FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   25% Off Starpoint Redemption (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/433226-25-off-starpoint-redemption.html)

KathyWdrf May 18, 2005 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by SF1K
Absolutely. Simple algebra tells you that 5th night free is 20% off on the SPG points, so the 25% off yields an extra savings....

Yes, I already said this in post #33 above:

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Exactly. A normal five-night category 3, 4, 5, or 6 award saves you 20% in Starpoints. 25% off is still a bigger savings than 20% off, even though it's not 25% vs. 0%....

wma May 18, 2005 3:17 pm

To bad I can't use it for my Puerta Vallarta stay over Christmas. Using 49K three times for three rooms, bummer.

wuhoo May 18, 2005 5:34 pm

tried to rebook a reservation for westin times sq later this summer that prveioulsy was using the book 4 get 5 promo
csr was unable to, apparently the hotel does not have availibility for the rate fred
something about how there were no standard rooms available left and only upgraded rooms (my reservation is using 11k points per night)
not sure why they couldnt still book it under that rate, i'll prolly try again later

ajacpril May 18, 2005 5:46 pm

I thought this was the SPG forum and not the AA forum :D :D

Originally Posted by dhammer53
What about ex- plats?

Also known as golds? :D

geoffriong May 18, 2005 5:57 pm

[QUOTE=SF1K]Absolutely. Simple algebra tells you that 5th night free is 20% off on the SPG points, so the 25% off yields an extra savings.[QUOTE]

Excellent point. I'm not sure how the Plat Concierge desk is looking at 5 night stays, but if there is any doubt about getting the discount, just book a 2 night stay and a 3 night stay back-to-back.

michaelr May 18, 2005 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by wma
To bad I can't use it for my Puerta Vallarta stay over Christmas. Using 49K three times for three rooms, bummer.

Just rebooked the stay of Mrs. michaelr's brother there and saved 1750 points. Very painless. ^

craz May 18, 2005 6:15 pm

had a stay at a Cat1 so saved only on 3 of the 5 but thats still 2250 so its as if I got a free weekend day. Not bad considering the rate is $194 per night,
still not 100% sure if Ill stay there or another place in town that I prefer that would cost me $64 per night.

yyznomad May 18, 2005 8:20 pm

craz, Congrats on post #2000.

I tried booking a CAT2 today on a weekend-night and I was told that I could only do it on a weeknight... what's up with that? Was the CSR misinformed? I haven't seen any fine print on this.

aslsigner May 18, 2005 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by geoffriong
I'm not sure how the Plat Concierge desk is looking at 5 night stays, but if there is any doubt about getting the discount, just book a 2 night stay and a 3 night stay back-to-back.

I just rebooked my 5 night Westin Maui trip and also saved 2500 pts.
I also changed a two night paid stay to one night paid and the other on the Plat reduced night pts... I love getting stay credit and using pts on the same trip!!!

craz May 18, 2005 9:37 pm

yyznomad, thanks now its 2001, anyway its a 25% off on every Cat Except for Cat 1 & 2 , where the 25% off applies only to Weekday stays which can vary depending on the country you'll be staying in. I guess since they are already reduced by 33% they werent gonna give another 25% on top of that. Cats 3-6 costs the same amount of points Every day of the week unlike Cats 1 & 2 where its 1000 pts less for a weekend night.

where I cashed in the weekends are considered Fri & Sat and not Sat & Sun, for most locations the weekend means Sat & Sun but it does vary.

bbbb May 18, 2005 10:14 pm

Cat 1 & 2 ?

So we can get 25% off on cat 1&2 for week day stays?

Thanks

craz May 18, 2005 10:16 pm

bbbb Yes a Cat 1 goes to 2250 for a weekday stay per night instead of 3000

fly co to see the yanks May 18, 2005 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by bbbb
So we can get 25% off on cat 1&2 for week day stays?

yup. just did it.

yyznomad May 18, 2005 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by craz
yyznomad, thanks now its 2001, anyway its a 25% off on every Cat Except for Cat 1 & 2 , where the 25% off applies only to Weekday stays which can vary depending on the country you'll be staying in. I guess since they are already reduced by 33% they werent gonna give another 25% on top of that. Cats 3-6 costs the same amount of points Every day of the week unlike Cats 1 & 2 where its 1000 pts less for a weekend night.

where I cashed in the weekends are considered Fri & Sat and not Sat & Sun, for most locations the weekend means Sat & Sun but it does vary.

Thanks craz, makes sense.
Now for a little bit of "strategic" planning :)

dhacker May 21, 2005 6:44 pm

Bump. Ends today 5/21.