Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
OK next question for those who took the 5 night offer...

...included was a $185 credit for AVIS.
My folks did this last year and with the credit applied the rental for the week was less than $100.
Avis is telling me with the credit the total is $275.00.
Even without the credit I can get the same car on their website for $214.00
WTH is going on?
Anyone else have this issue?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HomerJ
My folks did this last year and with the credit applied the rental for the week was less than $100.
WTH is going on?
What's going on is that you might be getting hosed - but first, did you book the Avis car through the special number that the Westin sends you with their greeting letter? You actually have to book the deal through Avis' partner promotions desk, not their regular website or reservations number. I ran into this issue the last time I got the same deal with the Westin resort villas in Princeville. Once I booked it in the correct place, it ended up costing me only about $70 in taxes after the credit was applied.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 3:48 pm

No not the # I used the website with the 5Z code...

Originally Posted by flyboy60
What's going on is that you might be getting hosed - but first, did you book the Avis car through the special number that the Westin sends you with their greeting letter? You actually have to book the deal through Avis' partner promotions desk, not their regular website or reservations number. I ran into this issue the last time I got the same deal with the Westin resort villas in Princeville. Once I booked it in the correct place, it ended up costing me only about $70 in taxes after the credit was applied.
....I guess I will call SVO to see if they can get this straightened out.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:22 am

From what I can see, there is no resort fee at this property correct? How is the location of this hotel compared to the Westin and Sheraton Maui?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
From what I can see, there is no resort fee at this property correct? How is the location of this hotel compared to the Westin and Sheraton Maui?
I can't comment on whether there is a resort fee or not, but from a location standpoint it is a little north of the Westin and Sheraton, so you will be further away from the restaurants located in Whalers village. Duke's is right next door, and I'm going to guess from memory that you are about a 30 minute walk from the Westin, so that wouldn't be considered bad at all in my opinion. Overall I think its in a great location.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by JasonYYC
Originally Posted by omegadeal
I can't comment on whether there is a resort fee or not, but from a location standpoint it is a little north of the Westin and Sheraton, so you will be further away from the restaurants located in Whalers village. Duke's is right next door, and I'm going to guess from memory that you are about a 30 minute walk from the Westin, so that wouldn't be considered bad at all in my opinion. Overall I think its in a great location.
There is no resort fee.

As far as Whaler's Village goes, there is daily scheduled complimentary transportation from the resort to the Westin Maui and the Sheraton Maui (next door to Whaler's Village) from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by HomerJ
WTH is going on?
It is $185 + 70 tax and fees, so after the credit, you only pay $70. You need to book at Avis website with the offer code provided by Westin.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:51 pm

Got a call from Avis in Maui all was straightened out before arrival.

Originally Posted by Cana2013
It is $185 + 70 tax and fees, so after the credit, you only pay $70. You need to book at Avis website with the offer code provided by Westin.
Few other notes.
Parking is $7 self and $12 valet. Now our villa was very close to the 3rd floor parking so self park wasn't an issue but if you weren't in building 7 like we were you may want to go the valet route as this place gets packed.
Second we were told we were required (not given the option) to do the t/s presentation.
Third our u/g was to an ocean view (very good not limited) 1 b/r villa, which was nice.
They also gave me continental b'fast every day as my PLAT option.
However make sure you call the property ahead of time and let them know you are PLAT. I just sent them an email, arrived pulled out my LT Plat card and the poor kid at the front desk nearly hypervenelated with apologies.
So it took about 20 minutes of sorting out and getting us moved to get an upgraded villa.
A nice property, some of the staff seemed a little disorganized (didnt make resto reservation as requested), and it sure does get crowded by the pool.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Can some help me with a referral for my mother in law? Short version - I'm staying 5 nights at the resort next August; MIL is coming with family to be with her grand kids; would help in the stay logistics for the rest of the trip.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by stewlevine
Can some help me with a referral for my mother in law? Short version - I'm staying 5 nights at the resort next August; MIL is coming with family to be with her grand kids; would help in the stay logistics for the rest of the trip.
PM sent your way.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:48 am

Referral request - please help!

I would really appreciate if someone can get me a referral for the westin. Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2013, 3:12 pm

Referral request

If anyone can help out with a referral, I would appreciate it.

Feel free to pm me.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:26 pm

Can you upgrade to a Suite at the Westin Kaanapali resort using Starwood points?
What category is this hotel considered? How may points would it take and to what room would I be entitled?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by milemonkey
Can you upgrade to a Suite at the Westin Kaanapali resort using Starwood points?
What category is this hotel considered? How may points would it take and to what room would I be entitled?
AFAIK there are no base rooms here as it is a Timeshare Resort. There are 2 bedroom lock off villas, as well as a 1 bedroom and a studio. They have Premium and Deluxe Villas. The 2 bedroom is basically a 1 BR and Studio combined. There is a full kitchen in the 1 BR side and a smaller one in the Studio. Both sides have a washer/ dryer combo. There also seems to be a 1 BR that is not part of a Lck Off ( news to me ).

https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork....villas/villas/

The basic room, therefore, is the Studio. You may be able to use points to get a larger unit. By all accounts though you will not get any SPG Status privileges as it is an SVO Resort. I have heard that some Plats may have got breakfast but as it is largely self catered I wouldn't know for sure.

FYI The Ocean Resort Villas North is the other half of this resort, marketed separately , although they are both combined into 1 large complex. The rooms are a little newer there but are also a tad smaller.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by milemonkey
My understanding:

Studio = normal redemption rate of 30-35,000/nt for a SPG7 property
1BR = 2x normal redemption rate, so 60-70,000/nt
2BR = 3x normal redemption rate, so 90-105,000/nt

Remember, the 5th night is free...

I would equate the Studio to a hotel-style junior suite, while the 1BR would be more of the hotel-style suite. The 2BR is essentially connecting rooms, not a single contiguous unit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.