Triple Point Promotion

Old Feb 4, 05, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Triple Point Promotion

"Now you can enjoy triple starpoints on all stays thru March 31, 2005, when you register now through February 28, 2005."

Do Platinum members receive an additional three points per dollar to the double starpoints they are currently receiving or do you only receive one additional starpoint for each dollar under this promotion?
Old Feb 4, 05, 10:49 am

Programs: UA1P MM, Mar Gld, SPG Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by doctor
"Now you can enjoy triple starpoints on all stays thru March 31, 2005, when you register now through February 28, 2005."

Do Platinum members receive an additional three points per dollar to the double starpoints they are currently receiving or do you only receive one additional starpoint for each dollar under this promotion?
How about a little more info?
Old Feb 4, 05, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres

doctor, I received this promo in Jan and have had two stays count towards the promo. I'm not sure how to calculate the points but here are the results on my account:
Hotel: 4 Points Allentown
Price: $82 per night

Plat Amenity 250
Points 164
SPG Elite 82
Triple Starpoints 328

I can't figure it out, seems like it's Quadruple of the base points not Triple but I'll take whatever points I can get.
Old Feb 4, 05, 11:16 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
doctor, I received this promo in Jan and have had two stays count towards the promo. I'm not sure how to calculate the points but here are the results on my account:
Hotel: 4 Points Allentown
Price: $82 per night

Plat Amenity 250
Points 164
SPG Elite 82
Triple Starpoints 328

I can't figure it out, seems like it's Quadruple of the base points not Triple but I'll take whatever points I can get.
Base points = 164 + (to make) Triple points = 328 = 492

It should really be 164 X 3 = 492, or three times the base points.

I'm sure we haven't heard the last regarding the confusion that surrounds these types of offers.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 4, 05, 11:34 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=Starwood Lurker]Base points = 164 + (to make) Triple points = 328 = 492

It should really be 164 X 3 = 492, or three times the base points.

Lurker,
In addition to the 492 points are you entitled to 82 SPG Elite points as a Platinum?

MIKEM,
This offer is not transferable.
Old Feb 4, 05, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
So I take it that this was targeted?
Old Feb 4, 05, 11:57 am

Lurker,
In addition to the 492 points are you entitled to 82 SPG Elite points as a Platinum?...
Yes, of course. Platinum or Gold. fireworksboy got his. I just took it out of the equation to show what is tripled - the base points, not the elite member bonus.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 4, 05, 12:43 pm

triple point promo link

Any one have the link for the triple pt promo? Am Platinum and pissed that I wasn't contacted by SPG with this promo.
Old Feb 4, 05, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Yes, of course. Platinum or Gold. fireworksboy got his. I just took it out of the equation to show what is tripled - the base points, not the elite member bonus.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

William, are you saying that I'll be receiving more points or not? Now I'm confused. I figured I either got too many or too few points but didn't know if it would ever be corrected.
Old Feb 4, 05, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Starwood SPG Platinum, Fairmont Premier
Is that a domestic promo or worldwide? I'd love to use that before my trip to London next week so I can get something worthwhile out of the sucky exchange rate...
Old Feb 4, 05, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
William, are you saying that I'll be receiving more points or not? Now I'm confused. I figured I either got too many or too few points but didn't know if it would ever be corrected.
I'm saying that you got exactly what you deserved, so there is no need for any correction.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Old Feb 4, 05, 2:11 pm

Programs: CO Plat, *wood Plat
William, Starwood can guarantee top votes from me in the Freddie's this year by signing me up for this promo! I'm not above a bribe of this magnitude....

Geoffrion
Old Feb 4, 05, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I'm saying that you got exactly what you deserved, so there is no need for any correction.
That's what I thought and believe me it's OK with me. When I received the promo I moved about 15 nights away from another chain and booked with *wood. So for what it's worth, the motivating factor of the promo worked on me.
Old Feb 4, 05, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by geoffriong
William, Starwood can guarantee top votes from me in the Freddie's this year by signing me up for this promo! I'm not above a bribe of this magnitude....

Geoffrion
I wish I could, but it's targeted, and it's against company policy to add it to an account for which it was never intended.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Old Feb 4, 05, 2:36 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum / PC Gold
William,

I guess the promo budget must be quite low these days...when do you start the new financial year? It has been pretty quiet on the promo front lately...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: