25% Off Starpoint Redemption

Old May 27, 05, 8:46 pm

Programs: Starfleet Captains Club
I didn't get the email either, and I really think this happened to too many people to be resulting from emails getting returned or spammed. Anything that is said to the contrary is just spin control, IMHO.

I get other *wood promo emails from individual hotels, and they are not deleted, or spammed.

FYI, I called the Gold desk by mistake, and the CSR said that the *wood promo people hadn't told them anything about this promo. He also admitted that if someone who was gold called and asked for this promo, he'd probably give it to them, because he wouldn't know any better!

Sooo if you're PO'd because you used to be plat, and are now Gold, you can call the gold number and see if you can get them to give you the promo!
Old May 28, 05, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
>I can assure you that we appreciate everyone's business and their votes, but we had to limit this year's "Thank You" to the ranks of current Platinum members.

Sincerely,
William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services
Mr. Sanders, I'm curious: why did you have "to limit this year's "Thank You" to the ranks of current Platinum members", when last year's thank you was extended to Gold members as well? It can't be all of the new freebie Gold's, because they don't have enough points to cash in yet. Is there some other justification? Based on the vote totals, many many non-Platinum SPG members (including me) were contributors to the awards that only Platinum members are being thanked for.
Old May 29, 05, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Well, I guess there is no limit to a Platinum FTers incompetence. I just saw this thread today, almost a week after the deadline. Shockingly, I have no award stays in July and August planned, so it isn't a big loss.

But an email would have been nice.
Old May 29, 05, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Wow, it pays to read all the thread. My suggestion was to be Starwood extends the offer again, but that's already done! And I found out about it in time!

If they really feel it's a browser/firewall issue, I'd like to suggest that Starwood do a test of that theory. I also have received other promos, just not this email.

Thank you William and Starwood!
Old May 29, 05, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
I was made aware of this in the first email attempt. I didn't take advantage of it because I don't have any award stays planned for the near future. BUT I just wanted to thank Starwood for the offer. ^
Old May 30, 05, 8:54 pm

Location: SWUSA / AA PLAT, SPG PLAT, AMEX CENTURION, HHONORS Diamond
Thanks Starwood (and William) - just reserved 2 nights x 2 rooms/nt at St Regis/Monarch Beach using this FRED discount. Been wanting to try this property out.

And FWIW, looked at two more nights w/ FRED discount for Sheraton/Anaheim...but decided to forgo the FRED discount and use non-FRED points to get into the suite level rooms (2 rooms x 2 nights) at this property for two more nights. So spg picked up four more room nights because of the stimulus of the FRED promo...this is a trip for a total of 8 room nights planned on the spur of the moment because of this FRED promotion (and I've got points to burn regardless)...and to be more specific, because of the *EXTENSION* of the fred promo, since I missed the first window (my fault - I got the email - but I didn't react in time).

Go starwood. Promos "do" stimulate discretionary trips.
Old May 30, 05, 10:30 pm
Suspended

this puppy is over. i called at 12:17 AM Eastern and was told the promo ended at midnight. i cancelled the two reservations i wanted to convert to FRED.
Old May 30, 05, 11:29 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, AA 3MM/PLT, UA MM/PLT
Worked for me

Timing is everything. I too did not receive the email. I was planning a trip to NYC in late June and received 25% 4 nights at the W Times Square. Thanks to FlyerTalk and SPG for extending. In the future, you should be sure email is working. I can't understand why I would receive monthly Platinum statements e-mailed but not this great offer.
Old May 31, 05, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PM, UA 1K, AA Plat, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titnmn, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, National EE
We booked a couple of days at the W Times Square, three nights at the Sheraton Key West, and a couple of nights at the Westin Ottawa. If the promo was allowed past Aug 31 we would have booked more!
Old May 31, 05, 10:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bworrell
If the promo was allowed past Aug 31 we would have booked more!
i think that's the case for a lot of people.
Old May 31, 05, 10:30 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by SportsTech
Mr. Sanders, I'm curious: why did you have "to limit this year's "Thank You" to the ranks of current Platinum members", when last year's thank you was extended to Gold members as well? It can't be all of the new freebie Gold's, because they don't have enough points to cash in yet. Is there some other justification? Based on the vote totals, many many non-Platinum SPG members (including me) were contributors to the awards that only Platinum members are being thanked for.
Sorry, but I don't know the answer to this question. It is what it is. Maybe next year there will be nothing at all. Who knows for sure?

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old May 31, 05, 11:44 am
Suspended

Maybe next year there will be nothing at all.
such a pessimist. tsk tsk. c'mon william!!

maybe it will be half off to anyone that is part of SPG. "Who knows for sure?"

Old May 31, 05, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Sorry, but I don't know the answer to this question. It is what it is. Maybe next year there will be nothing at all. Who knows for sure?

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
This is only my two cents but....I wouldn't blame *wood if they didn't do something next year if they win the Freddy. It seems like no matter the promo or thank you or giveaway or whatever - we find a way to complain and show how terribly unfair it is.
I didn't end up using this "thank you" but I want to say thanks for the offer Starwood.
Old May 31, 05, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Hey, thanks for playing ^ . At least SPG has someone speaking for the company directly to customers...we all appreciate that, promos or not.
Old Jun 1, 05, 4:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
OK kids, this deal is over so I'm going to un-sticky the thread.

Thanks, William!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: