Which Sheraton in EZE (Buenos Aires)

Old Nov 7, 2005, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Houston Cowboy
Thanks everyone for all the great info on this thread.

I just booked 4 nights at the Sheraton Convention Center based on your collective advice. I never knew the PT and the CC were connected in the same building. I have stayed in many properties with butler service and I never use this - who needs someone to unpack a suitcas? So I am going for the less expensive option.
HC you will enjoy the BA Sheraton CC-- I have stayed there--the lounge may be small but the breakfast is great--the staff are very friendly and helpful and there are munchies after 5:30 PM but nothing exciting. The wine is great and the all day tea/coffee/water service is very useful
Old Nov 7, 2005, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
I have stayed at the Towers and at the Libertador. The Libertador is old and somewhat worn. Great people watching lobby. The best feature and the one that would probably get me to return is the location. You can walk out the front door and be in the flow of the Florida Street action.

The Towers are further away (about a 5-6 block walk) and there is nothing of interest in the immediate area. The property is outstanding and there is very little to fault...except the location and the huge difference in price.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 4:48 pm

Sorry for responding to my own post, but is there anyone (SPG PLT) that has stayed at the CC on award and not be given access to the lounge?

Originally Posted by ajacpril
Seals my decision in favor of the CC for an upcoming award stay. I assume that they do not discriminate against PLTs on award stays, when granting access to the lounge.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 7:21 pm

I have stayed at the Park Towers and they are beautiful. I am writting this from the CC. Since I am alone I figured I would save the extra money and stay on this side. They upgraded me to a suite on the 17th floor, room 1730. The suite is basically two rooms with the middle knocked out. On one side you have a bed, TV and bath. On the other side you have a dining room table, a couch, high speed internet and a bath and closet. No TV on the living room side. Breakfast is free in the club lounge on the 22 floor. They asked me to sign for the wine in the evening. It appears soft drinks are free and alchol is charged. The only snacks were white rolls and cheese. If I were to stay again I would take a chance on the Librador for three reasons. Location, Location, and Location.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:46 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Does the Libratador have a lounge?
Old Nov 21, 2005, 2:59 pm
ZME

Programs: AA & Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by room service
They upgraded me to a suite on the 17th floor, room 1730. The suite is basically two rooms with the middle knocked out. On one side you have a bed, TV and bath. On the other side you have a dining room table, a couch, high speed internet and a bath and closet. No TV on the living room side. Breakfast is free in the club lounge on the 22 floor.
As a plat staying on a corporate rate (USD 110) got the same suite, four floors up (2130). Really liked the suite. Particularly enjoyed the extra 1/2 bath.

The hotel was well maintained, particularly the "executive floors" 19+. We enjoyed the small lounge. Afternoon snacks are limited to nuts, cheese, and bread. They did bring canapes when we ordered wine.

Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Particularly those in the lounge. Housekeeping and laundry staff were not so good. Had to call several times to get the room cleaned one day. Took two days to get laundry that was supposed to be returned in one day.

Request a room with a city view. The views from the other side are lackluster.

All in all, we were glad we chose the CC. The Liberatador is more central, but it was nice to be a couple of blocks from the madness of downtown BA.

I wish that Starwood had another option in Puerto Madero, Recoleta, or Palermo. Next time, we might consider the Hilton, Park Hyatt, or Alvear.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 6:16 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Does the Libratador have a lounge?
No, there is no lounge for preferred guests.

However, I really like the Libertator even though the Park Tower is much nicer because:

Awesome exercise facility w/4 treadmils, 2 stationary bikes, weight machine, jaccuzzi, indoor pool, and a sauna w/ a window. This facility is on the top floor, so one gets a great view when in the sauna.

Very nice staff, willing to help, was fluent in English, and did not mock my poor Spanish skills.

Very convenient location, though the Park Towers and Convention Center is a short 5-10 min walk away.

Delicious buffet breakfast that was included in my US$99 rate both times. It's not included in all rates, however. Otherwise, it costs US$8-9 (24 Argentine Pesos).

Decent restaurant, reasonably priced.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 4:00 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ZME
I wish that Starwood had another option in Puerto Madero, Recoleta, or Palermo. Next time, we might consider the Hilton, Park Hyatt, or Alvear.
Yes, but one can walk from the backside of the Sheraton B.A.C.C hotel to Puerto Madero completely along the docks of Puerto Madero themselves. And this Sheraton and the attached Park Tower are only a walk away from the heart of Puerto Madero or even Recoleta. And its closer to Florida Avenue shopping too. And from a car/cab perspective, it's actually better positioned to get around far more of Buenos Aires.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Do the rooms in either the Sheraton Libertator or the Convention Center have separate showers and bathtubs or it it just the combined shower/tub?
Old Dec 20, 2005, 5:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Do the rooms in either the Sheraton Libertator or the Convention Center have separate showers and bathtubs or it it just the combined shower/tub?
I don't remember the the Exec Floor standard rooms at the Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center having separate shower and bathtub. The bathrooms at this Sheraton are rather small in comparison to what is standard at the Hilton -- i.e., separate bathtub and shower.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 6:58 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I will be at the BA CC in January after a 14 night cruise. I am SPG Gold. I have a rate of $139.00. The rate does not include breakfast. If I go for an upgrade will it include any type of breakfast?
Old Dec 20, 2005, 7:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rstidolph
I will be at the BA CC in January after a 14 night cruise. I am SPG Gold. I have a rate of $139.00. The rate does not include breakfast. If I go for an upgrade will it include any type of breakfast?
If upgraded to the Executive Floor, then there is breakfast available in the Executive Lounge area on either the 17th or 18th (???) floor. However, I don't know if Golds get upgraded to that floor. I know Platinums often do.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 8:45 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Thanks. All I can do is try!
Old Dec 20, 2005, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by GUWonder
If upgraded to the Executive Floor, then there is breakfast available in the Executive Lounge area on either the 17th or 18th (???) floor. However, I don't know if Golds get upgraded to that floor. I know Platinums often do.
Last year as a Gold at this property I was upgraded to one of the Executive Floors
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
Buenos Aires - Hotel Trip Report (1 Hilton + 3 Starwoods)

Just posted a trip report titled: Buenos Aires - Hotel Trip Report (1 Hilton + 3 Starwoods)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.