Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia 2006 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS

Hotel Services
750 – 60 minute cycling tour for 2 people or day rental of dream bed for day
1500 – one way Innova transfer
2250 – Afternoon tea for 2 or 60 minutes tennis package
3000 - Room upgrade to Terrace Garden Room
4500 – Room upgrade to Terrace Pool Room
3750 - $60 resort credit for F&B/laundry
7500 - $120 resort credit for F&B/laundry

Destination Experience
9000 – VIP Devdan show (per person)
9375 – 8 hours Bali Tour for 3

F&B
1500 - buffet breakfast
2250 - buffet breakfast for 2
2250 - Sunday brunch at Prego
2625 - Legong Dinner Show
3000 - Japanese Dinner
3375 - Seafood BBQ

Spa
3000 – Express Mani or Pedi
4500 – Westin Kids Spa – Mommy and Me
5625 - 90 minute Tradition, Sacred Stone or Aspire massage

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, lights are turned off, and the international airport is closed.

Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9, in 2016. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort. All television channels will be switched to in-house movies due to broadcast silence. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools, garden areas, and some restaurants will still be accessible, except for the beach.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10, in 2016.

Hamabe Japanese Restaurant Closed: August 31 - December 1

From August 31 to December 1, 2015, Hamabe Japanese Restaurant is closed for refurbishment. During this time, guests are able to enjoy a selection of Japanese cuisine from both in-room dining as well as our Japanese Flair Theme Dinner at the beachfront garden on Monday and Friday nights. Please contact the resort for further information.
Print Wikipost

The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia 2006 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2006, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHilton, Starwood
Arrow The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia 2006 on [Master Thread]

Originally Posted by diana
Have a wonderful trip and say hello to Mr Jan, the general manager from me.
Diana,

I had the pleasure to say Hi to Mr. Jan for you. He's a wonderful man and went out of his way to show me the new suites and make sure my needs were met. The hotel service was excellent from every aspect. I Would definately go back there when in Bali.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 6:29 pm
JMR

Programs: *wood, UA, HHonors
Did you get an Upgrade as a Gold?

Originally Posted by FrankFlyer
Diana,

I had the pleasure to say Hi to Mr. Jan for you. He's a wonderful man and went out of his way to show me the new suites and make sure my needs were met. The hotel service was excellent from every aspect. I Would definately go back there when in Bali.
I know you previously advised no advance upgrade without $$, but what happened once you showed up? Any recognition of Gold?
Old Jan 9, 2006, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHilton, Starwood
Nope nothing. What I received was a Garden View room. Though I will say that after meeting with Mr. Jan on the 2nd day he asked if my room was ok and if I wanted to change rooms. At that point I was already settled and knew I was not staying in the hotel for the 4th and 5th night of my stay ( still paid as it was a priceline rate ) as I was going with friends to Ubud.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by FrankFlyer
after meeting with Mr. Jan on the 2nd day he asked if my room was ok and if I wanted to change rooms.
FrankFlyer, you should have accepted Mr Jan's invitation to change rooms. You might have been switched to one of those empty new suites.

I am glad that you were happy with the Westin. I am just waiting for the weather to get better so that I can go back home.
Old May 17, 2006, 4:25 am

Westin Nusa Dua - Bali

We decided to use some Starpoints for a three night award stay at this resort and selected a specialty room (Pool view). At the time we made the booking, husband was Gold, but he got “downgraded” in the meantime to Preferred.

We had booked for an airport transfer and found the driver outside the customs exit waiting for us (we were not entitled to the Mercedes car… ), and he took us for a smooth 15 mn trip to the hotel.

Upon check-in, the room we had booked was confirmed (how nice! ), but the lady “offered” a change to a Royal Beach Club room for 60 USD a day, including breakfast, drinks, lunch and free internet connection.
We selected this option and found it very useful. ^

Note: we were also “offered” another paying upgrade to a suite for 150 USD a day…

When taken to our room, we discovered that the king size bed was there, but no bath tub…. It was a shower. This is the first time it ever happens to us in such a hotel category. Unless you specify your choice for a shower, standard equipment is bathtub, or both…

They moved us to the room next door with a bath tub, but with twin beds… Apparently this 355 room resort has no room with King size bed and bathtub…

I checked the web site and there is no way of knowing the difference in bathroom equipment depending on the room type chosen.

Room was nicely decorated, with a small balcony and an adequate but small bathroom. We were not convinced by the advertised room size (409 sq ft or 38 sq meters)…

We had a very good dinner by the sea at the Ikan restaurant. ^

The room was quiet and we had a good night. However the next morning we discovered that the bath tub plug was blocked and would not open. Later in the day we were told that the bath tub problem could not be fixed (don’t ask me why!), and the reception offered to move us to a similar room.
No upgrade offer again, unless we were willing to pay the requested price…
Since it was late already, we declined the “offer”.

On the second morning, another problem came up… the A/C went down… They managed however to solve this problem and offered this time to move us to a Club Terrace room (same type of room but on the ground level with a terrace) which we did not find adequate in terms of privacy. Again the request for a suite upgrade was not accepted. Although the RBC supervisor said she would check it with her Manager the next day. Apparently she did not have the ability to decide by herself.

On the third day we went out for the whole day to visit the island. We had informed the Supervisor that we would be out all day long…
Upon our return around 6 PM, we got an anxious phone call from the RBC office saying they had been trying to contact us all day… and let us know that we would be moved (for the last remaining night) to a RBC Suite. Apparently the exchange of information between the teams had not been made…

I have to say that the thought of packing/unpacking/re-packing again for one night made us refuse this Suite, although we had been longing for this for the last three days.

It became very clear that the staff did not have much power of decision on upgrades, but their Manager, when consulted, gave approval right away… It would have been great if they had asked their boss when we made our first request… but they did not…

Upon check-out, while I was paying for the bill, my husband was approached in the lobby by the Hotel Manager who was a bit anxious to know if our stay went OK… I wonder why… and he apologized for the problems encountered during our stay.

This resort is a nice one, extensive grounds, very well maintained. Very cheerful and eager to please staff. Good food (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Enjoyable Royal Beach Club. But we had the feeling the staff was really under pressure to generate more revenue for the hotel, than actually trying to answer a request (since the hotel was not full…). But we all know that the situation in terms of business is not easy in Bali at the moment...

However we can recommend the place to family/friends/relatives/business partners, as the resort is a nice one, and we were able to relax. I just loved the squirrels there ! ^
And their beach is a fine one, even if it may not be a “nature-made” beach.

On departure day we requested a "late" check-out (2.30 PM) and got it without any problems, as the other hotel we were staying at in Ubud had sent a car to pick us up in the afternoon.

Last edited by Joelle; May 18, 2006 at 2:36 am
Old May 17, 2006, 6:11 am

As a final note, you may have to keep in mind that the resort was only half full when we stayed there, making the pool accessible, no lounge chair problems, etc...

It is also true that it looks very convenient for families. There were only a few families (and kids) in May. I don't know how crowded it may get during the high season. However grounds are extensive.
Old May 17, 2006, 11:05 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, HH, SPG
"but the lady “offered” a change to a Royal Beach Club room for 60 USD a day, including breakfast, drinks, lunch and free internet connection.
We selected this option and found it very useful. "

I stayed here in March and was offered the same deal. I, too, took it and enjoyed the club though, as an SPG Gold, I was disappointed in not being offered some sort of deal on the upgrade. The $60 difference between the rate I booked and the RBC rate I was offered was the same rate difference offered on the website.

The hotel was less than 40% full. The RBC wing was virtually empty (over two nights I saw the same three couples in the lounge and no one else). While I enjoyed my stay, my room, too, had some minor issues and the hotel was undergoing some renovation... all of which could have been smoothed over by a complimentary or discounted upgrade.

I understand the need to maximize revenue, but, in my case, all the Westin did was insure I'll stay next door at the Sheraton (or the Intercon, which was really nice) next time.
Old May 17, 2006, 4:19 pm

Joelle, I am sorry that you encountered all of those problems during your stay. I am glad that you posted them, however, I wished you would have mentioned something about any problems when you made your post from the RBC. The hotel manager is very aware of Flyertalk and would have dealt with your problems directly instead of going through the RBC staff.

I want to mention one thing about the RBC staff. Last year the manager became pregnant and she moved over to the convention center. Since that time, it has been co-managed by Ms S and Mr G, but they really don't have the status of manager, as you said in your post. I have found them both to be quite helpful, but more like a position of a concierge.

If any of those situations would have occurred to me, I would have told them, "That's not good enough" and you better believe they would do all in their power and more to have corrected the situation ASAP! I would have told them that I was going down to the RBC and have a drink and that they have an hour to get a king size bed in my room.

In the future if any of the Flyertalk community stays at the Westin Nusa Dua, please mention in your reservation that you are from Flyertalk. And also ask to meet the hotel manager as soon as you can. He likes to meet all of his guests at some point or another during your stay. At least you won't be just a name and if you have a problem you can deal with Mr Jan directly. This does not apply only to this hotel. I would try and meet the manager of any hotel where I was staying for my vacation.

Last edited by diana; May 17, 2006 at 5:05 pm
Old May 18, 2006, 2:34 am

Don't worry Diana. We enjoyed our stay at the Westin.

We wanted to relax there for a few days after a long trip from Europe, and we managed to do so.

When I posted from the RBC computer, I was anyway leaving the hotel the next day.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 7:22 am
Suspended

Royal Beach Club - Award Stay ?

Would Platinum members be upgraded to the Royal Beach Club on an award stay ? I have a late arrival and will be spending a night at the Westin, would be nice to be able to have breakfast in the lounge

Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 9:19 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, AA CK, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, KAL MC, Hyatt Globalist, Sixt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mario33
Would Platinum members be upgraded to the Royal Beach Club on an award stay ? I have a late arrival and will be spending a night at the Westin, would be nice to be able to have breakfast in the lounge

Thanks.
As a PLAT I was upgraded to a very nice suite. As far as I know they don't upgrade to the RBC. The suite was great though, very large with two toilets, shower, tub, very nice and large living room area and large balcony.

There was a happy hour from 5-7 every day at the bar for PLAT with free drinks (enjoyed this very much )
Old Jun 15, 2006, 10:18 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
We stayed at the Sheraton next door in early June. Booked award specialty room Studio King. The room was wonderful - my wife was aghast actually. Both shower and hot tub. Not one single thing went wrong during the entire stay. the staff were cheery, friendly and helpful and never gave us the impression of trying to generate revenue. I was amazed at the low number of guests - it truly did feel like the staff/guest ratio was 2:1. The pools were wonderful. We dined at the Westin restaurants next door, but found them more expensive than the Sheraton ones (eg the Sheraton has a breakfast buffet, while Westin only has a la carte).

We would truly want to come back to this resort and would highly recommend it to others.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 3:16 am

In May, the Westin featured a huge buffet breakfast + another breakfast buffet at the RBC...
Old Jun 20, 2006, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by alect
We stayed at the Sheraton next door in early June. Booked award specialty room Studio King. The room was wonderful - my wife was aghast actually. Both shower and hot tub. Not one single thing went wrong during the entire stay. the staff were cheery, friendly and helpful and never gave us the impression of trying to generate revenue. I was amazed at the low number of guests - it truly did feel like the staff/guest ratio was 2:1. The pools were wonderful. We dined at the Westin restaurants next door, but found them more expensive than the Sheraton ones (eg the Sheraton has a breakfast buffet, while Westin only has a la carte).

We would truly want to come back to this resort and would highly recommend it to others.
I have stayed at the Sheraton Laguna many times and have found each stay to be a real treat. I will be back in July for another visit.

If in Bali a trip to Jimbaran Beach or Bay for dinner is a must. Sun sets can be beautiful and the food is not expensive. Give "Sharkey's" a try.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 4:22 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, HH Blue, SPG PLatinum
Denied Plat Benefits At Westin Bali

I am a SPG PLat, and when I checked in at the Westin yesterday, was told there is "no executive club" and when asked for a bfast voucher, they said room only rate, I was on a spg award night, and they knew I was plat, complained on checkout, they comp the internet broadbank and phone charges. I was given amenity of 500 pts on check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.