Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:00 am

Can someone also kindly send me a referral for this property?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:46 pm

what is the website to check availability

I had a website a few years ago to see the availability of the 6day 5 night offer but can't find it now. thanks
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:47 pm

just called to reserve my dates having made the deposit and got a recording office is closed due to unforeseen circumstances. wth
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Can we still request referrals here? Would love one for Maui, if not Kauai.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador , Marriott platinum, United, Delta
any recent reviews on this property. Trying to decide on this property or Nanea next door both are available for our dates in the end of Feb. Only two of us so a studio is fine.

Last edited by mitchwebb; Feb 2, 2019 at 5:24 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
We stay at this resort every year and love it. We stay in a two bedroom at the original South location. North is also very nice. I stayed at Nanea a little over a year ago. Nanea doesn't have studios. I would say that you would be fine at either North or South in a studio.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mitchwebb
any recent reviews on this property. Trying to decide on this property or Nanea next door both are available for our dates in the end of Feb. Only two of us so a studio is fine.
If a Studio at WKORV South or North is about the same price as a 1-bedroom at Nanea, then definitely go with Nanea. The Studios at South and North range from 480-500 sq ft in size while the 1-bedroom villa at Nanea will be 840 sq ft.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:26 pm

my only concern with the 1 bedroom at Nanea is it looks like a lot of them look over the entrance and parking. Was able to get a studio ocean view at WKORV for 20,000 less points.
Do not mind spending the extra 20,000 but afraid of looking at parking lot and entrance. Anyone have experience with one bedrooms at Nanea
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
There is indeed a 1-Bedroom risk of looking over entrance and parking at Nanea. There is some risk for all unit sizes, but higher for 1-bedroom as there is a higher proportion of them with these views. I personally would not switch to Nanea unless there is some reason you need/want a full kitchen. The guaranteed ocean view you have at WKORV would be better for me than the extra space of a 1-bedroom (given you're only 2 people.

Finishes at Nanea are slightly nicer as the property is new, but WKORV is still in great shape. There are also quite a few reports at Nanea of some rooms getting unpleasant odors from the nearby water treatment facility as well as many reports of those in rooms that back up to the parking area suffering from near hourly beeping from the back up signal on the hotel shuttles. We personally didn't experience any of these issues when we stayed, but I proactively did my nest to ensure we didn't back up to the parking lot. While we enjoyed Nanea, it will likely always fall the the bottom of our list for the three properties. We really prefer to have a 1-bedroom when we stay, but the upgrade in space is smallest when you compare WKORV studio to Nanea 1-Bed and with only 2 people we'd pick the studio for the reasons mentioned above.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:22 pm

Thank you
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:51 am

Arrived yesterday afternoon and was given a one-bedroom instead of studio. Had booked ocean view on points but for some reason they did not have me down as ocean view. Checking wanted to see my confirmation, took awhile to pull up but after I was able to show the confirmation they started a long process. Of looking for another room. Original studio was ground floor behind aunties kitchen restaurant. They moved me to north building looking out at green in between the two Westin’s and a side ocean view. I was disappointed in the walk to room through parking lot looking hallways. The rooms are need of renovations mostly soft products. Outdoor furniture is really worn and old.

with all the negatives the place is growing on me. Have found a stairway that lets us out by adult pool and bbqs. I was able to cut off parking garage windy corridors. It was less than a 10 minute walk over to Duke’s for dinner. The offer at checkin for titanium was 1,000 point or continental breakfast from little grocery store. Ends up being enough for us for breakfast and light lunch.
looking forward to exploring pools today
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:11 am

Hi, would anyone be able to send me a referral for this property? My family is looking into investing in timeshare properties and would like to compare them.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: United 1K & AA Exec Plat
Do referrals still exist for here? If so, would love one.

Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:44 pm

Do referrals still exist for here? If so, would love one as we are looking to invest timeshares. Really appreciate!
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:23 am

Referral

would appreciate a referral to the westin vacation club in Maui

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.