/Dining Area, BR).
Old May 29, 2005, 10:35 pm
wil

Programs: Delta, Emirates, Starwood
Just read a report in the local paper that U.S. hotel bookings are significantly up this summer due to more money in the economy (2.2 million new jobs) as well as the dollars poor exchange rate (americans staying local and foreigners coming over for cheap goods). This could definitely have something to do with the lack of promotions.
Old May 31, 2005, 8:43 am
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Now that June 1 is almost upon us, here's hoping for something good, but I somehow doubt it. This morning I heard that this summer is going to be the busiest travel summer in several years, so why would SPG need a promotion to bring us in when we're already there!!
Old May 31, 2005, 9:27 am

I figure it is time for some fresh new promotions. The free weekend nights seems to be quite expensive to run, so we don't see it very often. Anyone have creative promo ideas? Maybe if we come up with some good ones (that benefit us and spg), they might get implimented at some time in the future.

I would be quite excited to earn reward discount certificates - to make my miles go further. Like "50% fewer points to stay" at a cat 1-4, or a "2 for 1 reward certificate" - pay points for one night, get the 2nd free. Or even a "30% off weekend redemptions certificate" for cat 3 properties and above (where there is no weekend discount). These types of promos can have an expiry date (unlike giving away bonus points) and have a varied value, depending on the property redeemed for, AND they require people to spend some of their existing points as well.

Thoughts? Other promos you would like to see?
Old Jun 6, 2005, 9:53 am

Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok - Triple Points

This is a property-specific promotion. I got this by email.

ROYAL ORCHID SHERATON HOTEL & TOWERS
SIPHYA ROAD 2 CAPTAIN BUSH LANE BANGKOK, 10500 TH
Phone 66-2-266-0123

Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers is now offering you more than an unforgettable stay on the Chao Phraya "River of Kings" - Triple Starpoints(R)

To reserve your stay, simply book online!

Other than having a perfect stay in a beautiful five-star riverside hotel with excellent facilities and service, you can now earn Starpoints® three times faster!

Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers is now offering Starwood Preferred Guest® members Triple Starpoints when staying at the hotel from now until September 30, 2005.

Rates start from US$135 per room per night in a Deluxe room with river views, guaranteed. Book now!
Terms & Conditions
Rate is per room, per night and subject to availability. Rate plan must be mentioned when making reservations. Starpoints(R)will be calculated from room revenue only. Offer not is applicable to groups. Advance reservations are required. Not to be combined with other offers or promotions. © 2005 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 5:06 pm

Well I just signed up for a new summer promo with Marriott... for every 3rd stay earn 5K up-to 25K.

So Starwood still waiting for a new promo... just like everyone else... so far Marriott is getting most of my summer stays... unless you come out with something very soon...
Old Jun 7, 2005, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Chiangi
This is a property-specific promotion. I got this by email.
I checked a weekend rate in august and found the rate is $88 per night. That means it cost $57 per night to get triple points.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 4:12 pm
Suspended

i've actually gotten some very good bargains with the mastercard promotions (buy 2 get one free, buy 3 get one free, etc.).

but, in terms of extra points...zippo except for the (bungled) platinum email promotion a few weeks ago (that starwood did a good job and extended).
Old Jun 7, 2005, 6:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
Be careful....

Originally Posted by TheBaze
That makes about a million of us. This should be slow times for business hotels now that it is summer, and there ain't anything going on! I am in the midst of a relo and will be spending about 50 of the next 60 nights in a hotel as a result. What gives, Starwood? By the way, just came back from Vedema in Santorini, which was awesome. Staff bent over backwards and the food at the restaurant is awesome. All of the rooms there are actually 3 room apartments (LR, Kitchen/Dining Area, BR).
If you have a really long stay, be sure that it does not reach 30 days, I heard that you get NO starpoints for stays of 30 days or longer. If your stay reaches 29 days, you have to go somewhere else for a night (and then you can come back) if you want any starpoints. Inquire about this. I cannot imagine why the program would have this policy but they do.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 7:42 pm

Promo: The Atlantic (Luxury Collection), Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Stay with us between June 1 and September 30, 2005 with rates starting $209 per nigt. In celebration of the hotel's one-year anniversary, a complimentary bottle of chilled champagne will be in your room upon arrival.

Book online at www.luxurycollection.com/summer or call
1-866-837-4274 and mention promotion code CEL.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 8:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by imverge
Well I just signed up for a new summer promo with Marriott... for every 3rd stay earn 5K up-to 25K.
If you look at the Marriott thread, many plats are not eligible. Including me. I do lots of mattress runs to get 500 pt check in amendity. Is the only way I can see to getting more points if no promo are in sight. It takes some work and coordination. but is worth it for me.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by room service
I checked a weekend rate in august and found the rate is $88 per night. That means it cost $57 per night to get triple points.
The Royal Orchid Sheraton $88 rate is actually a separate promotion that requires a three night minimum length of stay but no triple SPG points. The triple point promo rates start from $135 with no minimum stay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.