Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Prince Toronto [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Prince Toronto [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:15 pm

An update, during housekeeping yesterday the housekeeping staff that my wife suggested to be assigned to our room showed up, and all went well yesterday. No complaints as of now.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:02 am

This has taken some time since my last post, but just wanted to mention that the hotel has taken measures to remedy bad housekeeping experience for us. A colleague found out about what happened and asked me to draft an email about it, and he forwarded to the customer service manager (if I'm not mistaken). The GM then contacted my wife and asked to meet, and listened to what she had to say.

Post that, our whole stay was much more enjoyable and rejuvenating, with a much better housekeeping experience. No complaints, and we were very happy with how they handled the matter.

We stayed for another week, and then went home to the other side of the world for about a week or so, and I returned by myself for another 3 weeks' stay.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AC 50K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
SPG Chef's Table Dinner at Westin Prince

For an up-coming stay, as a Platinum guest I was offered a complementary seat at this dinner. SPG Chef's Table Dinner at the Westin Prince.

I've never heard of this before. Can anybody provide feedback from attending such a dinner?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Checked in today. No Plat upgrade, which has been with few exceptions my experience at Westin properties, but they comped parking, a higher floor, and gave me a card for a free coffee every day (whee!). Desk agent claimed all the suites were sold out; suspicious, I checked once in the room and yeah, no suites for my six-night stay. Glacially slow internet, degrades to dial-up speed way too often. Otherwise a decent room, though for the price it could be better. Separate shower and tub, though no more dual-head shower. It's one of those dribbly waterfall things and we hates em.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Noticed this hasn't had a review in ages.

Looks like I've be doing the usual fly-in and fly-out every week trip for work. I had the option between Westin Prince, Sheraton Parkway, and the Courtyard by Marriott (North Toronto).

I only have Starwoods Gold level. Corporate booking through Merit/Concur systems. I got a 18th floor room with two double beds. The room is very large in my opinion, even has a hallway leading to the main door. This one is a corner unit with a balcony (but you can only open the door 1 inch).

Everything is very clean and up to date. Must have been renovated within a year or less ago. Bathroom has separate shower and bath.

I haven't visited the gym or restaurants yet. Lobby is very nice and luxurious looking. The outside of the hotel has a few areas under construction.

Parking is $9 a night for self park. I overhead it's waived for SPG Platinum members, which I'll hit by end of month thankfully. They do provide free Starbucks coffee from their restaurant each morning (via a card). Free newspapers by the front revolving door as well. They gave me option of points or voucher for my SPG gold check-in (took the points). Internet seems to be pretty stable and fast (did several VOIP/Skype calls and large file transfers at night).

Housekeeping has been very good, no complaints.

Let me know if anyone has any questions about the hotel.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:41 am

Not sure if this is helping anyone but happy to write every so often to add onto this review thread.

I'm on my third week of stays with the Westin Prince as an SPG gold. First week was up on the 18th floor with two double beds, second week was up to the 20th floor with one king bed (otherwise identical).

This week, I received a suite on the 3rd floor much to my surprise. This room is massive with a sitting area with a full couch; full walk in closet with two wardrobes, etc. The bathroom is nice, but tiny compared to the the previous two weeks.

Other (very nice) surprises:
- Two bottles of water instead of one
- A gift box containing cheese, nuts, crackers, and dried fruit
- Nice note from the GM
- Additional toiletries in the bathroom
- Balcony doors actually open up!

Overall, pretty happy considering I had a crappy flight and really nasty incident with AVIS giving me a car with a distinct smell of throw-up at the airport (yeah, I got a different one).

Cheers.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So do the balcony doors open in allrooms? Is parking still waived for Plats?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So do the balcony doors open in allrooms? Is parking still waived for Plats?
No, the balcony doors are restricted. You can only open a couple inches. And yes parking is waived!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:30 am

Some balcony doors do fully open much to my surprise a few times. I think someone managed to take the screw out of the track to do so!

Parking is waived, just a word of advice. Ensure you clean off your front and back plates really well (free of snow and debris). The camera system they installed in the summer is a bit twitchy.

I think I may have done at least 35 nights at this Westin last year. Its ok -- bit run down and badly needs a Reno. Depending on your local needs, I'd recommend staying at the Sheraton Parkway. It is further up on the 404 & 7 highways but much nicer all around. I tended to get upgraded quite a bit as a Plat to junior suites. No parking fee there, and much more places to eat around it. (more traffic too for that matter). Rates are cheaper too.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Checked in tonight and learned that the parking fee is no longer waived for Platinum guests. It is $15 a night. When I asked when they stopped waiving the charge, she said “when Marriott took over”.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
pay parking is optional

I never pay to park @ this property. There is much street parking in the area. IF you are truly miffed about no free parking, try the Airport Convention Centre location next time. (Feel free to PM for details).
As for the response you received, is there really that big a culture clash between SPG & Marriott? I know many mergers fail for that reason. Yet, I see Marriott doing everything right, as compared to (say) Accor & Fairmont. For me, the proof will be how they treat Plats after Jan 1? Currenty, we have the best of both worlds. What comes next?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by ac/elite
Checked in tonight and learned that the parking fee is no longer waived for Platinum guests. It is $15 a night. When I asked when they stopped waiving the charge, she said “when Marriott took over”.
What do you think of the hotel these days? I used to quite like it, but last couple of stays were bad. I was upgraded to some kind of large suite that was so badly furnished and beaten up I asked for a downgrade. Ended up in a still quite nasty workout room. The hotel seems beyond desperately needing room refurbishment. On one of the review boards I saw an employee agreeing with the complaints and apologizing for the condition.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
What do you think of the hotel these days? I used to quite like it, but last couple of stays were bad. I was upgraded to some kind of large suite that was so badly furnished and beaten up I asked for a downgrade. Ended up in a still quite nasty workout room. The hotel seems beyond desperately needing room refurbishment. On one of the review boards I saw an employee agreeing with the complaints and apologizing for the condition.
I have had a really bad suite in the past, but it was in the tower at the back with the elevator behind the restaurant. I am currently in the main tower as I usually am, just off the lobby, and the room is fine. Certainly not one of the best Westins in the chain and could definitely use a bit of a refurb, but really not bad. I was upgraded from a traditional to deluxe room, which seems to be my usual upgrade at the hotel. The hotel is very full, so I wasn't surprised when I wasn't upgraded to one of their few suites. And, frankly, I much prefer this room to the suite in the back tower.

Unlike the situation with the parking, they have not downgraded their generous platinum breakfast amenity. They still offer the nice continental buffet, with an upgrade to the full buffet for an additional $4.00.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:05 pm

Westin Prince and Sheraton Parkway North Toronto were the two properties I frequented the most last year (did nearly 90 nights between the two). I prefer the Sheraton Parkway North because you tended to get upgraded to suites more often, its renovated, and amenities are better across the board (including free parking and lounge access). Westin Prince is ok, but seriously needs an overhaul and complete renovation. While there are a few nice rooms/suites; most are very much outdated, worn out, and weathered.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 4:03 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
The Westin Prince will leave Marriott on December 17th as it will rebrand to Pan Pacific Toronto. Article here: https://www.panpacific.com/en/newsro...oronto-2952516

Bit odd seeing as the hotel just completed a renovation to bring it up to Westin standards, but alas...

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.