Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Feb. 2005: New Targeted Promo for Double Points/Stay Credit

Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

a friend of mine just received this and passed it along:

"STAYS COUNT DOUBLE TOWARD ELITE, PLUS EARN DOUBLE STARPOINTS.

Every stay counts as two toward elite status, plus earn double Starpoints(R) every time you stay at Starwood hotels and resorts now through April 30, 2005. Elite guests earn three Starpoints per U.S. dollar spent 50% more than Preferred members and enjoy exclusive benefits such as room upgrades and 4 p.m. late checkout."

" Terms and Conditions:

Offer is valid for recipients of targeted direct mail/e-mail only and is non-transferable.
Starwood Preferred Guest member must register online or call 1-888-625-4988 and provide registration code 441 to earn double Starpoints on all eligible stays.
Registration must be completed no later than 3/15/05.
Member can qualify for elite level with every eligible stay counting double between 2/15/05 and 4/30/05.
To earn elite level, member must have 10 stays or 25 nights in 2005.
An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate that are spent at the same Starwood Preferred Guest participating property regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account.
Any double Starpoints earned will post to the member's account within 4 to 6 weeks after the qualifying stay posts.
Only the two base Starpoints earned will be doubled. No additional bonus Starpoints earned from the stay, including but not limited to, the Starwood Preferred Guest 50% elite bonus, etc. will be doubled.
This offer may not be combined with other offers unless expressly stated.
All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice, and can be found at SPG.com.

2005 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc."
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

so, i tried to register. spg.com gave me an alternate. not very lucrative. stay 10 nights and get the equivalent of basically one night free. not exactly comparable to hyatt (stay twice get one night free). plus, the window is crazy short. i'll never stay 10 nights in the next six weeks.

"STAY 10 NIGHTS AND EARN 10,000 BONUS STARPOINTS.

Congratulations. You have successfully completed registration for your Starwood Preferred Guest promotion. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to your e-mail address shortly."

"Terms and Conditions:

Starwood Preferred Guest member must register online or call 1-888-625-4988 and provide registration code 400 to earn 10,000 Starpoints for staying 10 nights during the promotion period.
Registration must be completed no later than 3/15/05.
Eligible stays must be consumed between 2/15/05 and 3/31/05.
Any Starpoints earned will post to the member's account within 4 to 6 weeks after the qualifying stay posts.
This offer may not be combined with other offers unless expressly stated.
All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice, and can be found at SPG.com.

2005 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc"
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:27 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
"STAY 10 NIGHTS AND EARN 10,000 BONUS STARPOINTS.
Maybe you won't but I will. Do you have a link to this?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Braindrain
Maybe you won't but I will. Do you have a link to this?
i think you can also call. the phone number is listed.

i will actually have 10 days but two of them are freebies so i guess i won't qualify.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:33 am

Could someone send the link to this promotion.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

i'm not trying to be difficult with the link...but, everytime i click on it it automatically brings up my friend's email address and spg number. so, i would rather not pass that along.

what's wrong with the good ol' fashioned telephone?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:53 am

I got it

Finally, I get a promo. I missed reupping by PLT for the first time in years by 6-7 nights last year. So they do notice if you start moving your business elsewhere after all.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 12:33 pm

Programs: *Wood - Platinum , HHonors - Diamond, CO - Silver, SWA - Companion Pass
I just called Platinum Concierge to try and sign up for the 441 promotion. They said all promotions can only be registered via SPG website from now on. Does anyone have more information on this, and if this will be an ongoing policy? I personally have never been sent any e-mail with promotions in the past (as a SPG Platinum)
Old Feb 17, 2005, 12:39 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by cli_terp
I just called Platinum Concierge to try and sign up for the 441 promotion. They said all promotions can only be registered via SPG website from now on. Does anyone have more information on this, and if this will be an ongoing policy? I personally have never been sent any e-mail with promotions in the past (as a SPG Platinum)
This is a new policy. From now on, targeted promotions will only be registered using the link provided to the person to which the promotion was intended.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
doesn't work online.. code not found

We are sorry but we were unable to find a match for promotion code 400. To enter a new promotion code, please goback to the special offers main page or search all special offers using the search criteria at left
Same thing for 441

to enter online I went to

spg.com
logged in
special offers (bar across top of page)
promo code (just under the box that say browse special offers by interest)

I entered the two codes and got the above posting

ahh just saw lurkers post

now we know why the website has problems.. all the SPG techies are finding ways to prevent us from registering from untargeted promos.. well at least that explains it
Old Feb 17, 2005, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec, SPG Plat, MR Silver. And a wee bit of everyone else.
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
We are sorry but we were unable to find a match for promotion code 400. To enter a new promotion code, please goback to the special offers main page or search all special offers using the search criteria at left
Same thing for 441

to enter online I went to

spg.com
logged in
special offers (bar across top of page)
promo code (just under the box that say browse special offers by interest)

I entered the two codes and got the above posting

ahh just saw lurkers post

now we know why the website has problems.. all the SPG techies are finding ways to prevent us from registering from untargeted promos.. well at least that explains it
I got the same thing..
Old Feb 17, 2005, 12:55 pm

try http://www.spg.com/promo.
i got the following message :
We're sorry; you are not currently eligible for this Starwood Preferred Guest promotion. Please visit SPG.com for other special offers and promotions.

but maybe others will find something
Old Feb 17, 2005, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec, SPG Plat, MR Silver. And a wee bit of everyone else.
Originally Posted by HM255
try http://www.spg.com/promo.
i got the following message :
We're sorry; you are not currently eligible for this Starwood Preferred Guest promotion. Please visit SPG.com for other special offers and promotions.

but maybe others will find something
which promo was that for? 441 or 400?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 1:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
This is a new policy. From now on, targeted promotions will only be registered using the link provided to the person to which the promotion was intended.
then why do the terms and conditions for a promotion unveiled today list a phone number?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 1:13 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
then why do the terms and conditions for a promotion unveiled today list a phone number?
Because the email drop was set up for delivery a very long time ago and we could not edit it out without affecting the drop date. I have a feeling that any future targeted promotion offers (beyond the 400 series) will not include a telephone call to be part of the call to action.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.