Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-paid reservations and not keeping it.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2004, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Pre-paid reservations and not keeping it.

I have a question-

I recently booked and pre-paid (via SPG.com) two rooms for a one night stay for late Sept.

Currently, it looks like I am not able to make the trip but my travelling companions will be able to go.

Since the rooms are in my name and the rooms have been paid for, is there a way for my companions to keep the reservations without me being there?

Best regards,
Mirage
Old Sep 14, 2004, 10:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

People book and pay for other travelers' rooms all the time.
Now, if only someone else would pay for my lodgings.. then that would be great. ^

Add their names to the res.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 6:55 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
izzik has it right, if you trust your friends (associates) to show up.

You should call the Customer Contact Center and put the name of one of your friends (associates) on each reservation. This way they can check in without you being there.

At check-in, be sure that they give their credit card number for any incidentals or you may be getting a bill for that later. It would also help if they would tell the hotel what was up instead of trying to get by on the sly.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Sep 15, 2004, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
izzik has it right, if you trust your friends (associates) to show up.

You should call the Customer Contact Center and put the name of one of your friends (associates) on each reservation. This way they can check in without you being there.

At check-in, be sure that they give their credit card number for any incidentals or you may be getting a bill for that later. It would also help if they would tell the hotel what was up instead of trying to get by on the sly.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Thank you for the information. I will give the Customer Contact Center a call.

Best regards,
Mirage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.