What is "V3" status

Old Jan 6, 05, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

What is "V3" status

I recently completed a stay at a Starwood resort. I tried to checkin early (around 11AM) and upon checkin, the desk clerk called the manager to check if the room was ready. I clearly remember the desk clerk saying "I have a V3 here, is the room ready for VIP status". What's a "V3", I assume this refers to my status, but I'm just a run-of-the-mill Platinum with just barely 50 nights in '04. Is there such a thing as different platinum levels (V1, V2, V3)?
Old Jan 6, 05, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Purely a guess, but maybe V1 Preferred, V2 Gold, V3 Platinum? It is probably something that the particular resort came up with though instead of being SPG-wide.

Last edited by bigjim; Jan 6, 05 at 4:59 pm
Old Jan 6, 05, 4:56 pm
Suspended

I am plat and had V3 next to my name at the Westin Whistler last weekend, I assumed it meant Platinum.
Old Jan 6, 05, 7:41 pm

Was the room booked for 3 people? When I checked into a Hyatt I had 4 people and when they called to see if my room was ready they said they had a V4 witch I think = VIP 4 people staying in room?
Old Jan 7, 05, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
In the hotels PMS (property management system) which is called Fidelio (for Starwood proeprties and other) there is a VIP box in every reservation. It can be set as mandatory field eg.V0- regular Guest, V2 Gold etc etc. At my property (Not Starwood) we use it to clasify how high VIP-- V6 for instance is VIP per GM -.
Old Jan 7, 05, 1:41 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by geadnic
I recently completed a stay at a Starwood resort. I tried to checkin early (around 11AM) and upon checkin, the desk clerk called the manager to check if the room was ready. I clearly remember the desk clerk saying "I have a V3 here, is the room ready for VIP status". What's a "V3", I assume this refers to my status, but I'm just a run-of-the-mill Platinum with just barely 50 nights in '04. Is there such a thing as different platinum levels (V1, V2, V3)?

Well, I have been told by my Starwood friends that V1 & V2 don't mean anything...but that V3 means "Starwood Platinum" and V5 means "Starwood VIP" (which is the elusive level above platinum that none of us have been asked to join). Just like the previous poster commented...the codes are used in the hotel's booking system.
Old Jan 11, 05, 1:08 pm

I am also staying at the Whistler Westin. I have a V3 next to my name too.
Old Jan 12, 05, 1:53 am

As other posters have mentioned, my guess would be V3 = Plat. It might also be a code accounting use as a multiplying factor for the number of bonus points to post to your account.

The VIP check-in part is likely the room walk-through by a manager at the Westin Whistler prior to checking in a Plat to make sure house-keeping have everything properly sorted.

Last edited by ConsultantFlyer; Jan 12, 05 at 1:55 am
Old Jan 12, 05, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And to think...I coulda hadda V8!
Old Jan 12, 05, 10:51 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by moulder3
Well, I have been told by my Starwood friends that V1 & V2 don't mean anything...
And V2 is SPG Gold? Figures...
Old Jan 28, 05, 6:40 am

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
"YYZLHR" is correct. As a former FOM for a Starwood property (who used Fidelio), V3 simply denotes "VIP" & type (2=Gold, 3=Platinum, etc.).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: