Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Feb. 2005: New Targeted Promo for Double Points/Stay Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feb. 2005: New Targeted Promo for Double Points/Stay Credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2005, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by HM255
I got the 10 nights/10,000 points offer.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I got the 10 nights/10,000 also (400).

Hmmm - 10 nights/10K at spg by 3/31, 20 nights/30K at MR 3/1-6/1. Looks like I have some hotel hopping to do.

Lucky for me, I was trying to cram in spg stays to keep PLT for next year before the MR promo starts, and I had 3 stays this week - I suppose a 2/14-2/15 stay doesn't count, eh? (I assume "Eligible stays must be consumed between 2/15/05 and 3/31/05." means this is the period for qualifying stays)

Last edited by CPRich; Feb 17, 2005 at 1:39 pm Reason: 10 nights, not 10 stays - much easier
Old Feb 17, 2005, 2:06 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
So i wonder if this is "compatible" with the triple miles (code 420) promo that I've just registered for? Does anyone know? I think i heard that you can only register for one 4-series promo... but i wonder if i should call back and try to change...which would be better?

I've got 10 stays in that time period, all at around $200 a night and then I normally have about $60 in food too. I can't figure out how the triple points thing works, but I suspect it gives me another about 520 pts (on 260 base points) which would only net me 5200 points over the 10 stays. Is that the correct math?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by stephem
So i wonder if this is "compatible" with the triple miles (code 420) promo that I've just registered for? Does anyone know? I think i heard that you can only register for one 4-series promo... but i wonder if i should call back and try to change...which would be better?

I've got 10 stays in that time period, all at around $200 a night and then I normally have about $60 in food too. I can't figure out how the triple points thing works, but I suspect it gives me another about 520 pts (on 260 base points) which would only net me 5200 points over the 10 stays. Is that the correct math?
I just tried to register for this promo and the website stated that since I was registered for promo 412, I could not register for this. 412 was/is triple points from 1/11/05 and 2/28/05. So I would think that only one 400 series promo per person is what is allowed ...and fair I guess.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by stephem

Great question. I got targeted for the double points/double stays promotion and signed up, but was previously signed up for the triple points promotion. Hopefully I'll get the best of both worlds with double stays/triple points. We'll see.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:41 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, PC, M, M&M, V
Smile first 420, now 400, but i like 441

Originally Posted by vthokies
Great question. I got targeted for the double points/double stays promotion and signed up, but was previously signed up for the triple points promotion. Hopefully I'll get the best of both worlds with double stays/triple points. We'll see.
I had two stay in 02/2005, after call the customers center i get for two stay triple points (420). one night later i had my third stay in 02/2005. But until now, i don't got the triple points for this stay.
When I go to www.spg.com/promo, they invited me to 400 -> i don't fill out
What is whis my account? 420 or 400 or nothing?
I like 441 or 420, but not 400.
Maybe its the beginning of the year i like 441 more, but i thing 420 is better for me

Almschi
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:54 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I'm online with the Plat Concierge right now and they told me that while the 420 triple miles code is in my account "it wont stick" because it was manually entered, I wasn't invited and in any event it was meant for Golds only. He advised me to sign up for the 400 promotion, which suits me better anyway. He suggested that people who had called up and had a code manually entered would not remain entered for long. The only way to find out what you are actually eligible is by visiting the /promos link listed in an earlier thread. New rules... apparently people had (1) been doubling and triple dipping on promos and (2) many people qualified for gold/plat based on double stay codes that weren't intended for them. He made it sound like there are more golds/plats than there should be b/c of this.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:57 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Was able to register for the 10 stays/10K points.. absolutely worthless for me.. another disapointment..
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
We are sorry but we were unable to find a match for promotion code 400. To enter a new promotion code, please goback to the special offers main page or search all special offers using the search criteria at left
Same thing for 441

to enter online I went to

spg.com
logged in
special offers (bar across top of page)
promo code (just under the box that say browse special offers by interest)

I entered the two codes and got the above posting
You had better luck than I did. I got the following response:

Error 500: Unable to compile class for JSPAn exception has occurred in the compiler (1.4.2_06). Please file a bug at the Java Developer Connection (http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi) after checking the Bug Parade for duplicates. Include your program and the following diagnostic in your report. Thank you. java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.zip.ZipEntry at com.sun.tools.javac.v8.util.Name$Table.make(Name.j ava:352) at com.sun.tools.javac.v8.util.Name$Table.instance(Na me.java:372) at com.sun.tools.javac.v8.code.Symtab.<init>(Sy mtab.java:240) at com.sun.tools.javac.v8.code.Symtab.instance(Symtab .java:35) at com.sun.tools.javac.v8.JavaCompiler.make(JavaCompi ler.java:114) at com.sun.tools.javac.v8.Main.compile(Main.java:566) at com.sun.tools.javac.Main.compile(Main.java:47) at org.apache.jasper.compiler.SunJavaCompiler.compile (SunJavaCompiler.java:217) at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compil er.java:293) at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compil er.java:129) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.loa dJSP(JspServlet.java:956) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet$Jsp ServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:285 ) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet$Jsp ServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:317) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.ser viceJspFile(JspServlet.java:683) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.ser vice(JspServlet.java:781) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInsta nce.doService(StrictServletInstance.java:110) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleSer vlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:174) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServicingServletSt ate.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:333) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleSer vlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:116) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.se rvice(ServletInstance.java:283) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletRefere nceState.dispatch(ValidServletReferenceState.java: 42) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstanceRef erence.dispatch(ServletInstanceReference.java:40) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher. java:1019) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:592) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.include(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:257) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.includ e(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:991) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.include( PageContextImpl.java:470) at com.starwood.tags.IncludeTag.doEndTag(Unknown Source) at org.apache.jsp._spg_5F_SpecialOffers_5F_Home._jspS ervice(_spg_5F_SpecialOffers_5F_Home.java:162) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.se rvice(HttpJspBase.java:89) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet$Jsp ServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:344) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.ser viceJspFile(JspServlet.java:683) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.ser vice(JspServlet.java:781) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInsta nce.doService(StrictServletInstance.java:110) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleSer vlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:174) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServicingServletSt ate.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:333) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleSer vlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:116) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.se rvice(ServletInstance.java:283) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletRefere nceState.dispatch(ValidServletReferenceState.java: 42) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstanceRef erence.dispatch(ServletInstanceReference.java:40) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher. java:1019) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:592) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.include(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:257) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.includ e(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:991) at org.apache.jsp._site_5F_rendered_5F_content._jspSe rvice(_site_5F_rendered_5F_content.java:145) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.se rvice(HttpJspBase.java:89) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet$Jsp ServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:344) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.ser viceJspFile(JspServlet.java:683) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.ser vice(JspServlet.java:781) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInsta nce.doService(StrictServletInstance.java:110) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleSer vlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:174) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServicingServletSt ate.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:333) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleSer vlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:116) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.se rvice(ServletInstance.java:283) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletRefere nceState.dispatch(ValidServletReferenceState.java: 42) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstanceRef erence.dispatch(ServletInstanceReference.java:40) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher. java:1019) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:592) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.include(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:257) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.includ e(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:991) at org.apache.jsp._layout4._jspService(_layout4.java: 446) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.se rvice(HttpJspBase.java:89) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet$Jsp ServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:344) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.ser viceJspFile(JspServlet.java:683) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.ser vice(JspServlet.java:781) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInsta nce.doService(StrictServletInstance.java:110) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleSer vlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:174) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.IdleServletState.s ervice(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:313) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleSer vlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:116) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.se rvice(ServletInstance.java:283) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletRefere nceState.dispatch(ValidServletReferenceState.java: 42) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstanceRef erence.dispatch(ServletInstanceReference.java:40) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher. java:1019) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:592) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:204) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForwar d(RequestProcessor.java:1069) at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doFo rward(TilesRequestProcessor.java:274) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processF orwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:455) at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.proc essForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java:320) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process( RequestProcessor.java:279) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(Act ionServlet.java:1482) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionSe
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:12 pm

Programs: MR PL, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-LIst, National EE
This is not good for me + *Wood....

I was only offered the 10 stay/10K promo. The kick to me is not only just how poor this offer is an attempt to retain my business, but the short window of opportunity to even earn the bonus. I know that they can't see that this doesn't really FIT my travel plans, but a bonus that would run through May or even April would really help me out.

Let me get this straight -- I also just registered for my Marriott bonus. I get 5k bonus for every three stays, up to 25k bonus -- through the end of May! Plus, I got bumped down from Plat to Gold, so they are also offering me a challenge of staying 18 nights by the end of May. This is starting to look like a no-brainer to me.

The only problem is that I like the *wood program much more than MR, but this is just not right. MR is trying to woo me back, and it seems like *wood is taking my business a little for granted.

Stevekoe
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:20 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, PC, M, M&M, V
Originally Posted by stevekoe
I was only offered the 10 stay/10K promo. The kick to me is not only just how poor this offer is an attempt to retain my business, but the short window of opportunity to even earn the bonus. I know that they can't see that this doesn't really FIT my travel plans, but a bonus that would run through May or even April would really help me out.

Let me get this straight -- I also just registered for my Marriott bonus. I get 5k bonus for every three stays, up to 25k bonus -- through the end of May! Plus, I got bumped down from Plat to Gold, so they are also offering me a challenge of staying 18 nights by the end of May. This is starting to look like a no-brainer to me.

The only problem is that I like the *wood program much more than MR, but this is just not right. MR is trying to woo me back, and it seems like *wood is taking my business a little for granted.

Stevekoe
for me nearly the same. But not Marriott, Hilton give me a big bonus (triple base points!) for every stay and 10 points for every minute i call with my mobil (until 12/2005)

Starrwood i like you, but at this time it's hard to book you.....

Almschi
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:26 pm

William,

10 nights = 10,000 points.
Does that mean that 20 nights will be 20,000 points?

Also, is it through the end of March or end of April? Looks like the triple points and fast elite track was through the end of April.

Thanks,
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
420 huh

Isn't that the smoke a bone promo???
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Isn't that the smoke a bone promo???
funny. @:-)
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:39 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by loquillo
William,

10 nights = 10,000 points.
Does that mean that 20 nights will be 20,000 points?

Also, is it through the end of March or end of April? Looks like the triple points and fast elite track was through the end of April.

Thanks,
This is 400. The promotion period is clearly identified for it: Eligible stays must be consumed between 2/15/05 and 3/31/05.

As I understand it, there will only be one 10,000 Starpoints bonus for 10 nights during the promotion period. 11+ nights still = 10,000 bonus Starpoints. If I find out differently, then I will come back and update this thread; however, I would work on this assumption until then.

"STAY 10 NIGHTS AND EARN 10,000 BONUS STARPOINTS.

Congratulations. You have successfully completed registration for your Starwood Preferred Guest® promotion. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to your e-mail address shortly."

"Terms and Conditions:

Starwood Preferred Guest member must register online or call 1-888-625-4988 and provide registration code 400 to earn 10,000 Starpoints for staying 10 nights during the promotion period.
Registration must be completed no later than 3/15/05.
Eligible stays must be consumed between 2/15/05 and 3/31/05.
Any Starpoints earned will post to the member's account within 4 to 6 weeks after the qualifying stay posts.
This offer may not be combined with other offers unless expressly stated.
All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice, and can be found at SPG.com.

© 2005 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc"

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Feb 17, 2005 at 4:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.