Triple Point Promotion

 
Old Feb 4, 05, 10:43 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 210
Triple Point Promotion

"Now you can enjoy triple starpoints on all stays thru March 31, 2005, when you register now through February 28, 2005."

Do Platinum members receive an additional three points per dollar to the double starpoints they are currently receiving or do you only receive one additional starpoint for each dollar under this promotion?
doctor is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 10:49 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: LAX CA
Programs: UA1P MM, Mar Gld, SPG Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Posts: 2,535
Originally Posted by doctor
"Now you can enjoy triple starpoints on all stays thru March 31, 2005, when you register now through February 28, 2005."

Do Platinum members receive an additional three points per dollar to the double starpoints they are currently receiving or do you only receive one additional starpoint for each dollar under this promotion?
How about a little more info?
MIKEM is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 11:04 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Posts: 20,684
Originally Posted by doctor
"Now you can enjoy triple starpoints on all stays thru March 31, 2005, when you register now through February 28, 2005."

Do Platinum members receive an additional three points per dollar to the double starpoints they are currently receiving or do you only receive one additional starpoint for each dollar under this promotion?
doctor, I received this promo in Jan and have had two stays count towards the promo. I'm not sure how to calculate the points but here are the results on my account:
Hotel: 4 Points Allentown
Price: $82 per night

Plat Amenity 250
Points 164
SPG Elite 82
Triple Starpoints 328

I can't figure it out, seems like it's Quadruple of the base points not Triple but I'll take whatever points I can get.
fireworksboy is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 11:16 am
  #4  
Company Representative - Starwood
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Austin, Texas
Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Posts: 31,593
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
doctor, I received this promo in Jan and have had two stays count towards the promo. I'm not sure how to calculate the points but here are the results on my account:
Hotel: 4 Points Allentown
Price: $82 per night

Plat Amenity 250
Points 164
SPG Elite 82
Triple Starpoints 328

I can't figure it out, seems like it's Quadruple of the base points not Triple but I'll take whatever points I can get.
Base points = 164 + (to make) Triple points = 328 = 492

It should really be 164 X 3 = 492, or three times the base points.

I'm sure we haven't heard the last regarding the confusion that surrounds these types of offers.

Sincerely,


William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Starwood Lurker is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 11:34 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 210
[QUOTE=Starwood Lurker]Base points = 164 + (to make) Triple points = 328 = 492

It should really be 164 X 3 = 492, or three times the base points.


Lurker,
In addition to the 492 points are you entitled to 82 SPG Elite points as a Platinum?

MIKEM,
This offer is not transferable.
doctor is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 11:43 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Posts: 13,886
So I take it that this was targeted?
notsosmart is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 11:57 am
  #7  
Company Representative - Starwood
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Austin, Texas
Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Posts: 31,593
Originally Posted by doctor

Lurker,
In addition to the 492 points are you entitled to 82 SPG Elite points as a Platinum?...
Yes, of course. Platinum or Gold. fireworksboy got his. I just took it out of the equation to show what is tripled - the base points, not the elite member bonus.

Sincerely,


William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Starwood Lurker is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 12:43 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 26
triple point promo link

Any one have the link for the triple pt promo? Am Platinum and pissed that I wasn't contacted by SPG with this promo.
islandseeker is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 12:52 pm
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Posts: 20,684
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Yes, of course. Platinum or Gold. fireworksboy got his. I just took it out of the equation to show what is tripled - the base points, not the elite member bonus.

Sincerely,


William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
William, are you saying that I'll be receiving more points or not? Now I'm confused. I figured I either got too many or too few points but didn't know if it would ever be corrected.
fireworksboy is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 1:53 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Irvine, CA USA
Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Starwood SPG Platinum, Fairmont Premier
Posts: 260
Is that a domestic promo or worldwide? I'd love to use that before my trip to London next week so I can get something worthwhile out of the sucky exchange rate...
EquityMind is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 1:59 pm
  #11  
Company Representative - Starwood
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Austin, Texas
Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Posts: 31,593
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
William, are you saying that I'll be receiving more points or not? Now I'm confused. I figured I either got too many or too few points but didn't know if it would ever be corrected.
I'm saying that you got exactly what you deserved, so there is no need for any correction.

Sincerely,


William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Starwood Lurker is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 2:11 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IND
Programs: CO Plat, *wood Plat
Posts: 90
William, Starwood can guarantee top votes from me in the Freddie's this year by signing me up for this promo! I'm not above a bribe of this magnitude....

Geoffrion
geoffriong is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 2:13 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Posts: 20,684
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I'm saying that you got exactly what you deserved, so there is no need for any correction.
That's what I thought and believe me it's OK with me. When I received the promo I moved about 15 nights away from another chain and booked with *wood. So for what it's worth, the motivating factor of the promo worked on me.
fireworksboy is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 2:17 pm
  #14  
Company Representative - Starwood
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Austin, Texas
Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Posts: 31,593
Originally Posted by geoffriong
William, Starwood can guarantee top votes from me in the Freddie's this year by signing me up for this promo! I'm not above a bribe of this magnitude....

Geoffrion
I wish I could, but it's targeted, and it's against company policy to add it to an account for which it was never intended.

Sincerely,


William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Starwood Lurker is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 2:36 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: YUL-YQB-BTV
Programs: SPG Platinum / PC Gold
Posts: 4,342
William,

I guess the promo budget must be quite low these days...when do you start the new financial year? It has been pretty quiet on the promo front lately...
Super Larry is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: