Did I get my Platinum welcome gift?

Old Jan 15, 2005, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA,SPG,HH,BA,Hawaiian
Did I get my Platinum welcome gift?

Hello,

Last December my husband and I spent three days at the Moana Surfrider in Honolulu. We had a wonderfull time and were upgraded to a great suite. The staff was great at check in, but I don't recall any questions about welcome gifts. I too excited about the upgrade to care. Later I assumed that we would receive the bonus points.

Below is what showed up on the account from that stay.

SPG ELITE 50% BONUS Dec 14, 2004 +323
SHERATON MOANA SURFRIDER
Dec 10, 2004 - Dec 12, 2004 Dec 14, 2004 +646

Sorry if this a stupid question, but, did we get the welcome gift bonus points?
We are new to the SPG Platinum program.
Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2005, 11:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
If you were platinum at the time, you should have received your choice of platinum amenity. If you didn't make that choice, you should be able to get the 500 points credited to your account by contacting SPG via e-mail or phone call.

Last edited by ldsant; Jan 15, 2005 at 11:44 am Reason: Personal attack on another member
Old Jan 15, 2005, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by cinnywoo
Below is what showed up on the account from that stay.

SPG ELITE 50% BONUS Dec 14, 2004 +323
SHERATON MOANA SURFRIDER
Dec 10, 2004 - Dec 12, 2004 Dec 14, 2004 +646

Sorry if this a stupid question, but, did we get the welcome gift bonus points?
We are new to the SPG Platinum program.
Thanks!
No you didn't, it would have read as follows:

PLATINUM 500 THANK YOU AMENITY Jan 05, 2005 +500
(with the correct date).
Old Jan 15, 2005, 5:27 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, lowly UA Silver
I have had problems with not being asked and not getting my plat amenity at this hotel a few times. Usually an easy fix during or after my stay.
Old Jan 15, 2005, 6:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by bigjim
If you were platinum at the time, you should have received your choice of platinum amenity. If you didn't make that choice, you should be able to get the 500 points credited to your account by contacting SPG via e-mail or phone call.
I apologize to the original poster if something that I said was offensive to them. The moderator edited my post without even bringing to my attention that there was or had been a problem. I was trying to say that I was surprised that the original poster was unable to tell if they had not received their appropriate platinum amenity points because they obviously had spent a lot of time in Starwood hotels. I did not intend this as a personal attack on anyone.

If there is something wrong with this post, which I am saving for future review, I would appreciate that an explanation be provided by whoever edits my post.
Old Jan 15, 2005, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by bigjim
I apologize to the original poster if something that I said was offensive to them. The moderator edited my post without even bringing to my attention that there was or had been a problem. I was trying to say that I was surprised that the original poster was unable to tell if they had not received their appropriate platinum amenity points because they obviously had spent a lot of time in Starwood hotels. I did not intend this as a personal attack on anyone.

If there is something wrong with this post, which I am saving for future review, I would appreciate that an explanation be provided by whoever edits my post.
Just FYI, and THIS is not a personal attack on anyone either, nor is it a complaint: It seems to be standard operating procedure for posts to be edited by moderators without informing the poster via e-mail or PM that there is a problem. It happens all the time.
Old Jan 15, 2005, 11:35 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I believe that this thread has become a discussion of Moderation and not on topic, and so am closing it.

Markie - Moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.