Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

500 Point Online Booking Bonus Today (Feb. 21)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2005, 3:29 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'
Original Poster

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum

Due to especially high call volumes, Starwood is offering 500 bonus points for booking online right now.

http://www.starwood.com/specialdeals

Hope somebody can take advantage of it!
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:09 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Originally Posted by g_leyser
Due to especially high call volumes, Starwood is offering 500 bonus points for booking online right now.

http://www.starwood.com/specialdeals

Hope somebody can take advantage of it!
I can not find it.

We're Sorry

The page that you requested cannot be found.
Please choose a Starwood brand below to go to that home page or click the 'Back' button on your browser to return to the previous page.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:17 pm

Page looks like it's up, but I didn't try booking anything since I'm waiting for the next gig to start up and have no need for hotel stays right now.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Thanks - I cancelled the room I had reserved earlier today and re-booked it through this link.

But I suspect it won't post - a travel agent ID of 9999999 was pre-filled when it linked to the reservation site, but the reservation was then rejected due to an invalid Travel Agent ID. I couldn't continue until I cleared it out. I suspect it was supposed to be the token to indicate the bonus as I couldn't find anything in the URL.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 6:15 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
I booked using the link and printed all the stuff to show I followed directions. I then cancelled a previous reservation. I have confidence that the bonus points will post.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 6:29 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
I got the error as well, but also noticed that the all nine's TA number stayed in the reservations I made. I also have no doubt about the bonus posting.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 7:34 am

Does anyone know how long the bonus points take to post? I made my reservation on the 21st through the link and had a stay last Wednesday night. My regular points posted but not the 500 booking bonus.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 9:15 am

I had to chase the extra points by filling out a missing credit email. I highly doubt the points would have posted automatically... I recommend you do the same.

Originally Posted by Mahalo
Does anyone know how long the bonus points take to post? I made my reservation on the 21st through the link and had a stay last Wednesday night. My regular points posted but not the 500 booking bonus.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 11:59 am
Suspended

i've never had these points post automatically. i have always had to chase them down.

what are others' experiences?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.