Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bermuda - now planning 2019 opening

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2005, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood

Title says it all. I see Bermuda as a drop down choice for country on www.spg.com but when I pick it I am told there are no hotels for the location entered. Just seems odd to have a list of places where there is NOT a hotel instead of only places that do have a hotel. Is there a Starwood prop on Bermuda?
Old Apr 11, 2005, 9:40 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by dingo
Title says it all. I see Bermuda as a drop down choice for country on www.spg.com but when I pick it I am told there are no hotels for the location entered. Just seems odd to have a list of places where there is NOT a hotel instead of only places that do have a hotel. Is there a Starwood prop on Bermuda?
There is no Starwood property on Bermuda.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jun 29, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Now in the works: St Regis Bermuda

Plans are for the hotel in downtown Hamilton to open by 2013.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 6:39 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sc flier
Now in the works: St Regis Bermuda

Plans are for the hotel in downtown Hamilton to open by 2013.
^^ I'm ready to go!
Old Jun 29, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA EXP
This would be great! SHort jetblue flight from BOS.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Perfect spot for many of us on the east coast if they ever do another free weekend promotion.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 1:06 pm

Good news. Four years is a long time, but Bermuda is in need of some new hotels to freshen up their stock of hotels.

I hope this hotel will fully participate in the SPG program.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Here's a press release.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: US Gold • SPG Gold
"it's a process" also says it all:

A mystery writ has been filed with Supreme Court against the company behind the proposed St Regis hotel and condos in Hamilton, which at one time was scheduled to open this year.
A company called Smart Firm Investments is taking legal action against Par-la-Ville Hotel and Residences Ltd. The writ was filed late last month.
Par-la-Ville Hotel company president Michael MacLean said yesterday he knew nothing about the writ and would be in touch with his counsel.
Hamilton Mayor Graeme Outerbridge said he had no comment either and was not aware of the writ.
When asked for an update on the planned St Regis project, Mr Outerbridge said “things are progressing”. He could not give a time frame for breaking ground at this stage.
“It’s a process,” he said.
Mr MacLean said financing was in place and the project would proceed “soon”.
A spokesman for Tourism Minister Shawn Crockwell said he will be meeting with the (existing) Tourism Board on Monday “and he expects to be better briefed about all hotel development issues following that meeting”.
Last October it emerged that Par-La-Ville Hotel company was taking legal action against Citic Securities International Company, apparently a subsidiary of China’s largest listed brokerage. That writ was filed October 10.
Mr MacLean, the head of M&M Construction, had declined to comment on the reason for the Citic writ.
He replaced Donal Smith at Par-La-Ville Hotel company, whose US-based principal is Ted Adams of Unified Resorts.
The St Regis project has “in principle” planning approval to build nine storeys on the Church Street side and ten storeys on the Par-la-Ville side, with three levels of underground parking. In addition to 140 hotel rooms the luxury development was granted permission for 80 St Regis residences.
Plans for a hotel at the Par-la-Ville were first announced in 2007 with Ritz Carlton attached.
Starwood was named as a new partner in 2009, when it was stated the hotel would open in 2013.

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/...SS03/701049985
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.0.1047 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

I'd love to see a St. Regis in Bermuda
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by yulhammeryyz
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.0.1047 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

I'd love to see a St. Regis in Bermuda
+1 but based on the article above it sounds completely unrealistic
Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Are there any updates on this? Obviously it's now 2014, and still no Bermuda property.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:09 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
A new St. Regis Bermuda was announced last year, with opening in 2019:

http://hospitalitybusinessnews.com/2...ing-to-bermuda

And confirmed this year:

http://www.caribjournal.com/2016/03/...g-to-bermuda/#

But there is no mention of any new St. Regis property at the St. Regis website.

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/streg...regionName=all
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelexpert
A new St. Regis Bermuda was announced last year, with opening in 2019:

http://hospitalitybusinessnews.com/2...ing-to-bermuda

And confirmed this year:

http://www.caribjournal.com/2016/03/...g-to-bermuda/#

But there is no mention of any new St. Regis property at the St. Regis website.

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/streg...regionName=all
I guess they'll be getting some competition from the new Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Bermuda...opening at the same time as the St. Regis.

I also see there will be a new Ritz-Carlton in Riviera Maya, opening early-2018. Curious how they will fare there, as that is definitely well-trodden ground.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
This was discussed in another thread, and there I said that the St. Georges area of Bermuda is a strange location. It's far from everything and was mostly run down the last time I was there. Maybe they are trying to build it back up again and make a destination of it again, but I'm very skeptical. There is a reason there are no new hotels in Bermuda. The latest hotel built there is the Newstead Belmont Hills Golf Resort and Spa which opened in 2008.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.