Wiki Posts
Search

Having problems with spg.com???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Wink Having problems with spg.com???

If you are running into problems, instead of typing www.spg.com in your browser, type in http://129.33.31.73

This will hit the site directly and bypass any DNS problems.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Thanks - I was wondering whether it was just me.

"Redirection limit for this URL exceeded" - Thanks for the clear error message
Old Nov 18, 2004, 4:22 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Having problems with spg.com? That is an understatement. I'm tearing my hair out! If someone can help me I'd be very appreciative....

This is what I've been experiencing since yesterday - I go to spg.com. I then get an error box saying something to the effect of "There is a problem with the site's security certificate - Do you want to proceed", I click yes. Then I get the ubiquitous box "This page contains both secure and nonsecure items. Do you want to proceed" I click YES. Then I sign in.

Yesterday when I encountered the above I was able to view my reservations but when I clicked the top left "Home" button it logged me out.

Today, I can look at one reservation but when I hit the back button on my computer, or the "Return to reservations" on the specific reservation page, or any other tab on the site I'm then logged out brought back to the sign in page! This has been going on all day.

Arghhhhhh!

Can someone offer help? (And please know that I'm basically computer illiterate so please keep it simple...)

Old Nov 18, 2004, 4:32 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Internet Help Desk: 888-625-5144, option 3.

If they can't help you, I certainly can't. Anything more mechanical than a banana is a problem for me.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Nov 18, 2004, 9:03 pm

Programs: HP Gold, Delta, NWA PE Southwest RR, SPG, Marriot, Hilton Gold
Missing the point

Starwood Lurker is missing the point. The SPG web site is down more often then it is up. I made reservation today then went to check into the hotel and they had no records. It took three tries to bring it back up on my computer.

This problem needs to be solved.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 9:06 pm

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
I dont think he is missing the point - he is referring them to the appropriate party. The guy doesnt run the whole company - let alone the tech department. Cut the guy some slack.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 9:16 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Lurker is by far the most helpful customer service person out of all the hotels and airlines. By a long shot.

The hompeage sucks and its really starwoods fault. I just called them today, and the person on the other line got the exact same problem that I did. I left it with them. Sadly, I know that their homepage is hardly a high priority.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.