25% Off Starpoint Redemption

Old May 21, 05, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhacker
Bump. Ends today 5/21.
Yep. I was just told it ends at midnight U.S. East Coast time, so only a couple of hours left to hop on it.
Old May 21, 05, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by PremEx
Yep. I was just told it ends at midnight U.S. East Coast time, so only a couple of hours left to hop on it.
Thanks for the reminder. I just made the last minute reservation...
Old May 21, 05, 10:44 pm

Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I just made a booking with 25% off at 12:20 am Sunday morning EST. the CSR did had some diffculties in getting the reservation completed and had to talk with a supervisor. Maybe they are extending to the west coast time of midnight. Not sure. But thanks anyway to all - saved 2K points! ^ ^ ^
Old May 22, 05, 12:22 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
I just returned home from a week-long business trip, and was catching up on what I missed on the FlyerTalk forum, only to find that I missed 25% off starwood redemption?!?!??

WHY DIDN'T ALL US PLATINUMS GET AN EMAIL ABOUT THIS?!?!?

If I had gotten an email, I would have heard about this in time, and booked numerous stays for the summer....but now I missed it all? (And I'm assuming this is the only time this will happen this summer)

This is EXACTLY why I have one foot out the door with SPG...this is crazy! We all drop thousands and thousands of dollars at Starwood hotels, and the only way to find out about this promo is through a message board, since only a fraction of us plats. somehow got the offer email?!?

William, PLEASE tell me you guys are going to offer a Round 2 on this offer ASAP, this time informing ALL Platinums (a level that implies we've been extremely loyal to SPG)...not just the ones that frequent message boards!

Sorry to rant everyone, but I think we frequent guests (and especially plats.) deserve better from a company that we (frequently) go out of our way to support.
Old May 22, 05, 1:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Passport Diamond, UA Premier Plat, WN A-List
Angry

I agree...Even though I have been Platinum for three years, it becomes very frustrating to learn of "special" Platinm offers from a message board rather than directly from SPG! If the offer is targeted, so be it...but if the offer is available to ALL Plats...why aren't ALL Plats notified!!! Indeed, I also am rethinking my loyalty to SPG!

WILLIAM, YOUR INPUT WOULD BE APPECIATED!
Old May 22, 05, 1:27 pm

My wife did not receive email notification either. She is plat and is signed up to receive SPG offers via email. We're not mad, since I immediately saw the promo posted here, but we probably would have been otherwise.
Old May 22, 05, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Yeah, I only found out by seeing a glimpse of the ad on the spg.com site and then checked here to see what the deal is... luckily I check the spg.com site often!
Old May 22, 05, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA UGS, SPG Plat.
Angry

Originally Posted by moulder3
I just returned home from a week-long business trip, and was catching up on what I missed on the FlyerTalk forum, only to find that I missed 25% off starwood redemption?!?!??

WHY DIDN'T ALL US PLATINUMS GET AN EMAIL ABOUT THIS?!?!?

If I had gotten an email, I would have heard about this in time, and booked numerous stays for the summer....but now I missed it all? (And I'm assuming this is the only time this will happen this summer)

This is EXACTLY why I have one foot out the door with SPG...this is crazy! We all drop thousands and thousands of dollars at Starwood hotels, and the only way to find out about this promo is through a message board, since only a fraction of us plats. somehow got the offer email?!?

William, PLEASE tell me you guys are going to offer a Round 2 on this offer ASAP, this time informing ALL Platinums (a level that implies we've been extremely loyal to SPG)...not just the ones that frequent message boards!

Sorry to rant everyone, but I think we frequent guests (and especially plats.) deserve better from a company that we (frequently) go out of our way to support.

I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why *wood wouldn't send an email to everyone. What is the point of a secret promotion?
Old May 22, 05, 3:49 pm
Suspended

i never got the email. i read about it here. if i was a platinum and didn't get the email and never read flyertalk and found out about it after the fact, i would certainly be pis*ed.
Old May 22, 05, 4:03 pm

Programs: SPG-PLT, DL-PLT, AA-GLD (1 MM)
Lurker,

I am Platinum, and have been the last couple of years. I am subscribed to SPG emails. Any reason why I didn't receive this offer? I see it is too late now as it had to be booked by 5/21.

Thanks
Old May 22, 05, 4:15 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I, too, did not receive the notification, except from another FT'er. Fortunate, as I saved 42000 points, making 14 award nights stays, each one with 3000 point savings.
Old May 22, 05, 8:22 pm

Didn't get the email either-- called the Plat. concierge and was told they did not know how this was marketed. So, I'll call the Corporate services office tomorrow and voice my displeasure--hope others will too.
Old May 22, 05, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Hehe..another fine targeted mess!

I think all of you complainers are missing the obvious answer:

YOU'RE MEMBERS OF THE CONTROL GROUP!

That's the usual answer whenever someone misses out on a promo, right?

Old May 22, 05, 8:48 pm

Another Plat that did not receive the email

Add me to the list of Plats that did not receive the email. I am also subscribed to receive all emails from SPG. Sounds like there needs to be an extension or a round 2.
Old May 22, 05, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Add one more Platinum than never got got an email, and I would have taken advantage of this.

What the ______?

Do we need to look at FT everyday to see each promo?

I spoke to another FT'er today and found out about this, and thus why I am .

Search this Thread
Search Engine: