Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Does it really take a couple of months from the time I get a referral until I get an invite from SVO? Thinking of taking my mom to Hawaii around September; don't have the dates locked up though so perhaps it's too late to take advantage of this offer but would want to know for the future
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Rusdude
Does it really take a couple of months from the time I get a referral until I get an invite from SVO? Thinking of taking my mom to Hawaii around September; don't have the dates locked up though so perhaps it's too late to take advantage of this offer but would want to know for the future
Yes. The deal is not for the short-term planner but for someone who can plan approximately four to sixteen months in advance. Once the offer is accepted, one has twelve months to take the trip.
Old May 13, 2014, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by dcv2002
Does any know when 2015 dates would become available for booking?
I called this morning as well for a March '15 stay. They recommended I pay the deposit and check back in June. I declined. Instead, booked a 1 BDR for 1 week at $300/night via VRBO. Not an ocean view, but good deal it seems vs the studio that's listed in the offer (there's three of us).
Old Jun 11, 2014, 8:28 pm

Can I get a referral for Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 1:49 pm

Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by raj1234
Originally Posted by raj1234

Thanks

PM has been sent you.

Originally Posted by controller1

NOTE TO THOSE DESIRING AN OWNER-REFERRAL: To prevent this thread from increasing in size due to requests for referrals, please feel free to send me a PM requesting a referral. There is no need to post your request in this thread.

Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:19 pm

Aloha
Old Aug 3, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k, Marriott and SPG Plat, Avis First
Any recent trip reports? Do platinums still get the continental with upgrade price to full buffet breakfast?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:04 am

Hello plum4457 - I just stayed at the Westin Villas from 8/21/14 - 8/26/14 as a Plat. There is a $10 self parking charge. In the past, you would get to eat at the buffet (cold items and pay $8 incremental for the hot food). Now, they give you two vouchers per day to use at the Kai Ala Market (north facility) for a pastry, fruit, yogurt, and coffee or tea. You can still pay $8 to upgrade to the full breakfast buffet.

In regards to upgrades, I had to push pretty hard for an upgrade to a 1-bedroom villa. They gave me an island view. The rooms are noticeably smaller than the older villas, which I prefer.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:39 pm
bhp

Just got the email offer for 5 nights at $798 with car rental and $75 credit. For those that stayed at the island view rooms (which I imagine is what we'll get for this offer), can they accomodate 2 adults with young 3 kids (one is 11 month old)? I might bring a playpen for the baby to sleep.

We've never been to Maui, is 5 nights really enough? We don't really plan to do much but simply relax. If we do accept the offer, we're also considering pricelining 2 nights perhaps around the Kihei area, although we're thinking 5 nights is sufficient.

Again, for those that took this offer, do you most of you stay longer and if so, where do you recommend to stay for the other days? Flights aren't cheap and getting rewards flights seem difficult to find for 4 persons, argh...

Last edited by bhp; Sep 13, 2014 at 11:45 pm
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by bhp
Just got the email offer for 5 nights at $798 with car rental and $75 credit. For those that stayed at the island view rooms (which I imagine is what we'll get for this offer), can they accomodate 2 adults with young 3 kids (one is 11 month old)? I might bring a playpen for the baby to sleep.

We've never been to Maui, is 5 nights really enough? We don't really plan to do much but simply relax. If we do accept the offer, we're also considering pricelining 2 nights perhaps around the Kihei area, although we're thinking 5 nights is sufficient.

Again, for those that took this offer, do you most of you stay longer and if so, where do you recommend to stay for the other days? Flights aren't cheap and getting rewards flights seem difficult to find for 4 persons, argh...
The "view" of the villa will not be the deciding factor on size of accommodations. The invitation should have been clear that the offer was for a Studio Premium Villa which is the smaller of the two sizes of villas. A playpen in the Studio Premium Villa will be very cramped due to the floor plan.

You need to call and see if you can upgrade with additional dollars to the One Bedroom Premium Villa which will give you more room for a playpen.

Both the Studio Premium Villa and the One Bedroom Premium Villa have a king-sized bed and a double-sized sleeper sofa.

I can't answer whether five nights will be sufficient for you or not. It all depends on what you prefer and what you plan on doing. In my situation, this year we spent ten nights on Kauai and seven nights on Maui. Next April we will spend two full weeks on Maui. However, we are not traveling with children.

For your convenience, shown below is a link to the floor plans for the property:

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas Floor Plans
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:45 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
We just came back from a 5 night stay here, for out 10th anniversary. We booked with $$$ and paid for a studio. My wife emailed the property to see if they could do anything, and the GM responded back very quickly, and said she'd do what she could.

We got an ocean view 1 bedroom villa, wow. Super impressed. Loved the room and space it was great for my 3 YO and us. Service overall was really great and the resort had a nice pool and good beach. Never felt like we were being pushed by the concierges or the timeshare people, whoch was nice.

I took a ton of pictures and posted a full review here if you're interested.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
2nd week of April 2015 sold out

Any reason this is sold out that particular week...of course thats is the week my wife wanted! not a deal breaker as were moving it out but am curious.

thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by singtx
Any reason this is sold out that particular week...of course thats is the week my wife wanted! not a deal breaker as were moving it out but am curious.

thanks!
Perhaps some schools' Spring Break and the last week of whale watching?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:46 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by singtx

thanks!
It's the Easter school holidays in every state and territory in Australia and New Zealand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.