Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Vacation Ownership

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: American Airlines, SPG
RE: Referral for any property in Hawaii

Originally Posted by NotJustDreaming
I would love a referral for any property in Hawaii. Is anyone able to help me out? Much appreciated!
NotJustDreaming - we actually use ours for Hawaii but own at Beaver Creek. We pay a lot less maintenance fees than buying directly in Hawaii. We have done this twice and have had no problem getting the week we want when we book 8 months out! Let me know if you would like a referral there and can send along your way!
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sthomes
NotJustDreaming - we actually use ours for Hawaii but own at Beaver Creek. We pay a lot less maintenance fees than buying directly in Hawaii. We have done this twice and have had no problem getting the week we want when we book 8 months out! Let me know if you would like a referral there and can send along your way!
We do the same by owning in Avon (the older Sheraton property in the Vail area), both an every-year week and an EOY week. Able to use them in Scottsdale, Hawaii, Palm Desert and other locations. We had also owned another SVO week in Maui but sold that one due to maintenance fee increases. Definitely worth looking at other locations and then using Staroptions eight months out for desired properties.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Gold
I would love a referral to the SVN Westin Princeville property if possible. THanks.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
I recently received and accepted a Starwood Vacations deal for Maui. Does anyone know how they determine who gets the invites?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:23 pm

Smile Looking for Owner Referral to Timeshare Preview Promotion to Hawaii

Hi, my wife and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary in May 2016 and i would love to surprise her (along with my two little girls) with a trip to Hawaii. Is there any chance someone who has the ability to give me an owner referral for one of the SPG Timeshare Preview promotion to any of the SVN SPG properties on Maui or Kauai? It would absolutely make my day

Please PM me if you can spare the referral and don't mind the inconvenience of setting it up for me. Thank you in advance.

Gabriel
Old Sep 30, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Oh how I wish there was a property in the Utah mountains.

That being said, any owners in one of the 4 Colorado options? Which is considered the best? I'd love to know more.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I'm not an owner, but regularly alternate my usage between my home resort in Hawaii and skiing in Colorado. Westin is the best option, IMHO, if you can find availability. I haven't stayed in Steamboat SVO, but have stayed at the hotel. Due to availability, I usually end up at the Avon Sheraton - good enough for sleeping/eating - nothing fancy, but adequate. We're there again in March.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by CPRich
I'm not an owner, but regularly alternate my usage between my home resort in Hawaii and skiing in Colorado. Westin is the best option, IMHO, if you can find availability. I haven't stayed in Steamboat SVO, but have stayed at the hotel. Due to availability, I usually end up at the Avon Sheraton - good enough for sleeping/eating - nothing fancy, but adequate. We're there again in March.
Thanks. Is availability through Staroptions generally tough at the ski locations during the winter? I'm thinking about looking into buying in, but also could buy into another property and just book into one of the Colorado resorts every couple of years if it is available.

My biggest issue is that I almost never book a full week vacation. So because of that it is likely that I would buy into some particular property, but would almost always be booking 90 days out to do a few days at a time when I can get it.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 10:58 pm
RLG

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, AS MVP, HA premier
Originally Posted by paterwdb
Is availability through Staroptions generally tough at the ski locations during the winter? I'm thinking about looking into buying in, but also could buy into another property and just book into one of the Colorado resorts every couple of years if it is available.
There's zero chance of getting Riverfront or Steamboat during ski season using Staroptions. However, the two other properties in Avon are usually available.

If you're thinking about buying in, you should be lurking on tugbbs.com. They are to timeshares what flyertalk is to miles and points.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: American Airlines, SPG
We own at Sheraton Vistana Avon - have actually never stayed there but use it to swap to Hawaii. All the reviews have been great there. Have stayed at the Westin Villas and they are very nice as well.

I can give you a referral to Sheraton Vistana Avon if you would like!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by paterwdb
Thanks. Is availability through Staroptions generally tough at the ski locations during the winter? I'm thinking about looking into buying in, but also could buy into another property and just book into one of the Colorado resorts every couple of years if it is available.

My biggest issue is that I almost never book a full week vacation. So because of that it is likely that I would buy into some particular property, but would almost always be booking 90 days out to do a few days at a time when I can get it.
Forget Steamboat. There are just a few multi-bedroom villas and I've never seen them available.

Westin is similarly difficult. I had my hopes up 8 months + 1-2 weeks out, and they disappeared as the window opened.

I booked 3 days at the Sheraton, but I think I may have grabbed the last room on at least one of the days. I've always ended up with space, but have sometimes taken non-optimal dates and later paid the $25 to change when other space opened up. We've been going over Easter the last few times, so late March/early April. Mid-Feb, MLK weekend, etc., may be more difficult, though I think we did late January several years ago.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
If you or anyone needs a referral, send me a PM and let me know. Happy to help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.