Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Feb. 2005: New Targeted Promo for Double Points/Stay Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feb. 2005: New Targeted Promo for Double Points/Stay Credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2005, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
I can't find a definitive answer to this in the previous pages:

Do award nights count toward the 10/10 promotion?

I only have nine paid nights before March 31st but could change a point night to paid if it means I get 10K points... though I'd rather not.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by notsosmart
I'm almost certain that award nights, including Cash & Points, do not count.

Lurker, feel free to correct me, as I have 2 awards and 4 C&P in the 10/10K period. (and as long as I'm sorta asking - I'm also assuming C&P do not count towards elite status)
Old Feb 22, 2005, 5:48 pm

Programs: Starwood, AA
i have previously registered for triple points promo by phone (did not get a direct email myself, but told the rep the codes i learned through FT). As of now, it's still on my account, although I'm a bit concernced if it will "stick"..
now on www.spg.com/promo, i'm allowed to register for 10night/10K. Has anyone tried to do this? will it supplant the triple miles, or will both get kicked out and i will not be registered for any promo? or will it not do anything since i'm already registered for one 400-series promo.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 6:05 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by notsosmart
I can't find a definitive answer to this in the previous pages:

I only have nine paid nights before March 31st but could change a point night to paid if it means I get 10K points... though I'd rather not.
The stays have to be eligible stays, which means that there must be room rental revenue posted. So, unless the hotel makes a mistake and gives you their reimbursement amount as room rental revenue, then no, they won't count.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 11:18 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Oh, oh.... looks like a repeat of times past. I was interested in the double stay promo, but as I wasn't targeted when I called in I was directed to enter www.spg.com/promo which then brought me to the dreaded 10 stays/earn 10,000 points--- which I DO NOT WANT and had no intention of signing up for!! Now I'm afraid that history will repeat itself and I'll be stuck with this one and thus be ineligble for any upcoming promo. The 10 stays/10,000 points comes up automatically after I entered my SPG number. Thus I didn't know that this would be the promo that I would get. How can I get out of this one??
Old Feb 23, 2005, 11:31 am

10 nights for 10,000 Starpoints is the ME TOO promotion for the 400 series. If you haven't been sent a url to sign up for something else, I would take what is being offered because that will be it for this round.

There will probably be no ME TOO for Q2, so MHO is take what you can get while you can.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 12:27 pm

Arrow Update

Originally Posted by loquillo
William,

10 nights = 10,000 points.
Does that mean that 20 nights will be 20,000 points?

Also, is it through the end of March or end of April? Looks like the triple points and fast elite track was through the end of April.

Thanks,
SPG GMO confirms that this is maximum earn of 10,000 Starpoints, so once you complete 10 eligible nights, you're done.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Old Feb 23, 2005, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
The stays have to be eligible stays, which means that there must be room rental revenue posted.

Hmmm, then perhaps I was wrong. Does this then mean that Cash & Points stays, since I'm paying $60 in room revenue, count for the 10/10K promo and/or elite status?
Old Feb 23, 2005, 7:31 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
they can track that you're increasing/decreasing business...not that you've moved to hilton.
LOL!!! I was unaware that SPG had a crystal ball to see where you were staying!!
Old Feb 23, 2005, 7:36 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by dhammer53
I'm not registering. I too was offered the 10 night - 10k promo. In the past I would have registered if I thought I had a chance of making it...

... but not this time. Let's say a better promo comes along. Last year I was stuck with something I registered for. Then, a different promo came along that was better for me. SPG wouldn't let me change.

So think twice about registering. You may get lucky later on.
I was also offered the 10 night-10 K promo. Since I won't be staying 10 nights during the promo period, I agree with you and decided not to sign up.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 11:12 pm

Darn, I was just hoping I would get something but none worked. Well, I didn't think they would since SPG comp me GOLD this year and I can qualify with just 5 stays for next year but it would have been nice....
So, with Marriot and Hilton both giving bonus points for stays and SPG GOLD stays, I may just need a personal assistance and an accountant just to keep up with all the MR and actual hotel stays for each chain. Life can be so ruff.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 7:58 am
Suspended

For some reason I got lucky on this one and got targetted for the double points/stay credit. With quite a few nights already booked until the end of April I am now busy shuffling hotels around etc. A couple of questions someone can hopefully help with/confirm:

1) Simply put, if I do 13 stays (rather than 12.5) by the end of April I will instantly get Plat, which I assume will then be good for nearly 2 years?

2) If I do a combination of a free night with a paid night (using up one of those free weekend nights) then I will get credit for the paid night as a stay?

Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2005, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, *wood Plat
Originally Posted by FatBoyYVR
For some reason I got lucky on this one and got targetted for the double points/stay credit. With quite a few nights already booked until the end of April I am now busy shuffling hotels around etc. A couple of questions someone can hopefully help with/confirm:

1) Simply put, if I do 13 stays (rather than 12.5) by the end of April I will instantly get Plat, which I assume will then be good for nearly 2 years?
As soon as you reach 25 stays you are PLT through Feb of the next year, and then the following year. So yes you get it for almost two years.

2) If I do a combination of a free night with a paid night (using up one of those free weekend nights) then I will get credit for the paid night as a stay?
I have done this in the past and my paid stay was counted as a stay and a night, (in this case it will count as 2 stays and 2 nights) and my free weekend wasn't counted as anything. No you don't get the benefit of piggybacking the free weekend stay as additional nights. But hey, you're getting two for one, and that's nothing to sneeze at.

Last edited by jkfb1; Feb 24, 2005 at 8:17 am Reason: typint error
Old Feb 24, 2005, 8:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jkfb1
As soon as you reach 25 stays you are PLT through Feb of the next year, and then the following year. So yes you get it for almost two years.

I have done this in the past and my paid stay was counted as a stay and a night, (in this case it will count as 2 stays and 2 nights) and my free weekend wasn't counted as anything. No you don't get the benefit of piggybacking the free weekend stay as additional nights. But hey, you're getting two for one, and that's nothing to sneeze at.
Thanks. Dont worry I wasn't looking to count the free night, just wanted to make sure the paid night would count when combined with it.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, *wood Plat
Thanks. Dont worry I wasn't looking to count the free night, just wanted to make sure the paid night would count when combined with it.
One more caveat. When I've done this I had two confirmation numbers - one for the paid stay and one for the freebie. I don't know if that made a difference. Maybe William or someone else could comment on that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.