Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:46 pm

wish I saw this referral deal earlier so how does this work? if I want to go in peak season, ask for referral 8 month earlier? then go for a time share presentation and then book a cheap 1 week Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:13 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by stewlevine
I'm curious if anyone knows anything about the status of Lot 3, i.e. the fenced off area to the north of the current resort next to Honua Kai. I had heard Westin was stuck due to issues with water rights. Does anyone know if construction is likely to proceed any time soon?
Had the sales spiel today. Apparently approval is still pending but all that will be built is larger villas with no lock offs. Apparently Maui County will no longer approve lock offs because of the increased density of occupants and environmental impact as a consequence. The precedent was apparently set with the new Hyatt facilities so they seemed to have little doubt that's how it will be. They need it to proceed because the available inventory at the existing villas is sparse. In fact today they were pushing the Westin Cancun more than Maui.

In addition , at least according to the sales rep, the new property will be points based and not a deeded property, kind of like other time share companies such as Royal Resorts etc.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
There was a press release on Feb 18 announcing the new phase of the Westin villas.

It's going to carry a separate name, so the three phases of the resort will be:
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas North
- Westin Nanea Ocean Villas

STARWOOD VACATION OWNERSHIP’S NEW MAUI RESORT
BEGINS WITH TRADITIONAL GROUND BLESSING CEREMONY

Slated to open in 2017, The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas will Inspire Wellbeing in an Idyllic Oceanfront Setting on Maui’s Ka’anapali Beach

STAMFORD, Conn. – February 18, 2015 – Starwood Vacation Ownership, a division of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) announced yesterday the development of The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas in Hawaii, a 26-acre oceanfront resort. Scheduled to open in 2017, the new resort is ideally located on Ka’anapali Beach in Maui and will feature 390 luxurious villas and a variety of world-class resort amenities, including an expansive lagoon-style pool and a beach bar. The new resort will also pursue the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification for high-performance buildings.

“The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas is a highly anticipated addition to the Starwood Vacation Ownership portfolio, building on the success of our existing Westin resorts on Ka’anapali,” said Steve Williams, SVO’s Chief Operating Officer. “By working closely with Hawaiian cultural experts on the resort’s design and offerings, we will provide a truly authentic experience that celebrates the island’s rich history and traditions.”

Several of Hawaii’s elected officials and community leaders welcomed Starwood’s expansion in Maui at the ground blessing ceremony, including Mayor Alan Arakawa, Mayor of the County of Maui. “Starwood has always been respectful, gracious and kind to our community,” said Mayor Alan Arakawa. “Their new resort will be a fine addition along Ka’anapali Beach and also provide more jobs for our working class in West Maui. We are thankful that Starwood continues to expand their brand here in Maui County.”

Situated on a 26-acre property which includes a ten-acre public park, The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas has been designed by WCIT Architecture, a local architectural firm, and will be constructed by Hawaiian Dredging Construction Company, Inc. Infused with a variety of Hawaiian design elements, resort amenities will include a 10,000 square foot lagoon-style swimming pool with an upper pool, children’s beach pool and play area, two plunge pools, three oceanfront cabanas and a WestinWORKOUT® studio. A full-service restaurant will offer breathtaking ocean views and an enticing menu of Hawaiian and international cuisine, plus the Westin brand’s signature SuperFoodsRX® menu with nutrient-rich and delicious options to tempt every palate. The pool bar will provide a relaxing setting to enjoy oceanfront views, cocktails and lighter fare. Guests will enjoy cultural programming celebrating local history, arts and crafts, music and dance, as well as access to resort amenities at The Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas located next door, including Spa Helani, a Heavenly Spa by Westin.
Link to the full press release is here:
https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork....ea-release.pdf

News story is here:
http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/n...re-resort.html

Last edited by FlyerJ; Feb 27, 2015 at 3:38 pm
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
That is indeed interesting, although to be honest the Press release is full of platitudes about new units, anew pool and restaurants, without giving away too much. The4 conditions put on Hyatt's development regarding lock offs and reduced density ( read higher prices more than expected by inflation ) were being spoken of as a done deal yesterday, seeing as how the precedent has been set. Admittedly this news was being proffered as an incentive to buy remaining inventory while you can at todays prices.

What was more interesting to me was SVO's apparent move from deeded properties to a purely points based system with no actual ownership being involved. That cannot be applied retroactively to existing properties perhaps but may be the way forwards for SVO.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:29 pm

Platinum Breakfast

Anyone can chime in as to what the Platinum breakfast is like here?

Also, if you book a 2 Bedroom villa, can you get breakfast for 4?

Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by shingu79

Thanks!
This is SVO (Starwood Vacation Ownership) and not a starwood branded hotel. Platinum benefits dont apply here. . other than to Platinum Owners meaning they own at least 5 weeks with SVO.

No free breakfast or upgrade perks here. Plus there was recently a big announcement that SVO and Starwood were splitting apart. The Timeshare's will soon be no longer part of the SPG program at all.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
Also see "Announcements" link for the Villas

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ropertyID=1406
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Hvanv0405
This is SVO (Starwood Vacation Ownership) and not a starwood branded hotel. Platinum benefits dont apply here. . other than to Platinum Owners meaning they own at least 5 weeks with SVO.

No free breakfast or upgrade perks here. Plus there was recently a big announcement that SVO and Starwood were splitting apart. The Timeshare's will soon be no longer part of the SPG program at all.
The SVO spinoff announcement said there will be no change to branding (ie Starwood branding, whether Westin or Sheraton) and that all program participation will remain unchanged.

The SVO properties will keep their brands, and remain fully affiliated with Starwood. Starwood simply won't own the hotels (same as most of their hotels).

SPG participation remains unchanged. Rooms will remain available for redemption via SPG.

But, same as today, Villa properties (ie all SVN resorts) don't provide SPG Platinum benefits (no upgrades since they're all-suite properties, and no breakfast benefit, and no late check out)

The ownership change is nothing more than a financial transaction. No change t brands, SPG participation, or benefits.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
May i please have an invite?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
I received two breakfast vouchers per night during a 10 night points stay in January. They are redeemable in the Kai Ala Market or can be upgraded to the full breakfast buffet.

This properties does honour some platinum benefits although the T&C seems to suggest that they do not need to.

Originally Posted by shingu79

Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold
I really enjoyed my stay at the Westin especially since we were there on the $798 for 5 nights package.

They offered us 7000 spg points or sunset dinner cruise or a few other things to take there timeshare presentation. The presentation took about 90 minutes, in the end we declined to buy the timeshare but interestingly enough we were offered a discovery package for ~2700 USD, which include a 7 day, 8 night stay in a studio room at the Westin villa within the next 2 years and 50k spg points. Also, if you decided to buy a timeshare they would put the 2700 towards the purchase cost. In the end we declined, we aren't really interesting in going back to Maui in the next 2 years.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:28 am

A referral please?

I will be going in December and would really appreciate a referral if anyone is able and willing to help. Thanks in advance.

SW
Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:57 am

Would love a referal if anyone could help me out.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:23 pm

May I have an invite please. We want to travel in August
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I would appreciate a referral if travel in July is a possibility

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.