Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:02 am

Had a nice stay last week at the downtown Sheraton. Staff were all great. Not sure what the overall renovation status is for this hotel, but my room (on a 'preferred guest floor' as announced by the elevator every time I got on/off) had been redone recently, and was very nice, especially the bathroom.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
Had a nice stay last week at the downtown Sheraton. Staff were all great. Not sure what the overall renovation status is for this hotel, but my room (on a 'preferred guest floor' as announced by the elevator every time I got on/off) had been redone recently, and was very nice, especially the bathroom.
I stayed at the Sheraton in September and agree that it's a nice property with nice lounge. It gets quite busy in the lounge, but the staff is on top of things there. I think I prefer the rooms, location and the general hotel overall than the Westin.
Old May 30, 2018, 11:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I'm thinking of doing a trip to Seattle during the Columbus Day weekend (Oct 5-8) with my wife. Which Marriott property should I be looking to stay at? Looking for something close to downtown/pike place market, either newish or recently renovated. Looking for something higher end - 4* or 5*.

I've only previously stayed at the Hyatts (Olive 8, Grand) and the Fairmont Olympic. It looks like it's the Westin or the Sheraton? Are either of them recently renovated? How are the beds?
Old May 31, 2018, 7:34 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by arnel
I've only previously stayed at the Hyatts (Olive 8, Grand) and the Fairmont Olympic. It looks like it's the Westin or the Sheraton? Are either of them recently renovated? How are the beds?
GH and Olive 8 are stars (by domestic standards) -- far better than the SPG options. The Westin is dreadful, and the Sheraton (while some rooms have been remodeled) is a large, soulless factory with a lame club. I only stay there (reluctantly) in low season when rates are really low (sub-$100 BRGs). If you have status with Hyatt, GH or Olive 8 are a much better choice.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Question Which Property in Seattle?

Hi there all,

I have a one night layover in Seattle while returning from Vancouver returning to Ireland. Having never been to Seattle and a huge amount of properties I wondered if someone could advise which one to stay at? I am currently booked into The Westin Seattle.

Many thanks
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by IrishStephen
Hi there all,

I have a one night layover in Seattle while returning from Vancouver returning to Ireland. Having never been to Seattle and a huge amount of properties I wondered if someone could advise which one to stay at? I am currently booked into The Westin Seattle.

Many thanks
This is too open of a question. Which property for "what'? Do you want convenient and close to the airport? Do you want luxury and to be pampered? Do you want the cheapest room possible?

The cheapest in downtown Seattle right now is the Four Points on Roy Street because the entire building is wrapped by construction scaffolding and exterior walling. If you get the courtyard room you won't hear any noise. And you're close to Seattle Center (which is far more interesting than downtown right now).

If you want to stay near the airport because of travel then I can recommend the Aloft as I just stayed there a week ago. It's a cheap and new hotel that suffices as a bed and a shower. And you can still walk to restaurants (not top quality).

So tell us what you're looking for and we can give a better answer.

-RM
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Hi there all,

Many thanks
The Westin is probably my least favorite SPG property in Seattle, it's old, tiring, and just not that great.
Like RM suggested... what is your goal, how much time do you have, and are you driving?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
This is too open of a question. Which property for "what'? Do you want convenient and close to the airport? Do you want luxury and to be pampered? Do you want the cheapest room possible?

The cheapest in downtown Seattle right now is the Four Points on Roy Street because the entire building is wrapped by construction scaffolding and exterior walling. If you get the courtyard room you won't hear any noise. And you're close to Seattle Center (which is far more interesting than downtown right now).

If you want to stay near the airport because of travel then I can recommend the Aloft as I just stayed there a week ago. It's a cheap and new hotel that suffices as a bed and a shower. And you can still walk to restaurants (not top quality).

So tell us what you're looking for and we can give a better answer.

-RM
Hello and thanks for the reply. Ive a great rate at the WESTIN and just wanted to stay in the centre and walk around really. Catch a bite and chill before the following day late checkout before heading to the airport for a 7pm flight. Thanks for the assistance.

Stephen
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by dimramon
The Westin is probably my least favorite SPG property in Seattle, it's old, tiring, and just not that great.
Like RM suggested... what is your goal, how much time do you have, and are you driving?
Oh thats not good to hear. Im flying in from a trip to Vancouver and will have about 24 hours before my flight back to Ireland via Seattle. My inbound flight has me going directly into Vancouver hence the side trip on the return. Just looking to chill out. Got a great rate at the WESTIN but if its not great I might look to move it to the Renaissance or Sheraton perhaps. Any suggestions?

My Best, Stephen
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat

Oh thats not good to hear. Im flying in from a trip to Vancouver and will have about 24 hours before my flight back to Ireland via Seattle. My inbound flight has me going directly into Vancouver hence the side trip on the return. Just looking to chill out. Got a great rate at the WESTIN but if its not great I might look to move it to the Renaissance or Sheraton perhaps. Any suggestions?

My Best, Stephen
This is one of the few cities where I take the Sheraton over the Westin. Busy property due to cruise ships and tourists, but they take care of elites. One of my colleagues likes the Renaissance, but I have never stayed there. I do either the W or the Sheraton. Granted, if you're only there for 24 hours, it may not matter that much...

Last edited by dimramon; Dec 14, 2018 at 6:12 pm
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Agreed on Sheraton over Westin - but I'd also do W over Sheraton

Not sure if there are any interesting Autographs in town...?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:43 am

Thank you for the heads up. I will take a look at the W as even for one night it would be preferable to stay at a good property. Appreciate the heads up.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: DL DM
Does anybody have experience at the Sheraton's 1 Bedroom Executive Suite versus their 1 Bedroom Hospitality Suite? They both list their maximum occupancy at 3 but also highlight that they don't allow Rollaway beds. Do both of these have sleeper sofas in addition to their king bed? Neither provides an explanation and the pictures included don't give any insight either.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Downtown Fairfield coming

Learned today that the current Holiday Inn Express near the Space Needle (not​​​​ to be confused with the Holiday Inn next door) will be rebranded as a Fairfield in roughly six months.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Looking for recommendations in the Bellevue area for Fairfield vs Courtyard vs Springhill vs Residence Inn - all are 30K points for a weekend stay, but which of these hotels/brands is nicest and has the largest selection for a free hot breakfast for Platinum members?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.