Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Copley Place - Boston [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Copley Place - Boston [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by nevansm
First, there's no real desk, just a table you'd find in a cafe with no outlets within 3 feet, this is huge IMO.
Forgot to mention this in my review - my room was similar, and I think 3 feet is being generous.

Originally Posted by makin'miles
That said, for the rates that this place is able to command most of the year, I think expectations need to be aligned as to how far the hotel has to go to get business. Its often expensive, and often sold out.
That would seem to be all the more reason to avoid this property.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Stayed here in late December..booked suites already so can't comment on further plat upgrades. Agreed that lounge was pretty bare minimum, although nice inside, and they kindly gave all four of us (in two rooms) access.

Placed in unrenovated rooms and still heard renovation work very clearly. Service wasn't great either. Highly recommend staying away from this property until renovations are complete!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:06 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'll be staying here on Friday. Today I got this email:

To help jump start your refreshing stay with us, we have a select amount of rooms available for early arrival. For $25 our front office team will be able to guarantee an 11am check-in for you. Please reply to this email directly if you would like to have your room registered at 11am, as we can only accommodate a limited number of requests. Please note this will authorize the credit card you have on file.
I understand early check in isn't guaranteed but it still feels a little chintzy to send that out. Though I guess I'm merely SPG Gold so perhaps this is what I should expect.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by CMK10
I understand early check in isn't guaranteed but it still feels a little chintzy to send that out. Though I guess I'm merely SPG Gold so perhaps this is what I should expect.
TBH no surprise at this property given the multiple reports of selling out on suite upgrades.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 4/13 - 4/14

Check In: Handled very well by a friendly agent who was helpful and joked with us which was much appreciated after a long day of work and travel. I as a Gold was not offered a choice of amenity but my welcome points did post so I guess it was fine.

Room: Very impressive as befitting a recent renovation. I've learned not to expect much from rooms with two beds but this one was really nice. There was a lot of space, comfortable beds, outlets next to the bed, room to work at the desk and a really nice bathroom as well. No issues with wifi either and the shower was great. Plus having a view of the river and downtown was nice too. Soundproofing could be a little better I might add (I could hear people talking very clearly in the hallway when they'd pass by).

Other: I ordered coffee and croissants from room service which were a bit expensive but were very tasty and delivered on time. I took a walk by their fitness center which looked quite nice but I noticed the indoor pool that used to be there no longer exists or it was moved from where it used to be. We also had no issues storing our bags for a few hours.

This hotel is expensive but in my opinion one of the best in Boston due to location, service and the rooms. I think it's worth the stiff point expenditure.
makin'miles likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:34 am

Fair enough avoiding the property if the room renos are too loud currently, but this place is definitely my go-to in Boston. I love the location, I've found the staff great and the rooms quiet, personally. IMO, its head and shoulders above the Sheraton. The public spaces at the Liberty are a bit more impressive, but I don't find the rooms all that great. W is also pretty solid, but unless you like hanging out in Downtown Crossing/Theatre District (which is improving, to be fair), I'd take the Westin anytime.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. Got a Plat upgrade to an Executive Suite with beautiful views of the Prudential Center and river.

Maybe I just have such low expectations of lounges in the US, but I was actually impressed by breakfast in the lounge (didn't attend evening reception). I thought it was a good variety of food and stuff like the muffins actually seemed higher quality than normal.

W and Liberty (and Ritz) are definitely better, but for being only a Category 5 in such a good location in a city like Boston, I thought this was pretty solid.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Stayed here for one night over Christmas. Both rooms upgraded to studio suites as Platinum Premier which was nice, although one of the rooms wasn't ready till 6pm and we had to continually check with the front desk who seemed confused. Rooms are much more modern and well designed after the renovation - they did a nice job. Club was fine, and they gave all 4 of us access, but we chose to do the full breakfast buffet at Bar 10 downstairs.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO this is clearly much better than the other convention hotels (Sheraton and Marriott) connected to Prudential Center.
svo242 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:34 am

Is the lounge open on weekends? It looks like it from the website but wanted to be sure.
Old May 11, 2019, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Just completed a stay here. Stayed on base corporate rate and upgraded to a Studio King as Titanium.

Love the location, room was great (picture below) and I appreciate it not being an all carpet room (and they got the feather-free right). Walking distance to a Star Market which is perfect to stock up for the week -- especially since my room had a mini fridge.

As others have mentioned the lounge is fine but nothing spectacular -- breakfast was pretty basic with a couple of hot items (typically an egg dish and a protein dish) plus yogurts and cereal. That said, I'm usually just a yogurt person for breakfast anyway so it was sufficient for me. They also have an unbranded espresso machine which gets the job done (or a Starbucks in the lobby and in the connect shops if you prefer that).

Lounge is open on the weekend (at least it was on Sunday) -- at night they have some pretty poor finger food (some bread, cheese, carrots, and maybe some packaged food) plus alcohol available for purchase. You can also get into the lounge at all hours with your room key to get tea / coffee / water / soda.

Overall no complaints -- would stay here again though for next visit may try to the W just for the sake of it.

Old May 11, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by Duke787
Just completed a stay here. Stayed on base corporate rate and upgraded to a Studio King as Titanium.

Love the location, room was great (picture below) and I appreciate it not being an all carpet room (and they got the feather-free right). Walking distance to a Star Market which is perfect to stock up for the week -- especially since my room had a mini fridge.

As others have mentioned the lounge is fine but nothing spectacular -- breakfast was pretty basic with a couple of hot items (typically an egg dish and a protein dish) plus yogurts and cereal. That said, I'm usually just a yogurt person for breakfast anyway so it was sufficient for me. They also have an unbranded espresso machine which gets the job done (or a Starbucks in the lobby and in the connect shops if you prefer that).

Lounge is open on the weekend (at least it was on Sunday) -- at night they have some pretty poor finger food (some bread, cheese, carrots, and maybe some packaged food) plus alcohol available for purchase. You can also get into the lounge at all hours with your room key to get tea / coffee / water / soda.

Overall no complaints -- would stay here again though for next visit may try to the W just for the sake of it.

how is was the elevator situation?

when I was there a few months ago getting downstairs during the am rush was simply stupid. Elevators turned into expresses after a few stops so anyone picked up above you took priority. After waiting ten min I took an up elevator just so I could go down

hotel was nice but elevators alone could ruin this property for me
Old May 11, 2019, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for sharing. I will be there in a couple of weeks as well.
Duke787 likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Nuhusky

how is was the elevator situation?

when I was there a few months ago getting downstairs during the am rush was simply stupid. Elevators turned into expresses after a few stops so anyone picked up above you took priority. After waiting ten min I took an up elevator just so I could go down

hotel was nice but elevators alone could ruin this property for me
I didn't have any issues while I was there but I know elevators can definitely be a YMMV situation
Old May 21, 2019, 10:09 am

Stay Report - 5/18 - 5/19

Check In: The agent was really nice and complimented me on being Titanium (wow you must travel a lot!) and told me they'd upgraded me to a junior suite because I was Titanium. I gently corrected her and told her I'd used a SNA for it.

Room: I'm not sure who they're kidding when they call this a junior suite. The only "suite" area is a tiny little "living room" that's literally a small table with two chairs and a TV on the wall. I can't imagine anyone wanting to sit here. The bedroom itself is big and the views were incredible. I was on the 34th floor with sweeping views of downtown and the river. However, the room itself is pretty dated. When I stayed here last year in a normal room it was well renovated but this room looks very late 90s Westin chic. It also had a tiny bathroom and I had to use a surge protector near the bed for outlets.

Lounge: The lounge itself is a very pleasant little room to hang out in. Annoyingly, breakfast stops at 10 AM on weekends and it's also pretty paltry. They had just two hot dishes, a scrambled egg dish and a weird pancake looking dish, plus some fruit and yogurt and breads. It was a little disappointing.

Other: As always location wise I love this hotel. You're steps from the T or Commuter Rail and Amtrak at Back Bay, there are so many good restaurants you can walk to and I had no trouble getting a 3 PM checkout. Still, fairly disappointing use of a SNA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.