Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Princeville Villas timeshare offers

Discussion of Princeville Villas timeshare offers

Old Jan 24, 2005, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Originally Posted by smcmona
I just returned from Princeville (great upgrade to Junior Suite!) where we purchased into the SVO deal on Maui. I was given a "Friendship Program" sheet where I list names and addresses of friend who will be contacted and offered the 5 night/Avis car deal. So, if anyone wants to be on the list, please send me your name/address/phone and I will add you to my frienship list.
YGPM
Old Jan 24, 2005, 8:01 pm

I just returned from Princeville (great upgrade to Junior Suite!) where we purchased into the SVO deal on Maui. I was given a "Friendship Program" sheet where I list names and addresses of friend who will be contacted and offered the 5 night/Avis car deal. So, if anyone wants to be on the list, please send me your name/address/phone and I will add you to my frienship list.

YGPM thanks...
Old Jan 24, 2005, 8:13 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Plat, SPG Gold
You have PM! Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 9:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plat and that is that!
Yhm

YGPM! Thanks for the info!

On a similar note, I am an owner at the Harborside Resort at Atlantis. We are headed there next month...first time for us personally using it since we bought it. I had seen similar referral programs for "friends" for Harborside and referred a couple friends last year; however, at the beginning of this year (which was really months ago for the lead time in booking) they changed the offer tremendously; it used to be closer to this; around $749 for 4 nights at the Harborside Resort - the timeshare part of Atlantis; but now, if I recall correctly, it is closer to $1199 for 5 nights in the Beach Tower; I am not 100% on that but I recall that in general, it was only mildly better than rack rate and not nearly as worth it.

Anyways - to me the beauty of SVO is the ability to exchange. Yes, the maintenance is high. I have been looking at purchases to add to my StarOptions pool and have noticed a tremendous variation in the yearly maintenance fee; in other words, I kinda am getting pummeled by the Bahamas maint fee b/c of the hurricanes, etc. We pay nearly $800/year for the smallest unit, which is the same, as mentioned earlier, as the largest unit in Arizona. If I were to buy for the sake of getting exchange options instead of a place to visit yearly, if maint fee is a concern clearly based on the pricing SVO has given me, Arizona is the place to buy. Florida locations are cheaper but have higher maint fees.

Anyways - so far we are a fan of SVO. $800/year plus the original purchase price buys us 7 nights at Atlantis every year...or more if we go in mid or low season.

Good luck to all!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 9:32 pm

Programs: WN A+CP, UAL, Marriott LTPPE

YGPM
Old Jan 25, 2005, 11:45 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallian
smcmona, sending you a PM right now. YOU'RE AWESOME! :-)

Old Jan 25, 2005, 11:51 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Just sent you a PM. Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 12:34 pm

if you still have one...

I would appreciate one of the 'invites'

thanks
Old Jan 25, 2005, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott LT Platinum
I have just faxed in the "Friendship List". I am under the impression it is a one time deal, but if that is not the case, I'll re-post to get more 'friends.'

It will be interesting for those of you on the list to let us know if it works out.

Regards.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 3:23 pm

I have just faxed in the "Friendship List". I am under the impression it is a one time deal, but if that is not the case, I'll re-post to get more 'friends.'

It will be interesting for those of you on the list to let us know if it works out.

Regards.

SMCMONA,

Thanks again and I will post here when I hear something...
Old Jan 26, 2005, 3:07 am

Programs: UA 1k MM, AA EXP MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First (oh boy)
yhm! :)

Check your email. If they let you send in a second list, please count me in.

Thanks for the generous offer! ^

Last edited by corbetti; Jan 26, 2005 at 3:08 am Reason: should have finished reading the thread... d'oh!
Old Jan 26, 2005, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?

Regards.
smcmona,

Thank you for the nice offer ^
Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:36 pm

ygm

Count me in if you are sending another list. Thank you.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:57 pm

Programs: Starwood
Westin Maui

We are owners at the Westin Ka'anapali timeshare resort. If anyone is interested in the same package for the Westin Maui hotel, send me a PM with your name and address. I'll send it to Starwood and they'll send an invitation. You can't be current owners at the resort to get this invitation and there may be a limit to the number of friends I can submit, but I'll do my best.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Y both GM

thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.