Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Jakarta, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yosithezet
Print Wikipost

The Westin Jakarta, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
FYI. The Westin Club Lounge is now open. As well as the gym and pool.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
any field reports? Went to up JKT recently and thoroughly enjoyed Keraton, keen to get views on how Westin compares!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:10 am

Will stay at both this week and will report.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Stayed at the hotel a day prior to new years eve. If you like glass and metal, the room is beautiful. But it is a typical new 5* hotel. The service is as expected, however the quality of food and drinks, is subpar at best.

Plats are given a choice of breakfast in the lounge or cafe. The selection at the cafe is huge, however the taste is bland and tasteless. Wife actually ordered warm water, and was given cold water instead. 3 waiters asked what I wanted, and nobody delivered the tea I ordered.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 5:11 pm

Forgot to write about this. Best feature about the hotel for me is its quietness. No outside noise as rooms are pretty high up (50th and above IIRC), no noise from corridors either. Shower water pressure is not bad, but drain is not perfect. My room still had a tad of new smell (not in a good way).

Tried to have dinner at the restaurant, but on a Thursday evening, it was completely full. Menu at the deli off the reception was very limited.

Huge variety of items for breakfast. I don't recall anything fantastic or horrible about it.

All in all, a welcome addition to SPG family. I still like Keraton better, even though I encountered a lot of problems on my last stay last month. If I have to rank, my top 3 Jakarta's SPG hotels would be Keraton, Sheraton Gandaria, then Westin.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott - Platinum/LTG | KF *G QPPS (working on TPPS) | OZ - Diamond Plus
The Westin Jakarta, Indonesia

Westin Jakarta

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Westin Jakarta

Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said Kav.C-22 A Jakarta, 12940

The Westin Jakarta, Indonesia (7 Photos)

Westin Jakarta

Somewhat belated review so some of the details may be a little hazy, but in general I enjoyed this new addition to the SPG options in Jakarta. 

I arrived in late-Jan for a 2 night stay on an opening offer rate of IDR 1.8M++. As the hotel was still in its soft-launch phase, there was only limited availability of room types and I wasn't offered any upgrade on check-in. Given my meeting schedule and since I was traveling alone I didn't expect to need too large a room, so this wasn't a big deal. 

Check-in was handled smoothly. I had also been corresponding with the guest relations team regarding a kueh lapis delivery which I was expecting while staying at the hotel, and they had alerted the front desk so that final arrangements could be made on check-in. This eventually went without a hitch (I wasn't able to be at the hotel during the delivery hours, and hotel staff sent the lapis up to my room). 

Room

My room (on the 60th floor) was up to the usual Westin standard - heavenly bed, full bath and shower, good sized desk for doing a bit of work, etc. All in mint condition since the property is new (though the hot water flow/temperature was a little inconsistent; par for the course in most of Indonesia). Amenities were all standard Westin product (e.g. leaf-shaped bars of soap).

1_Photo Jan 25, 17 20 26.jpg

I appreciated the view of the city (not that Jakarta's that much to look at!)

Photo Jan 25, 17 22 29.jpg

One nice (non-standard) touch was the mini walk-in wardrobe, which helped me to keep my clothes in one spot (instead of strewn around the room.) Couldn't figure out how to make this photo appear upright - sorry!

1_Photo Jan 25, 17 42 04.jpg

Dining

Breakfast is at the Seasonal Tastes restaurant and is reasonably good quality for Jakarta - there's a wide selection of local and international food and fresh fruit, all of decent (though not exceptional) quality. The one part of the breakfast offering which was special to me was the cold plate yoghurt/ice-cream and granola mix (think Cold Stone with a slightly healthier choice of ingredients). Unfortunately in Jakarta (as in much of Southeast Asia) the humidity means the plate constantly has a layer of ice on it which affects the quality of the outcome, and it was hard for the outcome to be served really cold as well - which meant this was just an interesting idea, not exceptionally well executed. 

Photo Jan 25, 17 56 49.jpg

I didn't eat anything else at the hotel.

The Westin isn't at the heart of town, but neither is it so far out as to be remote. I found its location suitable for me (many of my meetings were in the SCBD/Gandaria area, which was easier to get to from the Westin than a more central location. The main drawback is that because it is still relatively new, taxi/uber drivers are often not sure where it is. I found it helpful to direct them to Gama Tower, via Jalan Epicentrum. The view from the lobby was pretty good at night (my hastily taken photo doesn't do it justice).

Photo Jan 26, 19 54 54.jpg

Facilities

One drawback is that there aren't many facilities at the Westin (perhaps this will have changed by now, but it was the case during my stay). I used the gym once - it was equipped with many elliptical trainers and treadmills but not much else. 

Photo Jan 26, 18 48 41.jpg

Also, the gym door had no real access control. This is the view from inside the gym: there was a button (presumably to unlock the door) on the inside, but the door was not actually locked at any time when I was there.Photo Jan 26, 18 49 54.jpgt

Overall

The Westin Jakarta is a fairly standard Westin hotel, and a reasonably good example of the brand (when new). I enjoyed my stay and would choose it again if the price were right - i.e. if The Hermitage was much more expensive. Your mileage may vary depending on the location and purpose of trip - for my purposes it was perfect this time, but (at least at the time I stayed there) it lacked the charm, luxury or full service offered at some other Jakarta properties. 

The Westin Jakarta, Indonesia

Would you like to write a review on the Westin Jakarta ?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:56 am

Thanks for the review.

Are you sure about that rate? 180k rupiah is about US$15.00. Do you mean 1.8 million?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott - Platinum/LTG | KF *G QPPS (working on TPPS) | OZ - Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by camsean
Thanks for the review.

Are you sure about that rate? 180k rupiah is about US$15.00. Do you mean 1.8 million?
You're absolutely right - I missed a zero. corrected the post now.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
any one has stayed in this property recently? any suite upgrade for platinum?

how about the club lounge?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by lingua101

I'm still here, booked the normal room was upgraded to westin renewal room. Which is a normal room at the corner so its a little bit bigger

Club lounge had some sandwich yesterday around 3 and served hot food from 6-10
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by sandyph
I'm still here, booked the normal room was upgraded to westin renewal room. Which is a normal room at the corner so its a little bit bigger

So no suite?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:15 am

So no suite?

Not for me. They said due to full occupancies
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:51 am

Not for me. They said due to full occupancies
serious..... did you check?

I haven't heard anyone get upgraded to suite in this hotel.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:00 am

serious..... did you check?

I haven't heard anyone get upgraded to suite in this hotel.

Well, full occupancies is their reason for only upgrading me to the renewal room.

I wouldnt know whether that is true or not
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
How is the choice of drinks? Any fresh juices? Champagne, whisky, cognac?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.