Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of July 2023, breakfast for Elites is in the restaurant (no welcome gift choice required), and evening cocktails are in the 3rd floor lounge. The lounge opens at 9 AM for beverage service.

Front Office e-mail: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by markis10
Good words to entice traffic to your own blog though, even if they are disappointed with the content and never return. I don't bother reading reviews not on Flyertalk.
Not even for the pics?
Old May 17, 2017, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by LuisHK
Is this SPG standard? I did experience before where my room is upgraded but benefits not fully extended - during check in I was specifically told which are the benefits of the room NOT applicable to me
If you are upgraded to a Club room, Club access follows. This was confirmed by the lurkers. Not sure what other benefits you are referring to.
Old May 30, 2017, 1:18 pm

Hi guys,

Planning to stay at this property in mid-June. I know that as a Plat, I get complimentary lounge access. But I will be traveling with wife and kids, anyone knows if complimentary breakfast is offered to Platinum member and his guests? Thanks!

alextktan
Old May 30, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by alextktan
Hi guys,

Planning to stay at this property in mid-June. I know that as a Plat, I get complimentary lounge access. But I will be traveling with wife and kids, anyone knows if complimentary breakfast is offered to Platinum member and his guests? Thanks!

alextktan
second person registered and staying in the same room with the Plat member is entitled to lounge/breakfast benefits.

Additional family members are NOT entitled to those benefits, but many
properties extend them nonetheless.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by alextktan
Hi guys,

alextktan
Kids aren't allowed in the lounge. I don't recall the age cutoff. While there in March with my 5 year old, we were given breakfast for 3 in the main restaurant downstairs. It was fine, but nothing special.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:01 am

Found the property selling for $148 on Christmas Weekend and over the next few weeks. Cheapest rates i have seen so far. Amazing value.

http://jerrremy.wixsite.com/pointhig...istmas-Weekend
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:22 am

Singapore: Sheraton Towers anyone?

Has anyone stayed recently at the Sheraton Towers in Singapore and if so, what was your experience? I was attracted to it due to a reasonable rate, but TripAdvisor seems to have a lot of nasty reviews.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:21 am

Memo to self: Why do you keep returning to this property. Yes, it's cheap, but it would be worth paying more to avoid the aggravation.
Checked in yesterday, hotel does not appear to be anywhere near capacity, no upgrade of any sort, assigned a broom closet on the 5th floor.
Wifi connection problems. My requested bedding not provided. My choice of smoking/non-smoking not provided.
Lounge breakfast is awful. Even the 4 Points is better, if not for the long walk to the subway.
Remind me next time I have to book.
UAuhoh likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by puchong
Has anyone stayed recently at the Sheraton Towers in Singapore and if so, what was your experience? I was attracted to it due to a reasonable rate, but TripAdvisor seems to have a lot of nasty reviews.
I stayed here very recently (mid-April) for two nights. Did not get any notable upgrade as a Gold. I have probably stayed at this hotel around 30 nights total over the years, but admittedly it has been well over a decade. So long ago in fact that the records accessible by the front desk could't indicate I had ever stayed there. Staff is still very friendly and warm. Location is central. Taxi's using the Grab app are very cheap.

My room was facing the front of the hotel, I believe on the 8th floor and had a pleasant view. I spent a bit of time admiring the architecture of the surrounding buildings.

One tradition I am happy they kept is the piano in the lobby and the player that comes in the evening. I have fond memories of having a there after work, while being serenaded.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Have any plats had experience with early check in? I'll be arriving at 9am and want to go straight to my room. Some hotels in Singapore are kind of a pain about this. Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:20 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Has there been a change recently with regards to Plats getting lounge access?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
May 2018 was my last stay - I guess that is not recent? But lounge access given.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Why should there be? Is there something you know that we don't?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:22 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Why should there be? Is there something you know that we don't?
If I knew, I wouldn’t be asking.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: * A
we were at the property last month, no changes were communicated; however we were platinum premiere elites. early check-in before 12:00 pm so no upgrades were expected nor was available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.