Looking for a fasttrack to gold

Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:01 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by PG
My wife got the Starwood AMEX this year and got Gold status. Is it that you get Gold for the first year and then drop to preferred plus?
It's Preferred Plus. If she got Gold, it was for another reason.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Apr 5, 2005, 10:54 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
It's Preferred Plus. If she got Gold, it was for another reason.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Is Gold also called Gold Preferred? (email confirmation of recent booking shows Starwood Preferred Guest® Level - Gold Preferred).

Thanks.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 11:19 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by PG
Is Gold also called Gold Preferred? (email confirmation of recent booking shows Starwood Preferred Guest® Level - Gold Preferred).

Thanks.
Gold is called Gold Preferred so somehow she is Gold.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 12:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
You mean you didn't receive one of the myriad of SPG/airline offers currently circulating that automatically provide Gold status? The offers have been reported with AA, UA, NW, and DL, and there are likely others. If you are breathing and a member of a FF program, SPG Gold is yours.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by MileKing
If you are breathing and a member of a FF program, SPG Gold is yours.
But for only until February 2006.

All members taking part in this airline promo offer will still need to requalify during this year in order to be eligible for SPG Gold status for all of next year (ending February 2007).

From the T&Cs of this promo:

Gold Preferred Guest membership is valid through February 2006. To earn Gold status through February 2007, members must meet standard elite-level qualification of 10 stays or 25 nights in 2005.

This isn't much different than when Marriott recently offered me Silver status in Marriott Rewards for this year (i.e. waving the 10 night stay requirement for the first year)....only that I personally value SPG Gold much higher than MR Silver.

I can see where offering elite status to a potential customer might be a good way to get them to try a new program........based on their experiences, they just might move some of their business to that program on a regular basis.

Heck, after receiving MR Silver, I decided to book 5 nights at a Marriott this summer, since the nearest Starwood hotel was a bit too far from the Anaheim Convention Center and the Hilton didn't have any availability for one of the days needed (not to mention...I don't have any status with Hilton).

A.J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.