Community
Wiki Posts
Search

500 point amenity for award stay

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2005, 7:42 am
Original Poster

500 point amenity for award stay

Has anyone ever automatically received their 500 point platinum amenity for an award stay? I believe the amenity still applies for a non-paying stay, but it never posts automatically for me. I've had to chase the points with Starwood countless times, and they usually post within 3-4 days but it's still a pain to have to request these credits every time I complete an award stay. I assume this is a "bug" within the system...
Old Mar 29, 2005, 8:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Yes, They Post

Just got one this weekend, award stay, no hassle.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:14 am

Does the Platinum Amenity Points really apply to Award Stays (ie: free weekends, using points)?

I haven't receive anything for my past several stays and never thought to ask since they were free nights.

Does this apply to Cash and Points Awards too?
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Mahalo
Does the Platinum Amenity Points really apply to Award Stays (ie: free weekends, using points)?
Yes

I just used my 3 free weekend nights this past weekend in Seoul, and the 500 points showed up automatically. I stayed in SFO overnight on the way (award), and those didn't post so I have to send in for them.

Like every stay for me, half the time the amenity points show up and half the time they don't (free or paid).
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Get it in London

We just had award stays (one points, one that stay 5, get 1 free) Sheraton Park Tower and Belgravia and we had the amenity offered at both. We chose the teddy bear, as our 13 month old was with us.
We did have to ask at the Belgravia, not at the Park Tower.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. Platinums officially qualify for the standard Platinum Amenity Choice on SPG Free Award Nights.

Officially you're not supposed to be offered them on some third party bookings, opaque bookings from Priceline and such, and other unusual bookings such as on airline distressed passenger vouchers or airline employee vouchers. There may be other types that don't qualify too. But free nights from the program and Cash & Points nights do qualify.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 12:15 pm

Programs: BBC World News
Question "Cash and Points" Points

Originally Posted by PremEx
But free nights from the program and Cash & Points nights do qualify.
I should know better than to put my 6 lifetime posts up against someone with 18K+, but on my cash and points reservation with Sheraton Centre in Toronto it states: "Rate valid only with Spg Cash & Points award, rate is not eligible for Spg Starpoints."

Am I missing something?
Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:23 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by skeena1
I should know better than to put my 6 lifetime posts up against someone with 18K+, but on my cash and points reservation with Sheraton Centre in Toronto it states: "Rate valid only with Spg Cash & Points award, rate is not eligible for Spg Starpoints."

Am I missing something?
These stays do not qualify as far as earning Starpoints and stay credit, but you still get the welcome amenity.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.