25% Off Starpoint Redemption

Old May 23, 05, 1:23 pm
ski

No email notification for this Platinum member

Receive other promo emails like for 4 Points recent promo, but no email notification for this platinum regarding 25% off promo. Had to learn about it on flyertalk.
Old May 23, 05, 1:47 pm
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by dhacker
Who you gonna believe, William or some random CSR? This offer was "targetted" at ALL platinums, they just blew (or further targetted) the notifications.
I agree I think the offer was meant for all PLT's but they blew the notification. But they also blew the communication to their CSR. When you call they have no idea why it was done that way.

Originally Posted by dhacker
If they care to right this wrong, they should extend the offer and provide ample notification this time around.
Totally agree ^ , but don't think this will happen.
Old May 23, 05, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Titanium
Wow, so I guess the votes of the Gold's aren't even worth 20%, 15%, or even 10% off... better make sure to remember this when voting happens next year. Bahhhh, humbug...
Old May 23, 05, 4:46 pm
Suspended

have we heard from anyone at starwood regarding how they are going to handle this?
Old May 23, 05, 4:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Could it be that the anger produced by a "Thank You" promotion for Freddie results actually backfires and leads to a bunch of not-included Plats and Golds voting lower and thus breaking Starwood's string of wins at the Freddies next year? An IT failure of a targetted promotion knocking off a great stretch of wins? I'm Plat and did not receive the email.... I wonder how good my memory will be next year around Freddie time.
Old May 23, 05, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA UGS, SPG Plat.
It must be frustrating for the Customer Service department that their promotions backfire. Nevertheless, as a Platinum member since the beginning of the SPG program I too am frustrated that I missed being informed of this promotion. SPG's IT Department should do a much better job with their emails as there is really no good reason for this slip-up. If the IT Department needs more time to get all of the emails out then there needs to be more time for us to use the promotion.
Old May 23, 05, 7:54 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by West Coast 1K
It must be frustrating for the Customer Service department that their promotions backfire. Nevertheless, as a Platinum member since the beginning of the SPG program I too am frustrated that I missed being informed of this promotion. SPG's IT Department should do a much better job with their emails as there is really no good reason for this slip-up. If the IT Department needs more time to get all of the emails out then there needs to be more time for us to use the promotion.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Well said! BTW. . I'm a Plat and never received this notice either.
Old May 23, 05, 10:29 pm

Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Lightbulb This explains everything

Seeing how this “targeted” promo failed so miserably, I now understand why past targeted promo never made sense. Maybe *wood Corp should pay a visit to their targeted promo department and find out who is running the place before they try emailing another targeted promo.

Hey - I found them...

http://www.careerbuilder.com/tv/?sc_cmp2=JS_HP1_sbpromo

Last edited by hotelfanatic; May 24, 05 at 8:14 am
Old May 24, 05, 12:18 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Passport Diamond, UA Premier Plat, WN A-List
The latest from Lurker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalispice
Lurker...

Sorry. But it should be infinitely clear that I don't have anything to relate on this subject...so far.

Have a good night everyone. Tomorrow is another day.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

The above qoute is from Lurker regarding the subject (taken from the "where's the Lurker" thread). I don't know if this is encouraging or discouraging, but at least he seems to be aware of the problem.

On a different note, does anyone know if Marriott offers mathcing tier status?
Old May 24, 05, 12:43 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
i didnt get the promo too

hi

i didnt receive the email too, even i am signed up for all possible starwood emails.

i saw it here on FT and booked 2 stays.

thx guys
Old May 24, 05, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Now that's funny!!!
Old May 24, 05, 10:50 am
g50

Programs: DL DM MM, AA LTP, UA SILVER,Globalist, SPG/RITZ PLT, Equity Estates Fund,Ritz Club Owner
I did not get it either
Old May 24, 05, 11:05 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Thanks for your patience while we sorted through this.

It appears that our attempts to get the word out on this did not quite go as we had intended. Emails were sent. Many were returned as undeliverable, apparently. No doubt some were deleted, either intentionally or unintentionally; who can know for sure. Then there are the spam filters and firewalls. If you do not fall into any of these categories, I am sorry to disappoint, but there is no easy, one-size-fits-all reason I can offer as to why you did not get it. I do know that we also attempted to give Platinum members notification over spg.com when they logged onto their accounts. This was frustrated by the fact that the additional banners were not suppressed, which is something we will correct going forward.

So, what to do? The only reasonable thing we could come up with was re-opening the offer so those who missed it the first time could take reasonable advantage of it. To that end, beginning immediately and up through midnight Eastern US time on Monday, May 30th, Platinum members can make their plans online at spg.com and then call the Platinum Concierge line to make use of the FRED redemption code for a 25% off savings. The same Terms and Conditions apply that were in effect previously. This is for award stays booked through Wednesday, August 31st only.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old May 24, 05, 11:16 am

Programs: AA PLT (1MM), MR Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
So, let me get this right -- if we were Platinum until February, and helped get Starwood the Freddie awards through our loyalty and votes, but now we're Gold, we can't avail ourselves of the award?

I think that's pretty short-sighted. You're basically telling us that our continued business -- albeit at a lower level than before -- isn't valuable.
Old May 24, 05, 11:20 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by BWI Flyer
So, let me get this right -- if we were Platinum until February, and helped get Starwood the Freddie awards through our loyalty and votes, but now we're Gold, we can't avail ourselves of the award?

I think that's pretty short-sighted. You're basically telling us that our continued business -- albeit at a lower level than before -- isn't valuable.
Regrettably, only current Platinum members of Starwood Preferred Guest can avail themselves of this offer. I'm sorry if you feel this makes you feel invalued; however, nothing could be further from the truth. I can assure you that we appreciate everyone's business and their votes, but we had to limit this year's "Thank You" to the ranks of current Platinum members.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Search this Thread
Search Engine: