Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Palace Madrid, Spain [Master Thread]

Westin Palace Madrid, Spain [Master Thread]

Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by frostran
Hey guys will be arriving at the palace in about two weeks. I got a JR suite booked was wondering what should i expect? Does it have a balcony? Is it just alright and nothing to fancy? Let me know

Thanks
I had the Jr in Dec. It was a nice 2 room suite, door separating the rooms. Interior view of the hotel.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD, CONTINENTAL GOLD
JR SUITE

So I got the JR suite at the palace and I am currently a Gold any chance for an upgrade to an executive suite! I'm crossing my fingers I hear they are very generous here at this hotel!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:50 pm
BCH

Plat here. Got upgrade to a gorgeous (and quite large) suite with amazing city views. No breakfast though.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
bch

Originally Posted by BCH
Plat here. Got upgrade to a gorgeous (and quite large) suite with amazing city views. No breakfast though.
just checked in
got a junior suite, but in my opinion the hotel is to avoid.

its a very old hotel, its needs a renovation and there is no lounge for platinums, so basically they do nothing for status pax (the suite is ok, but i dont like these old style hotels)

only reason i chose the hotel, is the location which is unbeatable.

dp
Old Feb 26, 2011, 8:31 am

That, and the fact that its the only SPG property in Madrid?
Old Feb 26, 2011, 8:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
I just got back from a stay here last week. Initially we were upgraded to an interior junior suite. I called and asked if there were any exterior facing rooms, but we were there at the same time there was a large basketball tournament going on in Madrid. So all of the teams were staying in the hotel. Apparently this was quite a big deal in Spain as there were many people hanging out outside the hotel with cameras etc. to try to snap photos of the players.

That said, I did ask Alberto at the front desk (whom I highly recommend by the way as he was incredibly helpful) if there were any suites coming available the next day with a plaza view. We were moved the next day to a suite facing the fountains. It was an executive suite that was probably about 1000 sq feet. He took very good care of us, and did it the next day without any prompting from us. I highly recommend this hotel if you're an SPG plat. They take very good care of you when they're able.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
true

Originally Posted by rearview
That, and the fact that its the only SPG property in Madrid?
i am a slave of starwood
btw. spend two nights at the ritz on the opposite side of the westin.

this hotel i can recommend. its old too, but we received a 1L bottle of roederer champagne, fruitbasked, free internet, free airport pickup, free dinner and free lunch. all in for 365 Euro per night. the latecheckout is 6pm.
and upgraded to a huge suite.

the service is compared to the westin incredible.

so both are old hotels, but the ritz gives you a feeling being a king, unfortunately there is no spg points for stays at the ritz
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Hi I'm a new SPG plat and am staying here for 2 nights on a points plus cash redemption - what can I expect for an upgrade? Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
+1

Originally Posted by ordogg
Hi I'm a new SPG plat and am staying here for 2 nights on a points plus cash redemption - what can I expect for an upgrade? Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Originally Posted by RChavez
I just got back from a stay here last week. Initially we were upgraded to an interior junior suite. I called and asked if there were any exterior facing rooms, but we were there at the same time there was a large basketball tournament going on in Madrid. So all of the teams were staying in the hotel. Apparently this was quite a big deal in Spain as there were many people hanging out outside the hotel with cameras etc. to try to snap photos of the players.

That said, I did ask Alberto at the front desk (whom I highly recommend by the way as he was incredibly helpful) if there were any suites coming available the next day with a plaza view. We were moved the next day to a suite facing the fountains. It was an executive suite that was probably about 1000 sq feet. He took very good care of us, and did it the next day without any prompting from us. I highly recommend this hotel if you're an SPG plat. They take very good care of you when they're able.
I guessed you were lucky. I stayed at that hotel the same weekend you went for 2 nights and I booked a premium deluxe room and was told there was absolutely no suite available. I was aware of the time I checked in (early morning around 8am) and I asked if there might be a suite available later in the afternoon or next day but the front-desk staff told me no suite was available on both Sat and Sun. Surprisingly, the GM emailed me today and told me that they were unable to provide me with the suite that early in the morning but should have offered me to change later during the day... Oh well, maybe next time.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ktjan
I checked in (early morning around 8am) and I asked if there might be a suite

Surprisingly, the GM emailed me today and told me that they were unable to provide me with the suite that early in the morning but should have offered me to change later during the day... Oh well, maybe next time.
seems the Hotel went out of its way for you, 1-8am checkin as you said and 2ndly the deal with Upgrades is if they are available at time of checkin a Hotel doesnt have to allow a change of rooms once checked in. I know you might have said OK I will come back at 6pm as most likely those in the suites will get a 4pm late chcekout and let the Hotel hold onto your bags till then

when Im that early I usually will take whatever I can so I can grab some zzz and a shower, which is usually alot more important to me if having just flown in then getting a great room
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:15 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Best. Stay. Ever.

Checked us in at 8am. Into 603, a beautiful 2-room suite on a corner of the hotel looking up toward Plaza Del Sol. It's the suite 'under the dome' (I'll post a photo later and it'll make sense). 2 balconies. LCD tvs in both rooms. Awesome bed. Great showers in both bathrooms.

And as everyone says, the location is so freaking perfect.

Aboslutely, positively an AWESOME way to spend my last 3 days as a plat. (From now on it'll be all on my fiancee's plat status. )

Oh, and and at check out he said 'we don't charge our Platinum guests for Internet so I am taking that off your bill.' Nice surprise to end a really, really, really awesome stay.

Here's the view of the hotel. Our corner suite was on the top floor 'under the dome.'

Last edited by kokonutz; Mar 2, 2011 at 9:05 am
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
dumb question, do the hotel rooms have North American outlets?

Thanks
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:48 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU

Thanks
No N.A. and no British either. Just European.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob

Thanks
No, but you can ask the concierge for an adapter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.